Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kick Ash Can

anyone have any comments about the Kick Ash Can?
The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Just ordered a case for the store....can't wait!
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    I've been waiting for someone to invent it.  I used to make them out of foil.  Kinda like the big aluminum pans BGE finally produced that fits the platesetter perfectly.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,023
    I would be all over that if they had it for an XL or a Medium
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • I would be all over that if they had it for an XL or a Medium
    Same here. Hopefully they will venture out to different sizes. 
    Madison, AL
  • Got one ordered. We'll see.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Don’t forget the small!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    i have 2 that showed up but the wife stowed them away as fathers day gifts, so i dont have any input on how they work yet maybe i will get them prior we will see how negotiations go, i had to pick between giving up that and my new wedges and considering its already golf weather here i opted for the new wedges.  

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• g37
    g37 Posts: 450
    I’m a sucker for anything Big Green Egg/Kamado/bbq related. I just ordered one.  
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
  • What is a kick Ash can?
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    I reached out to Kick Ash Basket the other day and got a reply earlier today... I asked if they'll be making a kick ash can for the medium BGE and it sounds like one is in the works and we could see it early this summer... It would be nice to have it available for my current BGE.
    Need to install my kick ash basket into my BGE. Probably Saturday so that I can use it for the coming cook/smoke. Got the grate and stone lifters on Tuesday too. So I have a good amount of kick ash hardware now. ;)
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Actrak said:
    What is a kick Ash can?
    No one knows =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• $30 for a dog bowl with one side cut out? I'm thinking my angle grinder would do the trick for about $5 and maybe 2 minutes of my time. I like the idea of the basket but this is yet another solution to a nonexistent problem.
  • KGilma2018
    KGilma2018 Posts: 120
    Mine will be here tomorrow.  
    Franklin, TN
  • RajunCajun
    Electric windows, a solution for a non-existent problem?
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    $30 for a dog bowl with one side cut out? I'm thinking my angle grinder would do the trick for about $5 and maybe 2 minutes of my time. I like the idea of the basket but this is yet another solution to a nonexistent problem.
    If you can find the right size, and shape, dog bowl to do the same thing, go for it. I've not measured the opening size (and shape) plus how deep it would need to be in order to make one of my own.
    I'm not so cash strapped (currently) that I can't afford to get something that would/could make my BGE experience better. Just like the kick ash basket that I got this week, plus other items that I don't NEED, but will make things easier on me. Or just improve the overall experience.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    1911Man said:
    $30 for a dog bowl with one side cut out? I'm thinking my angle grinder would do the trick for about $5 and maybe 2 minutes of my time. I like the idea of the basket but this is yet another solution to a nonexistent problem.
    If you can find the right size, and shape, dog bowl to do the same thing, go for it. I've not measured the opening size (and shape) plus how deep it would need to be in order to make one of my own.
    I'm not so cash strapped (currently) that I can't afford to get something that would/could make my BGE experience better. Just like the kick ash basket that I got this week, plus other items that I don't NEED, but will make things easier on me. Or just improve the overall experience.
    Agreed. Also, I’m sure that the stainless isn’t dog bowl grade either. 

• EGGHEAD83
    EGGHEAD83 Posts: 61
    Just when I think I’ve bought everything green egg related that I could ever want and my list is clear they come out with something else that I’ve got to have. Good thing I’ve got a birthday soon. 🥳
    Large BGE, small BGE, 2-22” Weber kettles, 26” Weber kettle, Weber jumbo joe, 14” WSM, 17” BS and 36” BS. Hope Mills, NC. USA. 
  • builderdawg
    builderdawg Posts: 105
    Mine came in early this week. Trying it out tonight. 
  • Just ordered a case for the store....can't wait!
    Hold one for me 🙋‍♂️
    Edwardsville, IL (Near St. Louis, MO)
    Large Big Green Egg & Weber Genesis II 
  • stlcharcoal
    Hold one for me 🙋‍♂️
    Just got them in yesterday.  They're nice!  Come on over, or I can leave one at the "IL warehouse" tomorrow for you.

• stlcharcoal
    These are much heavier and deeper than any dog bowl I've ever seen......but if you want to drive all over town looking for one for $5, then go for it.  No one said this was a MUST HAVE item, nor a "solution to a problem".  It's a convenience item.

Why did you spend $1000+ on a BGE when you could have just fabricated a hinge for two ceramic flower pots?  Or a 55 gallon drum, a used shopping cart, and your angle grinder could have made a smoker too.  Convenience, fit, and finish for the win.
  • SGH
    Someone post a pic of the can. I have googled it and basket comes up. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    ColtsFan said:
    I'm getting ready for a great shave  
    I hope that this is true. 

Status- Standing by.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    SGH said:
    Someone post a pic of the can. I have googled it and basket comes up. 

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    If this new toy keeps my base from cracking, it’s definitely worth the $$$.  
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Don’t imagine it will.  Ceramics tend to crack over time.  A thin layer of SS won’t likely change that.
    i love my KAB’s but fail to see the utility with this add on.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,334
    bgebrent said:
    Don’t imagine it will.  Ceramics tend to crack over time.  A thin layer of SS won’t likely change that.
    Same here....but of course I just ordered one. Figured I could give it a try for $30. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,023
    bgebrent said:
    Pull the fire ring out, pull the can out and dump it in the trash.

No vacuum or anything else needed.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • RajunCajun
    It's like why use toilet paper when you have a corn cob??  TP just makes the experience more enjoyable!!  Haha