Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT OT OT - Buffalo Pelts

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I will try to be wrong more often.  ;)

@ALLTEXASCAPS is brilliant!
    So if instead of all caps if I woulda been ntxegghead it would have been all good then right?
    Not so much all good as better than the ALL CAPS version.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options

So if instead of all caps if I woulda been ntxegghead it would have been all good then right?
    Or maybe RyanInTejas would have been better?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Or maybe TexasDbag would have been better?
    Probably!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited January 2019
    Options

Probably!
    Good one. But I prefer Dcanoe

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Probably!
    Good one. But I prefer Dcanoe
    Me too!  But with that I think you want to go back to all caps.  TEXASDCANOE would’ve been a pretty epic forum name.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,650
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I assume the address to the nation will not be discussed on the forum tonight? I was  Kinda looking forward to some banter...
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options

Godspeed in your quest good sir!
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    I assume the address to the national will not be discussed on the forum tonight? I was  Kinda looking forward to some banter...
    You start.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I dunno all I can say and hopefully it is not offensive but I don’t think our air traffic controllers and tsa should go in if their not being paid. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• littlerascal56
    Options
    Just 1 more hour till the address starts.  Plenty of time for a few bourbons to get in the mood!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I dunno all I can say and hopefully it is not offensive but I don’t think our air traffic controllers and tsa should go in if their not being paid. 
    *they're*
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Just can’t let it go can you? 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Just can’t let it go, can you? 
    FTFY
    Grammar nerds, unite!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    I never understand the threads on here anymore...
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I never understand the threads on here anymore...
    You are not drunk enough...  ;)
    Options
    You should try it on mushrooms. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited January 2019
    Options
    You should try it on mushrooms. 
    The good folks of Denver are taking steps to decriminalize them.

Free your mind, man.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    May be a few more joining this group later today.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    May be a few more joining this group later today.
    Nah.  I think I understand how the Tatonkin algorithm is working actually.  Probably not the smartest thing to admit in public, but I like to live on the edge.
  • thetrim
    Options

At the core of the Lakota culture is the buffalo or Tatanka. For thousands of years, the lives of the Buffalo Nation and the Lakota people were spiritually and physically interconnected - as herds roamed free across the North American plains, this nomadic tribe followed.

As long as the North American buffalo roamed free and bountiful, the Plains Indians were able to remain sovereign. Buffalo were their lifeline—the Indians had a symbiotic relationship with them, and always honored the mighty beasts for the many blessings they provided. - From the article Genocide by Other Means on Indian Country Today

Where the buffalo roam
    As the buffalo roamed the Plains, so did the Lakota. The entire existence of the people centered around the buffalo's epic migration across the vast plains of North America - from Canada to Mexico; the Pacific Northwest to the Appalachian Mountains.

Following and being close to the buffalo was important; permanence was not. Everything they owned could easily be carried by a person, dog, or horse - the portable homes (tipis), the leather or rawhide containers for mobile storage, the cradles specifically made for easy transport, and the ingenious travois gave them the ability to move the entire camp in one trip.

The location of their camp and the length of time at each site (from months to a few days) was almost solely determined by the location of the buffalo herd.

Adopting the ways of the buffalo
    Pre late 19th century, the great Buffalo Nation numbered in the millions; tribal members were countless. As the bison's deep understanding of survival is determined by numbers, the Plains Indians knew this to be true as well, and thrived in great numbers.

The buffalo is brave - they were practically invincible and afraid of nothing - and the fearless native warriors reflected these courageous traits in battle. The buffalo were also good family members…and so were the people.

Givers of Life
    To the Lakota, these magnificent animals sustained all life. The Lakota regarded the buffalo as a gift of the Great Spirit and viewed them as a relative. Whenever one was killed, its sacrifice was honored as a blessing from the Tatanka Oyate.

The buffalo meant everything…they provided us our shelter, our food, our weapons, our toys. The lives of the people once revolved around the way of the buffalo. The buffalo was a connection to the Creator. The buffalo provided for the people spiritually, culturally, and socially. The buffalo gave the people life. The buffalo is life.
    - Excerpts from Bison, Givers of Life on Indian Country Today

Our belief today still is, as it once was: As long as there are buffalo, there will remain the Oyate.

XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,362
    Options
  • veewt
    veewt Posts: 50
    Options
    i miss the tweev character =)
    Nice of you to say but I've moved on to other things.  BGE forum trolling was about 3 life times ago.
  • thetrim
    Options
    I think it's been awhile since someone departed, but I thought I'd give this a bump in case I missed something.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I think that @GrillSgt can be added the buffaloed list if memory serves correctly. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited March 2019
    Options
    And the more that I think about it, I haven’t seen @TheAvengingAnus around in a while either. Not sure if he was buffaloed or not. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.