Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

And She’s off to the races

ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532
edited May 2019 in Forum List
Norah Grace has started her prep work! Sauce is on and cooking away, meatballs (gigantic) are formed getting ready to be  seared off then cooked in the sauce.  Pasta is about to be started!!! She’s trying to make sure mom has a great day when she gets home from work.  
XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Looking good - keep us updated.
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    What drive and matching skill-set.  You are way lucky beyond words.  Enjoy with your family. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Mom is going to enjoy the heck outta this meal!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Looking great as always. And on a separate note, if I had a Quadruple Seal Of Approval, she would certainly get it for the overalls. 
    As is, I only have a DSOP which I proudly give her👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,182
    edited May 2019
    SGH said:
    Looking great as always. And on a separate note, if I had a Quadruple Seal Of Approval, she would certainly get it for the overalls. 
    As is, I only have a DSOP which I proudly give her👍

That’s an idea. Get with the times, @SGH. It’s high time for a quadruple seal. I feel like it should feature some crossed safety razors. 

On a a side note, I’ve only once been bestowed with the coveted double seal. I’m pretty sure Chef NG has me beat on this front, which is both depressing and inspiring. 🙂
  • ryantt

• ryantt

• That is one sexy pasta maker. If I owned it, I don’t think I could resist giving it a good coat or car wax, just to make it shine. Of course, it would then make pretty bad pasta. 
  • ryantt
    She’s very proud of the results 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    ryantt said:
    She’s very proud of the results 
    She should be👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Wow, just wow!  Congrats and more to Norah Grace.  Nailed it for sure!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Just wow - that food looks fantastic- and what a great way to celebrate your mother. Chef Nora Grace continues to impress. Thanks for posting. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Great job, Norah Grace!! I'm sure Mom was delighted!

BTW, I saw this in the burger thread...
    ryantt said:
    @lousubcap Norah going to make fresh pasta for her mom...she wants to try making an egg yolk ravioli, but has tradition pasta as a backup 
    I recently came across this ricotta/mozzarella ravioli that looks super easy and delicious. Now that you know how to roll out the pasta dough, I thought you might be interested. Let us know if you try it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F83kbUMcwxA

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• ryantt
    Great job, Norah Grace!! I'm sure Mom was delighted!

BTW, I saw this in the burger thread...
    ryantt said:
    @lousubcap Norah going to make fresh pasta for her mom...she wants to try making an egg yolk ravioli, but has tradition pasta as a backup 
    I recently came across this ricotta/mozzarella ravioli that looks super easy and delicious. Now that you know how to roll out the pasta dough, I thought you might be interested. Let us know if you try it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F83kbUMcwxA
    I think she’s wanting to make the egg yolk ravioli this week, I made an error and forgot to get fresh sage for her and so.....she had to go with her backup.   

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,716
    Wow!! That is a fantastic looking meal!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va