Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Prime Rib

Options
Wish me luck. First Prime Rib just went on for NYE dinner with the family. Garlic herb butter rub, on at 250 degrees, pecan chips. Will update along the way. I hope I remember pictures before we eat.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    Nail the finish temp and you are golden.  Enjoy the banquet. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    Prime rib on NYE in Lanikai?  Does it get any better?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• LanikaiEgger
    Options
    I might need to change my handle as it makes me long for Lanikai where this all started. I'm in the SF Bay Area now. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    I might need to change my handle as it makes me long for Lanikai where this all started. I'm in the SF Bay Area now. 
    I recall that bit of insight several months ago.  He11, keep it and enjoy the memories and the challenge to get back. 
    Better to be lucky than good any day.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Banquet ahead!  Enjoy.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    How is your prime rib looking? Any updates??

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Bet it was great happy new year!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • LanikaiEgger
    Options
    Sorry for the delay. The results are in and it was a success with the family. Took it off at 115, got the temp up past 500 and put it back on for about 8 min while we finished off some of the sides. Final internal temp right in the middle was 125.

Also did those veggies while I was getting the temp up to 500.