Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday Funday Thread

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    4) those who are disappointed JIC didn't get banned.
    You’re not funny, Jim!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I’m out this weekend too.  I’ll try and rebound Monday.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Baked Ziti about to come out of the oven. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,037
    Options
    Tapatio Doritos.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Might try Cat's Ribs. Have all the ingredients... except, you know, the actual ribs.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Might try Cat's Ribs. Have all the ingredients... except, you know, the actual ribs.
    I’d love to see that.  Should be the easiest ingredient to get, no?
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Gonna do a batch of Ron’s “Red Wings” using Thighs. Wings are good, but thigh is better at 1/3 the price. Might throw in some drummies as well
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Slippy said:
    Doing a dry run on my new offset. A BigHat Ranger. Doing some brisket and ribs starting at 5am, so trying get a handle on temp control on this thing
    Please keep us posted!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I’d love to see that.  Should be the easiest ingredient to get, no?
    Of course. But it IS the one thing I have yet to buy.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    This joker is planning his sneak attack.
    Las Vegas, NV

• BigreenGreg
    Options
    Going to cook two racks of baby backs the Car Wash Mike way.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    “The Bomb” was the bomb.  Pizza dough wrapped burger with horseradish ale sauce. Can’t go wrong there. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    God Bless the FBI.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Tapatio Doritos.
    Careful!  I like Tapatio sauce, good taste and moderate heat.  But, I've had a Tapatio-flavored Dorito product, name escapes me but they were like doritos rolled up into tubes (hard on the teeth) and the heat about took my head off!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,037
    Options
    Botch said:
    Tapatio Doritos.
    Careful!  I like Tapatio sauce, good taste and moderate heat.  But, I've had a Tapatio-flavored Dorito product, name escapes me but they were like doritos rolled up into tubes (hard on the teeth) and the heat about took my head off!  
     Takis!! They are an acquired taste, but I like them now.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Isn't this the swim call weekend for you noble ground pounders?? Whenever it is, many thanks for your exceptional work with the Seal foundation.  Best of luck as you've got this.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Will be holed up in the house trying to survive the oncoming white death.  Will be making some brisket chili and drinking as much beer as I can. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Slippy said:
    SSQUAL612 said:
    I see @Slippy and @TEXASBGE2018 are neighbors.  
    I know, and he hasn't even offered to come over and help trim up briskets. 
    I’ll be a Tyler resident before too long so have knife will travel.  
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Botch said:
    Tapatio Doritos.
     Takis!! They are an acquired taste, but I like them now.

That has to be a Southwest thing. Love Doritos and enjoy tapatio but never even heard of those. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Brisket Goes on Tomorrow.  Might be the last time I run the Large before I shove off to see the country.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    It looks like it will be turkey thighs marinated in Nando’s Medium sauce sometime tomorrow.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    thetrim said:
    Isn't this the swim call weekend for you noble ground pounders?? Whenever it is, many thanks for your exceptional work with the Seal foundation.  Best of luck as you've got this.
    Yes sir, @lousubcap.  We're doing a group warm up or practice or group swim noon Saturday followed by Happy hour sponsored by a local brewery and a few restaurants Saturday afternoon.  I'm staying the night at the event hotel Sat night. 

That puts me away from the Casa Sat 1030 until things wrap up Sunday prob 1400.  I learned the horn sounds for my wave at 0850.  Any moments of silence on my behalf from then until about 1050 are welcomed!

Thanks for the confidence.  I'm sure it will all go well.  It may take awhile, but I don't plan on getting plucked out of the water.

We shall see.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Good luck @thetrim!  Have a strong swim.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Butt on this morning 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Slippy
    Slippy Posts: 214
    Options
    Slippy said:
    Doing a dry run on my new offset. A BigHat Ranger. Doing some brisket and ribs starting at 5am, so trying get a handle on temp control on this thing
    Please keep us posted!
    The cook went great. [in Doug Marcaida voice] "It will cook".... I even documented the whole thing with my fancy camera... downloaded the pics and they were all black... The exposure compensation dial had been turn to -3... A couple of outside shots came out with some manipulation, but no finished products. Bummed. Now to clean it up....
    Rockwall, TX  •  LBGE, Big Hat Ranger offset smoker, Really old 22" Weber Kettle, Pile of Pecan and Post Oak... 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Slippy said:
    Slippy said:
    Please keep us posted!
    The cook went great. [in Doug Marcaida voice] "It will cook".... I even documented the whole thing with my fancy camera... downloaded the pics and they were all black... The exposure compensation dial had been turn to -3... A couple of outside shots came out with some manipulation, but no finished products. Bummed. Now to clean it up....
    meter on the ground of one of the pieces of meat.

looks good
    Options
    Slippy said:
    Slippy said:
    Please keep us posted!
    meter on the ground of one of the pieces of meat.

looks good
    I had two grate probes to check the difference between left & right sides (my first cook on this pit). At this point the second one is just dangling, since I didn’t need it any longer. In the market for a new thermometer/alert system. 
    Rockwall, TX  •  LBGE, Big Hat Ranger offset smoker, Really old 22" Weber Kettle, Pile of Pecan and Post Oak...