Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lunch is better IN RETIREMENT

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Mickey
    Options

what the hell with the sideways pic???????

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options

Mobile maybe??

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options

The wine in the glass was the last wine in the bottle it came from. He opened it when the chicken went on. That is why it is sideways. He was sideways.

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

Wine and dab of butter pairing?

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Mickey
    Options

No, cheese

• Mickey
    Options

And where the hell is the quote button??????

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

It's gone apparently

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    edited March 2019
    Options

@henapple

henapple Posts: 15,992

1:12PM

It's gone apparently

WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?

Damn I have missed you buddy.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options

I thought the same thing at first @SonVolt

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options

It's good to know that you and @henapple are both still around. That's a mighty fine looking lunch you have there.

Is that sideways view the way you are seeing it as you fight off the urge to take a nap? The same way you treated your now legendary chicken wings?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    edited March 2019
    Options

@Foghorn

No naps during cooking. It was no naps or no drinks; I took no naps.

• Foghorn
    Options

That's a reasonable policy.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Options

Did someone fix my sideways picture (thanks)?

Or did it just get back to the way i posted it??

• Foghorn
    Options

Still looks sideways to me.

San Antonio, TX

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options

Less than a year for me, can't wait!! 😋

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Mickey
    Options

@Botch

I have learned one lesson in retirement.

That is you (me) need less money than you thought. I have no idea what the hell i was spending $$$$ on but after retirement i had a lot more money for some reason. That first year i thought this is going to bite me in the ass as i am doing something real wrong (have too much cash left). But now in 5th year and have found you (I) live a lot cheaper that one would guess. And I am not cutting big corners or eating cat food. We travel a lot. 75,000 the first three years and 35,000 since. You might look again and check your position. I could have retired 2 or 3 years earlier.

• Botch
    Options

Thanks, that's encouraging Mickey.

Right now I'm just waiting for the Air Force to tell me how much it'll cost to "buy back" my military time, and add it to my civil service. I'll then start a CS pension when I retire, plus the AF pension when I hit 60 next Feb; I could live on either of those so thing'll be good.

My immediate plans are to strap the tent and bag onto the back of the motorcycle, and then just.... go. That's an extremely cheep way to travel.

• Mickey
    Options

@Botch

Sounds like you have it mapped out. We looked at Class B’s and Class C’s but the Senna Van and motels works best for us to travel.

Got to admit that motorcycle sounds a lot more romantic for retirement.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Options

I'd sometimes prefer to sleep in a motel, and often I'll camp the first night, shower and motel the second, camp the third, etc. What's going to kill my MC travel is the arthritis in my wrists, it keeps getting worse. :(

• Mickey
    Options

@Botch

Get a PU and travel distance in it. Use bike to tour around the area. Your wrist problem is the cost of getting older.

Hell, Villege Idot would tow his hog on a trailer all the time then ride it.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

Chicken looks like a pretty solid effort, but based on your past cooks, I think it could've used another 10-12 hours on the egg.

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • FlyOverCountry
    FlyOverCountry Posts: 665
    edited March 2019
    Options
  • otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options

66 more days. Lots of Friday’s off so they can’t force me in on Saturday. A week off end of April to Fish camp and trout fish on the Pere Marquette river in Michigan. Yee Haasaaa..

Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

@Mickey

The grub looks fantastic👍

And for the record, if I had your money I would retire too.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options

I’m jealous 😐

Jacksonville FL
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options

i planned my career so I could retire at 62. It’s been 3 months so far, and I love it. Stress dropped a lot, as did my blood pressure. Doc took me off the Lisinopril, and BP is normal. Wife still works 30 hrs a week, and loves her job. I usually cook dinner now, so she can come home to a glass of wine and something healthy off the grill or smoker.

I could have toughed it out 3 more years, but just had 3 friends pass away only 6 months after they retired. That’s a bummer.

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.