Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - THANK YOU @RRP!!!!

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,042
Huge shout out to Ron (@RRP). I have wanted to try the mythical La Bomba Antipasto spread for a long time.  I have been unable to come across it.  It is harder to find than Pappy Van Winkle.

Well the mail today contained a gift from @RRP !!!!  I am stoked, now need to get some proper crackers or bread to enjoy it with.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,345
    Options
    Howsabout a pix of the ingredients label por favor.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    What's the shelf life of this stuff?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    What's the shelf life of this stuff?
    like a Twinkie
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Little Steven once told me it would "last forever". Maybe it will if it hasn't been opened. But it definitely will not once opened and refrigerated. Don't remember how long it took, but I did have to toss a partial jar that was a little too green and fuzzy for me. I don't see a date on my black label jar.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Jamie - you are certainly welcome! Since the oil content seems to always rise to the top I always stir it well in the jar. As for crackers I like plain "Original" Club crackers since they are bland enough so the taste of LaBoma isn't altered.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    I ran the name, "La Bomba" through a language translator from Italian to English and have concluded this is a terrorist condiment.

one must wear the following apparel while dressing their captain's wafers, paying close attention to the blast panel...

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    I ran the name, "La Bomba" through a language translator from Italian to English and have concluded this is a terrorist condiment.
    With no expiration, it must be for bomb shelters, hence the name.  Perfect for doomsday preppers like Ozzie that move away from civilization to the solitude of the desert to dig holes and horde ammo and food that doesn’t expire.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Please, everyone, DO NOT tell us on the interwebs you are going to attempt to make La Bomba, lest you have rectal examinations when traveling.
    Options
    LOL, Ron the hoarder. They changed the label on Bomba about 10 years ago. =) Personally, I like the old label, it's a drawing of the owner's granddaughter, Alessia, picking strawberries. The current label...

Apparently, the Canadian importer, Aurora, now ships to the US.
    https://www.auroraimporting.com/shipping-policy/
    https://www.auroraimporting.com/products/#!/product/42514

@HeavyG, the ingredients listed on my current label are:
    "Artichokes, mushrooms, hot peppers, eggplant, soybean oil, olives, carrots, natural flavours". Almost the same (different oil) as this pic posted by Little Steven in a post from 2010.

One of the best hot dogs I ever had was this 1/4 lb Pearl frank on a toasted split top bun with pulled pork, Gulden's and Bomba. Far from healthy, but soooo good!

Thanks for the ingredients list. I was just curious how it compared to the not Alessia stuff I bought a while back. Similar ingredients but different proportions and no olives or carrots:

This stuff was ok but nothing I would rave about. I'll have to order some of "the good stuff" from the link you provided.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I was thinking about making some La Bomba.....GODDAMMIT!!!  I'm screwed!!!
    Options
    Aurora is sold out of la bomba but they have a hot muffaletta spread
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    @fishlessman what’s the expiration on that hot muffelatta spread?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    Legume said:
    @fishlessman what’s the expiration on that hot muffelatta spread?
    pretty sure they last forever on the counter, even in an open jar. all ive ever noticed is the white crap that floats to the top thats easily skimmed off
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    I forgot I had a jar stashed away. I didn't see an expiration date on the jar either. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Giardinara is some pretty fine bottled condiment stuff!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • marysvilleksegghead
    Options
    It's nice to have an egghead friend in Canada! 

Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,042
    Options

For all the naysayers .... this stuff is awesome. Thank you @RRP . Terrible pic, but great stuff.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options

No question that it’s good. That’s why Ron has saved another nine jars of it for the apocalypse.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options

This thread has made me want to go burn some Ozark Oak that I have.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options

In your non smoke medium?

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

RRP is a good fellow. Glad he still hangs out here.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.