Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    House was shifting and settling all night. Temps were the same this morning. Ugly. 

That is brutal.  Stay warm.

Phoenix 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    blasting said:
    House was shifting and settling all night. Temps were the same this morning. Ugly. 

We need to send blankets.....hell I ain't use-in mine.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options

just think....you're "almost" half way thru the winter.  thats cold, only been in that once
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options
    Working  ;)

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Thinking lunch from this food truck probably isn't the best idea........

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Selling all my homebrew beer equipment. Anyone looking to get into the hobby? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Lit said:
    @bgebrent it’s Ambrosia Maple. 
    Absolutely beautiful pattern.  I love how there are some fishtail shapes.  Nice piece man.
    Rorschach pattern!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    blasting said:

Wasn't supposed to be that cold, I could tell something was going on though after I went to bed and the house started making some god awful banging noises. -30 is not uncommon, -40 is something the house isn't always used to, woke me up enough through the night. It makes one hell of a bang. Scared the hell out of one of my daughters till I told her what was going on.

After tonight we will be back into some mid -20's. A lot more manageable.

few more months @fishlessman

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Planning our soon-to-be walk-in refrigerator. 

Dammit, now I need to play keep-up with the Joneses...
      What happened?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Planning our soon-to-be walk-in refrigerator. 

Shaking my head. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited February 2019
    Options
    The roads are an ice rink topped with a bunch of snow. Traffic is stop and go.  I found this sign humorous when stopped. 

(BRRR was put on the board when temps were pushing -30F)

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    blasting said:

Wasn't supposed to be that cold, I could tell something was going on though after I went to bed and the house started making some god awful banging noises. -30 is not uncommon, -40 is something the house isn't always used to, woke me up enough through the night. It makes one hell of a bang. Scared the hell out of one of my daughters till I told her what was going on.

After tonight we will be back into some mid -20's. A lot more manageable.

few more months @fishlessman

Wow I never experienced that, I do remember the aspen trees popping and cracking while waiting on the school bus @-30 or colder. The worst I saw was -55f and school was open but they didn’t hold it against you if you couldn’t make it in. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• milesvdustin
    Options
      What happened?
    Two moves within a year, two career changes on top of those moves, and a young child added to the mix removes all my time to brew anymore. 

It's an electric setup with a bunch of other crap. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Angering the wife.  She bought a treat for herself.  Then had to leave for a bit.  I transferred most of her treat to a Tupperware and hid it so she thinks I ate it.  She may kill me before I get to tell her it was a joke.
    Quick, set up video please!  :triumph:

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @kl8ton how’s the trip going?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Botch said:
    Angering the wife.  She bought a treat for herself.  Then had to leave for a bit.  I transferred most of her treat to a Tupperware and hid it so she thinks I ate it.  She may kill me before I get to tell her it was a joke.
    Quick, set up video please!  :triumph:
    I made it, barely.  I wish I had recorded it.  I learned a lot of new words.  Now I am outside pretending to work while she cools off.  It was worth it :)
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Botch
    Options
    :lol:  Its a long trip, but I have a couch to sleep on, if you need it.  :)

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I think I could have slept inside, but I corrected how she said "Jabba the Hutt". Apparently when a person is raging you should let it run its course instead of correcting them.  She forgot "The" and I felt it was important enough to let her know.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    I think I could have slept inside, but I corrected how she said "Jabba the Hutt". Apparently when a person is raging you should let it run its course instead of correcting them.  She forgot "The" and I felt it was important enough to let her know.

May as well just ask her if she's gained a little weight too.

Phoenix 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    @Jeremiah

Going well! Thanks for asking. 

Friday we plan to head further south into FL. We're on the north side of lake okeechobee right now and we are headed into the Everglades. Every day I've been building shelves, modifying benches,  cleaning, organizing,  etc. I've been to Home Depot many times and I'm sure my neighbors are about sick of the saw and impact gun running all the time.  I think there will always be a list of stuff the RV needs or improvements to be done.  I've started researching solar to prepare for boondocking. 

I am working on getting some sort of blog or you tube channel set up that people can subscribe to if they care.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Options
    So, from this much info I'm guessing the "treat" she bought for herself was "Pizza Hutt"?  :D

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    "That there's an arrrrr vee" 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    We called them pukers in AK =)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.