Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first crawfish boil of 2019

nolaegghead
nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
Will be Saturday around 4-ish PM.  Anyone who can get to my crib in New Orleans is welcome to drop by, PM me for an address.

Got some family coming in town and some friends asking for one, so I shall oblige.

Crawfish prices are still a bit steep at around $3.10 a pound, but remember there was a huge demand through Mardi Gras and now it's Lent (more demand for seafood) and I've seen worse this time of the year.  So it's on.  Many more boils especially after Easter when the price really comes down....and before the shells get too thick for pinchin' and head-suckin'.

On the up side, my buddy talked to his buddy who is a wholesaler, and the quality is excellent!

Also it's always some motivation to clean up the back yard and shop. 

Anyway, check back with this thread for updates and the boil as well as the aftermath (LEO).

Nola in holding pattern.....

Comments

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    Thank you for the invitation. I'm going to make it some time just not this time. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Sounds like a great time and I would love to go, but can’t.
    I hope you have an appropriate apparatus to stir the pot when needed......
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    Have you got Hendrik lined up to supply the music ?
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Very cool. We expect epic photos to follow.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    You supplying the Pizza Peels for stirring the Crawfish? Wished we were there 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    that sounds awesome.  i havent been to a good boil since i was down there for the summer of 2008 but hoping to make it back down there this year.  the colts are playing your saints and my wife is a big saints fan so we are going to try and make the game if we can make the logistics work.  very nice of you to offer it up like this, that is exactly how i remember the area.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    It's gonna be quite a festive time.  Those who can make it will be justly rewarded, for sure.  Enjoy.
    Sure wish I could make it but I have to wait til the local LSU grad throws his crawfish boil in June to get my fix.  Overnights around 125 lbs of crawfish and away we go.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    2 years ago we were at the Parasol Block Party in NO trying to locate @nolaegghead ...couldnt find Carey but got liquored up just the same 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Photo Egg
    lkapigian said:
    2 years ago we were at the Parasol Block Party in NO trying to locate @nolaegghead ...couldnt find Carey but got liquored up just the same 
    That's funny!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    No doubt this will be another epic event hosted at @nolaegghead place!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    I might be able to make this!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • nolaegghead
    Have you got Hendrik lined up to supply the music ?
    He will be there.  I need to remind him to invite all his musician friends and maybe we can spontaneously get some live music.
    I hope you have the lawyers on standby. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    CTMike said:
    I hope you have the lawyers on standby. 
    Yep.  At least one of them will be there.  The other one will be in the house next door.
    Since I can’t make it down, on that day I will sit in MY backyard.. and then put a popcorn shrimp from Cap’t D’s under the back seat of the truck. 

Thanks for the kind invitation, brother!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Photo Egg
    Google Map says a little over 6 hours from Galveston. Hmmmm
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    For those who want a visual. My wife gets credit for the picture.....but a great picture it is. I want make it....but do intend to be at Brisket Camp this year.

Looks fantastic!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited March 2019
    Photo Egg said:
    For those who want a visual. My wife gets credit for the picture.....but a great picture it is. I want make it....but do intend to be at Brisket Camp this year.

Looks fantastic!
    One does have to ask....why does Dylan have such a smile on his face?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg said:

Looks fantastic!
    Oh, your wife was taking this picture...he was eyeing your wife.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Photo Egg said:

Looks fantastic!
    Because he was about to do some serious head suckin’
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317

Yum yum!  Pictures from a couple weekends ago while I was visiting my brother in Louisiana.

I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    Oh man. Oh man oh man oh man oh MAN!!!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    NOLA's crawfish boils requires a whole new word that is beyond "epic" to even begin to try and describe his cooks, hospitality, and skill.

Dude's got it going on.

Oh yeah, one year, we did not have a pizza peel, so we ended up having to use my cane.

It worked.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    caliking said:

Raichlen's gonna steal that pic for sure... eventually.

For those who have not partaken of @nolaegghead 's hospitality - you would be hard pressed to find a better host. It only helps that he sort of knows how to cook stuff :smiley:
    Too bad he doesn’t know how to set up a pop-up tent. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Would love to come and gift you a bottle of bourbon for your hospitality, but sadly, can't make it.  Another time.  Thanks for the invite, and looking forward to seeing pics of the shenanigans.  
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • nolaegghead
    Got a guy I hire for odd jobs doing the cleanup in preparation of the boil.  Picking the crawfish up at 10AM tomorrow.  Need to hit Restaurant Despot and probably Costco.

Party starts at 4 and should go on, if it's like the others, until my grumpy neighbor Ken calls me about the racket.

dang.  i'd go out of my way to crash that party.  good times and good eats for sure!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle