Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fed up with the Fed?

Options
124»

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,368
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Mmmm...TV dinner.  I've had a few of those and just looking at it I can almost taste it.  Must be an old one, is that 68 cents or 89 cents?  Either way, a steal right there!
    Had to dig deep in the "duck and cover" backyard bomb shelter to dig that one out of the freezer. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I can't count the number of times (because it's so common) someone posted links to articles that ended up being antithetical to what they think they were about (as they just read the headline and maybe first paragraph).
    Options
    the title of the article has trump bashing the feds,  i can see how thats nonpolitical in todays age ;)

Fed piles up $66 billion in paper losses as it faces Trump's wrath

It is an article that requires one to read more than just the headline, I know that can be tough.
    i did read the whole article and it does start with a political slant on why the donald should not go after the feds policy and make them look bad and how and why that can be dangerous. now did you read it. its not trumps fault the feds lost 66 billion in paper losses because of trumps wrath as the title semi suggests.  it looks like someone from huffington titled this article
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    a better title would be....the feds should have listened to trump =)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,057
    edited December 2018
    Options
    the title of the article has trump bashing the feds,  i can see how thats nonpolitical in todays age ;)

It is an article that requires one to read more than just the headline, I know that can be tough.
    i did read the whole article and it does start with a political slant on why the donald should not go after the feds policy and make them look bad and how and why that can be dangerous. now did you read it. its not trumps fault the feds lost 66 billion in paper losses because of trumps wrath as the title semi suggests.  it looks like someone from huffington titled this article
    Allow me to rephrase: the article does require one to possess critical thinking skills, and not everyone does.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    Options
    To me it's kind of weird anyone is losing their mind over this thread as political.  I just re-read the article.  It's about a non-political branch of the government, and it's rather interesting. 

I've always been one to say pick your battles carefully.  Gotta say, in this case,  this is pretty laughable as being in any way controversial.   So it's pretty obvious the messenger is getting the attack, not the message. 

Also, all parties here are guilty of the boilerplate "don't open the thread if you don't think you'll like it (paraphrasing here)" comments on *other* threads, probably that swing the other way, so to speak.

Carry on though.  I'll be on the sidelines mackin down on popcorn.
    It would have turned that way though.  It had all the makings of it.  I guarantee it.  It's what sarge wants to do.  

No one is losing their minds Carey, so you don't have to worry about me.  

Let another BS thread post, I'll do the same.  I don't care who posts it.  
    Somehow I'm reminded of the neighborhood kid that, when he didn't get his way, would take his ball and go home.
    Or perhaps it's more like the kid that when he sees another group on the other side of the playground having fun but they didn't invite him he runs to the principal and complains that they are making too much noise.
    Probably more the latter, but definitely the same kind of kid regardless.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited December 2018
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    To me it's kind of weird anyone is losing their mind over this thread as political.  I just re-read the article.  It's about a non-political branch of the government, and it's rather interesting. 

I've always been one to say pick your battles carefully.  Gotta say, in this case,  this is pretty laughable as being in any way controversial.   So it's pretty obvious the messenger is getting the attack, not the message. 

Also, all parties here are guilty of the boilerplate "don't open the thread if you don't think you'll like it (paraphrasing here)" comments on *other* threads, probably that swing the other way, so to speak.

It would have turned that way though.  It had all the makings of it.  I guarantee it.  It's what sarge wants to do.  

Somehow I'm reminded of the neighborhood kid that, when he didn't get his way, would take his ball and go home.
    Or perhaps it's more like the kid that when he sees another group on the other side of the playground having fun but they didn't invite him he runs to the principal and complains that they are making too much noise.

Lol... You nailed it pal.  Just nailed it.   

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Somehow, I feel you're the type person to see that other group and would choke on their choad meat to be in said group at all cost.  When in fact, you just did the deed, and they still really don't like you... 

I can care less pal about being in said group.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    There are groups?  Why was I not aware of this.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    So the ladies are still whining about something that doesn't exist. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,232
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    What a sad little man.
    If that is directed towards me, at least this little sad man can cook. Let’s see what you’ve got big boy. Put up or shut up. 
    Crickets.... I’m waiting big boy. 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    I'm really not sure what you are asking for. I posted a fairly long thread about 3 day gravy for Thanksgiving day. I'm sure you think that was because I was too poor to buy canned gravy like you. God I hate lowering myself to the standards of a mook but sometimes I am just weak.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    What a sad little man.
    If that is directed towards me, at least this little sad man can cook. Let’s see what you’ve got big boy. Put up or shut up. 
    Crickets.... I’m waiting big boy. 

He won't answer you most likely. I'm still waiting on my answer as to why he rides peoples bumpers like a 25 cent prostitute..

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GATraveller
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options

Allow me to rephrase: the article does require one to possess critical thinking skills, and not everyone does.
    you're soooo smart =)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    There’s the in group, and there’s the out group.  We’ll tell you which one you’re in when you show up at Butt Blast.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    Options

At least it hasn’t become political.  That’s something.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    Options
    And at this point, we’re solidly on page 2.  So if you’re here, it’s because you want to be here.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here, @Legume.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    Legume said:

I think he is trying to say that he likes whipping dead animals that resemble Sarah Jessica Parker =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    Legume said:

I think he is trying to say that he likes whipping dead animals that resemble Sarah Jessica Parker =)
    Don’t we all brother, don’t we all.
  • GATraveller
    Options
    There’s the in group, and there’s the out group.  We’ll tell you which one you’re in when you show up at Butt Blast.
    Oh great. That's way to much pressure. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • HeavyG
    edited December 2018
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Somehow, I feel you're the type person to see that other group and would choke on their choad meat to be in said group at all cost.  When in fact, you just did the deed, and they still really don't like you... 

I can care less pal about being in said group.  

Methinks you doth protest too much.

What is "choad meat"? Not familiar with that. How long do you low and slow smoke something like that? Or do you turbo your choad meat? I'm sure you've posted pictures or a smashing video of that somewhere.

EDIT: Had to look up "choad meat" (thanks Urban Dictionary!). Ah...I guess you meant that as some sort of insult.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    Dik
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options
    I pooped today.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GATraveller
    Options

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA