Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What food should I get?

Options
I'm thinking about eating and I was noticing there is round, square and oval shaped food.  Which food do you like and why?  I was thinking about crab legs.

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,333
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Go with this. It’s the bees knees...

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Seafood whatever freaking shape it is unless you go get a surf and turf poboy from Parkway

i want one of those so freaking bad.  .  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Jello conforms to the shape of whatever vessel you put it in. 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Bologna and cheese sammich. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Lamb neck. Leftovers are perfect for pho. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Slippy
    Slippy Posts: 214
    Options
    Cherry or Apple
    Rockwall, TX  •  LBGE, Big Hat Ranger offset smoker, Really old 22" Weber Kettle, Pile of Pecan and Post Oak... 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Get some TV dinners, those cute little trays they come in have all the shapes you want, circles, squares, rectangles and various polygons. Win, win all around. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Get some TV dinners, those cute little trays they come in have all the shapes you want, circles, squares, rectangles and various polygons. Win, win all around. 
    Is it food?  Or "food"?
    Options
    Balut!  

"In the twinkling of an eye, I found myself without an office, without a seat, without a party, and without an appendix."  - Winston Churchill

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,497
    Options
    Topped with Hershey's Chocolate Syrup, and of course heated with:

Kroger lump!!  

"In the twinkling of an eye, I found myself without an office, without a seat, without a party, and without an appendix."  - Winston Churchill

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,359
    Options
    It’s the winter....you go with sloppy Joe’s.

Reducing

Mmmm...I haven't had "sh!t on a shingle" in a very long time. I'm going to have to make some of that this coming week.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Round...making one of these tonight.

Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Botch
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Mmmm...I haven't had "sh!t on a shingle" in a very long time. I'm going to have to make some of that this coming week.
    Damn civilians.  That's not "sh*t on a shingle".  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:
    Damn civilians.  That's not "sh*t on a shingle".  
    Yeah, "technically" you're probably right. I never cared as much for the creamy version and liked it more when my mom would make the tomatoey "sloppy joe" variety. My dad (USN 30+ years) would still call it "sh!t on a shingle" tho - probably more due to the fact that me and my siblings would chuckle every time he said it.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,851
    Options
    Based on previously-described anecdotes from Brisket Camp, it sounds like you should avoid spherical or orb shaped foods.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Fast

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • ewyllins
    ewyllins Posts: 461
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Bahama Momma Sausage from 7-11
    O-Town, FL

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    Whatever you choose, I'd test it with that Geiger counter just to be safe... 
    New Orleans LA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Soylent green. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Options

What's really creepy about that pic is that she isn't staring at the sammich, she's staring at the table knife in Mommy's hand...   :s