Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    After a quick shower between college basketball games, I looked out the back and saw this in our backyard creek.  I've never seen this before so I called my buddy that works for the water dept.   He dispatched his supervisor.  Long story longer, we have about 9 emergency response vehicles on scene .  I'm still not sure what the problem is, but it ain't normal.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Swmbo just put him out in freezing rain and 10 mph wind. Mans best friend 
    I almost pizzed myself. I have done that so many times. It never gets less funny.
     Totally my fault, should have sent a scout. She will probably take him to the vet  next =)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Yes i should have taken pics of the wings i cooked tonight but i didnt. Here is a pic of my 3 eggs after i took the wings off, notice i used the minimax

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    After a quick shower between college basketball games, I looked out the back and saw this in our backyard creek.  I've never seen this before so I called my buddy that works for the water dept.   He dispatched his supervisor.  Long story longer, we have about 9 emergency response vehicles on scene .  I'm still not sure what the problem is, but it ain't normal.

Is that suds or did something turn the water white? 
  • bucky925
    Options
    It's not suds, milky for sure.  We are still waiting on the official word on what was released in the water system. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @bucky925 shower between B'ball games??  We are a long way from the tournament and UNC closed strong today.
    BTW- I hope they find the source and can get it under control. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    It's not suds, milky for sure.  We are still waiting on the official word on what was released in the water system. 
    Geez. Hope it’s non toxic. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Let us know what they determine to be the cause. Did they work their way upstream to find a source?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bucky925
    Options
    They did work their way upstream.   It seems it came from the high school's sealing of the roof.  I don't buy that but it's what we were told. 

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Uploading pictures from my external hard drive to the Amazon cloud.  Have all my music and pictures stored on an external, but wanted to back up my back up.  Why not, it's free at Amazon.
    While it's loading, keep going out to the sunroom and watching the snowmageddon snow storm.  I love our sunroom.  Such a great place to spend a snowy day/night and watch a thunderstorm in the summer.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• lousubcap
    Options
    Enjoying LEO and listening to many great oldies tunes.  No plans for escape velocity this PM however the rocket fuel is fairly free-flowing so...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    When venison tastes bad it's because the meat was treated poorly. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• photolew
    Options
    3am watching it snow, researching a good skirt steak recipe for later today
  • HeavyG
    Options
    A pleasant 63°F right now but the cold front that is going to plummet our temp by 40°F in the next 18-ish hours is about to cross over the Appalachians.

I don't want to turn from golden yellow to baby blue.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    That crap came through here yesterday @HeavyG. We got around 6-8" of snow in most spots. Sucks. Its 15F out there right now 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• HeavyG
    Options
    That crap came through here yesterday @HeavyG. We got around 6-8" of snow in most spots. Sucks. Its 15F out there right now 
    I actually wouldn't mind if we got a few inches of snow out of this. Only reason I occasionally enjoy cold weather is for the snow. If it ain't going to snow prefer it just stay in the 60's!

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Some quick picts of the new outdoor kitchen. Eggs are funtional. New stainless table is the heat . Less than 200.00 in the build. Not ready for the reveal yet so just the spy picts. 10lb. Rib roast and bacon wrapped chicken filets. Two Webers going to make heat under the pop up. , all the kids coming in tonight.. Doesn't  get any better than that.
    @frazzdaddy. Looks like a great time.  And do know when you build a fire in the fire pit, you do not have to burn a whole tree?  Good lord! 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    It’s 12 degrees and the medium is fired up for grub. Driveway shoveled and birds fed
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Some quick picts of the new outdoor kitchen. Eggs are funtional. New stainless table is the heat . Less than 200.00 in the build. Not ready for the reveal yet so just the spy picts. 10lb. Rib roast and bacon wrapped chicken filets. Two Webers going to make heat under the pop up. , all the kids coming in tonight.. Doesn't  get any better than that.
    @frazzdaddy. Looks like a great time.  And do know when you build a fire in the fire pit, you do not have to burn a whole tree?  Good lord! 
    lol, I know right! I load that fire pit with the JD loader. It's mostly scrap we don't use from the saw mill. It's a big pit, burns all night on one dump which is good cause everyone was up till 3am catching up. Been doing that at the 3 farms since they were littles. Good times when the kids are back home. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Ribs and ABT's tonight. I will try to post plated picts. I think I found this LEO thing you guys speak of. Rib roast was on point though. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Someone told me there is a Saints game today.  

Geaux Saints!   

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Let's get a dog, they said. You won't have to clean up after it, they said. 

The lie detector has determined that was a lie. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Watching an old Dead & Co Show with volume. No word from the neighbors, so I’ll turn it up some more.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Ribs and ABT's tonight. I will try to post plated picts. I think I found this LEO thing you guys speak of. Rib roast was on point though. 
    @frazzdaddy LEO is a sweet ride for me.  Now, if you want to get serious, hit up a rocket fuel station (in your own orbit) and then go for escape velocity.  Depending on your state of mind and fuel load that can be quite a journey.  Just have a pre-filed flight plan so you have a general idea of the landing zone.  ;) 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Spent a couple hours at the Utah International Auto Expo.  Some thoughts:
    - It seems like everything looks the same on the interiors anymore; for that reason I miss my Saabs... :bawling:
    - Speaking of Saabs, when Ken Garff dropped the brand (no more sales, and didn't want to mess with repairs anymore) they had one new one left, a convertible in that hideous, fluorescent green they offered their last year.  It was on the test-drive lot, they still haven't sold that thing!!  Wish I knew what year it was.
    - The higher-end Audis, and their new SUVs, now feature two large touch-screens in the center dash, plus their "virtual cockpit" in place of the gauge cluster; glad I got the last analog gauge/non-touchscreen model that I did... (I don't like touchscreens, fingerprint-OCD...)
    - Busted out laughing when I saw the top-of-the-line Range Rover; not only did it have a pop-up tent on the top of the vehicle, but the front bumper featured two swiveling/telescoping arms, to hold a hammock; WANT!!  
    - The Salt Lake City MOPAR club had about 50 vehicles on one end, nice!  Some beautiful Mustangs (including an original-red '65, immaculate!) and a GT-500.  
    - A Datsun 280Z, also immaculate, w/no rust (this is rarer than you know)
    - The newest Miata/MX-5 is the second-most beautiful convertible in the world; it supposedly now accomodates tall dorks much better but I couldn't get close to it, kids all over it.
    - The Jaguar F-Sport is still the most beautiful convertible in the world [/drool]
    - The Dodge RAMs now have neat, openable/lockable boxes built into the bed sides (my 10-year-old Tacoma hasn't hit 60K miles yet, I don't anticipate needing another truck in this lifetime)
    - Realized I could've bought a new Mustang, and a new Fiat 124 Spyder convertible, for less that the Audi Cabrio I just got; made the right decision.
    - The biggest smile I had all morning was walking out to the parking lot, and getting into my Audi.  I'm happy!  

(sorry @GrateEggspectations, I didn't pay too much attention to any of the back seats!)  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options

Your mistake was not applying the lie detector before getting the dog. Surely you could have borrowed one from work?
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Eoin said:

Your mistake was not applying the lie detector before getting the dog. Surely you could have borrowed one from work?
    Very true. Although, the ones we have are sort of fancy that track eye movement and stuff. I'm not that smart. 
    Las Vegas, NV