Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Another Reason I Shop At Lowe’s Instead Of Home Depot

Options
CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,247
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,656
    Options
    I wonder what they are paying the pooch?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CTMike
    Options
    Lit said:
    I hate people that bring their dogs to Home Depot. It says no animals on the door.
    Lowe’s welcomes well behaved non-service animal dogs. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • rekameohs
    rekameohs Posts: 263
    Options
    I like HD better, but tend to shop at Lowe's, as their charge card gives 5% off.  I wish HD had a similar card.
    Raleigh, NC
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited May 2019
    Options
    As a dog owner (who has never taken my pup to a Lowe’s) I do see the value of the possibility. In the south here, seldom in non-winter months is it cool enough to leave pets in a car. My pup travels with me frequently, but with planned stops (vet, hiking trails, groomer etc.). The unplanned is the reason I would think it nice to have the option. My pup is welcomed at my favorite local brewery. So he does travel and enjoys the social aspects of being a dog. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Lit said:
    CTMike said:
    Lit said:
    I hate people that bring their dogs to Home Depot. It says no animals on the door.
    I am pretty sure both stores are service dogs only. People just don’t listen and nobody enforces it. Not sure why people feel the need to take their dogs with them. 
    I saw someone take a dog into the grocery store....that was a new one for me. 

The airlines finally cracked down on the BS "support animal" stuff thank god.  I was on a flight back from Orlando about a year and a half ago and this lady was letting her dog walk free around the aisle and adjacent seats.  No way was this a trained animal.  Walking off the airplane, the dog pops a squat in the jetway.  Then the lady starts rearranging her bag, sets the leash down and the dog takes off.  Scared the hell out of this guy who was walking with his kids as he dog came running up to them.

I did see a guy in Costco one time with a "support dog", but every time he stopped, the dog stopped with him and sat.  The dog didn't stop to smell anything, didn't make eye contact with anyone, it was on this guy's left leg the whole time--that is 100% fine by me, because I don't have to worry about me or my kids around it.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    CTMike said:
    Lit said:
    I am pretty sure both stores are service dogs only. People just don’t listen and nobody enforces it. Not sure why people feel the need to take their dogs with them. 
    I could say the same about some people’s kids!
    That would be a good argument if there was a no kids sign on the door. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    Lit said:
    CTMike said:
    Lit said:
    From the WaPo article I posted above:

”Most Lowe’s branches allow non-service dogs in their stores anyway.

“We welcome well-behaved pets and, obviously, service animals,” Cobb said.”

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    It sure doesn’t take much to get everyone riled up.

Stupid people do stupid things, this won’t change.  Dogs are good, I feel bad for those that have bad owners that can’t be bothered to train them even a little.
  • Lit
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Lit said:
    CTMike said:
    Lit said:

That’s part of my problem. Both stores here say no dogs but nobody says anything. Every Saturday that I swing by there are multiple dogs in Home Depot. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,181
    Options
    Lit said:
    CTMike said:
    Lit said:
    CTMike said:
    Lit said:

That’s part of my problem. Both stores here say no dogs but nobody says anything. Every Saturday that I swing by there are multiple dogs in Home Depot. 
    The employees at the HD here play with the dogs and let them run around the store unleashed. I can’t stand it. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    My dog loves riding along in the truck. He stays in the truck when I go inside. If too hot outside he stays home. Simple as that. I don't need to bring him inside a store.

Menards is awesome with dogs in the lumberyard. He still stays in the truck but the security clerks always give him a nice sized dog bone when checking in/out. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    can honestly say ive never seen a dog in either lowes or hd. the kittery trading post here has a complimentary kennel though which is a great idea
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    I take my dog to Lowes all the time. Our local store welcomes any leashed dog that is well behaved. They often have treats for them at check out

Any place or store that allows dogs, I bring mine. Most restaurants and breweries with outdoor areas encourage dogs. 
    Boom
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    This is par for the course in Seattle.  More dogs to be found than children, in fact.  They can be found inside bars and low-key eateries as well.  Once I stopped at an eatery near my apartment for a quick bite when a woman and her very large, very smelly dog came in.  Smelled like a heavily mildewed, wet mop.  I just got up and left.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    HD near me has a employee with service dog. 

Im not sure when it became ok for all these people to bring their dogs wherever the hell they please! when they don't belong!
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • OshawaDave
    OshawaDave Posts: 198
    Options
    smokingal said:
    This is par for the course in Seattle.  More dogs to be found than children, in fact.  They can be found inside bars and low-key eateries as well.  Once I stopped at an eatery near my apartment for a quick bite when a woman and her very large, very smelly dog came in.  Smelled like a heavily mildewed, wet mop.  I just got up and left.

That's absolutely unacceptable. People truly are idiots - they feel the need to drag their dog everywhere? I'm a dog owner and there are times that it's best to leave the dog at home and go about your business.

Weber Genesis CP310; Weber Q1200 (camping); LBGE.

"If you haven't heard a rumour by 8:30 am - start one"

• FlyOverCountry
    Options
    smokingal said:

That's absolutely unacceptable. People truly are idiots - they feel the need to drag their dog everywhere? I'm a dog owner and there are times that it's best to leave the dog at home and go about your business.
    Specially if you have a lot of leftover peanut butter.
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    Our local Sam’s has a few people who train service animals that come into the store and always have a dog with them.  These dogs are clearly well trained and are very well behaved.  One of the guys teaches the dogs to smile on command and it gets a laugh every time he has the animal do it.  Funny to see a dog smile
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    the world has really changed over the years, my first dog booboo was a scabby old stray.  would go to the grocery store daily, wait til someone let her in, make her rounds to the back to get a bone from the butcher. would cross the depot intersection where the traffic cop would stop traffic to let her cross. when we moved the local paper did a nice article about her moving and how she would be missed.....
    Post the article Fish?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    the world has really changed over the years, my first dog booboo was a scabby old stray.  would go to the grocery store daily, wait til someone let her in, make her rounds to the back to get a bone from the butcher. would cross the depot intersection where the traffic cop would stop traffic to let her cross. when we moved the local paper did a nice article about her moving and how she would be missed.....
    Post the article Fish?
    wish i could, its over 40 years ago and theres not much online of even the old market.  with google all i found was the pharmacy next door. last old soda fountain ive ever seen

Image may contain 1 person indoor

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Lit said:
    Can’t claim to love dogs all over the place either, but “hate” sounds like it’s a pretty big issue for you?

Are you finding yourself repeatedly stepping in feces in the store, or is it a preponderance of crotch-sniffing?
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    Can’t claim to love dogs all over the place either, but “hate” sounds like it’s a pretty big issue for you?

Are you finding yourself repeatedly stepping in feces in the store, or is it a preponderance of crotch-sniffing?
    My 2 year old doesnt really like large dogs and then they always want to stop and pet the small dogs which I’m normally in a hurry stopping in to get stuff I need. The main point is it says right on the door no dogs allowed and these people just ignore it. I don’t want to have a stank ass dog around me rubbing on stuff I might buy and peeing in the aisles. I guess hate is a strong word but it is annoying. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Other than service dogs, I don't think I've ever seen any animal in any store anywhere. It would never occur to me to bring mine, and certainly not to a grocery or restaurant.

Good on Lowe's for hiring the vet.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut