Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fed up with the Fed?

Options

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Well, the thread wasn't nuked, but appears to be sinking. That's positive. 

Thanks @The_Buffalo
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I'm not sure an article about the Federal Reserve that doesn't contain a single mention of the Trilateral Commission, New World Order, Agenda 21, Rothschild's, etc. can really be taken seriously.
    More importantly - is PM May staying or going? We'll know in just a few minutes. I've got a tenner on her staying.

Do you actually own a Big Green Egg? I have to say I am having a hard time remembering you ever posting something that doesn’t bust someone else’s balls. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Thanks @The_Buffalo
    You asked him twice to delete it, and then twice more to sink it.  You're like Roy Williams with your decisiveness.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • tarheelmatt
    Options

Thanks @The_Buffalo
    You asked him twice to delete it, and then twice more to sink it.  You're like Roy Williams with your decisiveness.  
    I gave him the option, didn't matter to me. Glad something was done. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I'm not sure an article about the Federal Reserve that doesn't contain a single mention of the Trilateral Commission, New World Order, Agenda 21, Rothschild's, etc. can really be taken seriously.
    More importantly - is PM May staying or going? We'll know in just a few minutes. I've got a tenner on her staying.

Do you actually own a Big Green Egg? I have to say I am having a hard time remembering you ever posting something that doesn’t bust someone else’s balls. 
    You're just not reading enough threads here then.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    smh. 3 snowflakes show up to p!ss and moan about a political thread that had no political posts. I’m guessing that none of these 3 really understand the Fed. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Legume said:
    It’s not like someone posted a prime rib cook and then said  “nailed it, it’s as fatty and red in the middle as our President”
    Du-u-u-ude.  Some of us used to like prime rib....   :s

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    smh. 3 snowflakes show up to p!ss and moan about a political thread that had no political posts. I’m guessing that none of these 3 really understand the Fed. 
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • BGEChicago
    Options
    I bought a new grill!!! BGE now comes in white! Naw just kidding just trying to add some levity
    Image result for hillbilly grill
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    @Botch

Sorry about the visual?
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    I don't want to start a whole thing here, but I do feel like there should be a limit on the number of posts someone can make in a thread after he or she calls for it to be buffaloed in the first place. Maybe not. Carry on.
    Stillwater, MN
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I don't want to start a whole thing here, but I do feel like there should be a limit on the number of posts someone can make in a thread after he or she calls for it to be buffaloed in the first place. Maybe not. Carry on.
    Kinda like those folks that get triggered by something and then say they are leaving a thread and not coming back...but they do...repeatedly.
    Then they say they will simply stay away from "threads of a certain flavor"...but they still show up.
    Humans are funny.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Creatures of habit are the easiest to hunt.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited December 2018
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Kinda like those folks that get triggered by something and then say they are leaving a thread and not coming back...but they do...repeatedly.
    Then they say they will simply stay away from "threads of a certain flavor"...but they still show up.
    Humans are funny.
    Ya the ones that are on bbqing forums and only contribute Non cooking related posts crack me up. It’s almost like they are just trolls.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Am I the only one who can't stand when someone calls for a thread to be removed?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Am I the only one who can't stand when someone calls for a thread to be removed?
    Get ready to "can't stand" me then.  If he or anyone posts another thread today, I'll do the same.   =)

I for one can't stand these posts that are used to start things.  Why not channel that energy to a cooking post instead of trying to stir the pot.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Sorry, maybe @The_Buffalo can place this in the rules portion of the forum.  

Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Sorry, maybe @The_Buffalo can place this in the rules portion of the forum.  

It’s hard to take the post seriously when the poster hasn’t posted a cook since Sept 2017 and has a whopping total of three cooks posted to their name. 

Granted that’s three more than some of the politically driven clowns around here. 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    What a sad little man.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Get ready to "can't stand" me then.  If he or anyone posts another thread today, I'll do the same.   =)

I for one can't stand these posts that are used to start things.  Why not channel that energy to a cooking post instead of trying to stir the pot.  
    I don't make it personal.  I think we would get along really well and I look forward to meeting you at BB this year.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    What a sad little man.
    If that is directed towards me, at least this little sad man can cook. Let’s see what you’ve got big boy. Put up or shut up. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    More like Fed Up with the constant political garbage on this forum. 
    I'm with you Mike! 

Sarge loves to try and stir things up, not so much in the kitchen though.  If he put the effort of stirring the pot into a cooking post, he'd be legit.  

I'll repeat, @The_Buffalo sink this! 
    Given the number of folks that agreed with my statement, you’re not the only one that feels this way. 
    Serious question - what is is that bothers you so much about a political thread but not a Peloton thread, or a Netflix thread, or a Chik Fil A thread, or a "which smart calendar should I use" thread or any of the dozens of other off topic threads that have zero to do with using a BGE?
    Because most of that other stuff doesn’t end up in a pissing match between the forum members. I can’t even remember the last lump argument around here. Most people are tired of the constant political BS that has forced its way into everyday life. Most people come to this forum to escape the constant barrage of politics and talk about grilling and everyday things such as calendar, exercise equipment, and what is going on in their lives. That’s what gives this forum some character and keeps the regulars coming back. 

My question to you and other politcal pot stirrers like Sarge and Scottie, why do you feel the need to come express your political views on a BGE forum? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? 
    It is unfortunate that some threads do devolve into childish personal attacks and I would agree that happens too often with threads of a political bent. Certainly not exclusive to those sort of threads tho.
    I've never felt my life was under a constant barrage of politics and for me and at least a few others talking about current events is not really any different than and just as enjoyable/therapeutic/informative/entertaining as talking about grilling and everyday things such as calendar, exercise equipment, and what is going on in their lives.

I guess actually posting cooks didn’t make your cut. 
    I'm about to pull one of these bad boys out of the oven in a few minutes. If it would really make you happy and your life seem more fulfilled I'll take a pix of it...

Kidding about taking the pix of course since I already ate it.

nailed it =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Mmmm...TV dinner.  I've had a few of those and just looking at it I can almost taste it.  Must be an old one, is that 68 cents or 89 cents?  Either way, a steal right there!
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Should call him @cocksgt
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    To me it's kind of weird anyone is losing their mind over this thread as political.  I just re-read the article.  It's about a non-political branch of the government, and it's rather interesting. 

I've always been one to say pick your battles carefully.  Gotta say, in this case,  this is pretty laughable as being in any way controversial.   So it's pretty obvious the messenger is getting the attack, not the message. 

Also, all parties here are guilty of the boilerplate "don't open the thread if you don't think you'll like it (paraphrasing here)" comments on *other* threads, probably that swing the other way, so to speak.

Carry on though.  I'll be on the sidelines mackin down on popcorn.
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Should call him @cocksgt
    You can look but don’t touch. 
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    To me it's kind of weird anyone is losing their mind over this thread as political.  I just re-read the article.  It's about a non-political branch of the government, and it's rather interesting. 

I've always been one to say pick your battles carefully.  Gotta say, in this case,  this is pretty laughable as being in any way controversial.   So it's pretty obvious the messenger is getting the attack, not the message. 

Also, all parties here are guilty of the boilerplate "don't open the thread if you don't think you'll like it (paraphrasing here)" comments on *other* threads, probably that swing the other way, so to speak.

It would have turned that way though.  It had all the makings of it.  I guarantee it.  It's what sarge wants to do.  

No one is losing their minds Carey, so you don't have to worry about me.  

Let another BS thread post, I'll do the same.  I don't care who posts it.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

It would have turned that way though.  It had all the makings of it.  I guarantee it.  It's what sarge wants to do.  

No one is losing their minds Carey, so you don't have to worry about me.  

Let another BS thread post, I'll do the same.  I don't care who posts it.  
    I think Nola's point is that y'all picked a weird post of his to jump on him over.  The article is actually not political, and in his OP he basically said that it need not be a political topic.  

I mean... it's not like you guys would have had to have waited much longer for him to post a clearly political thread.  Friday is only a few days away after all.  

Anyway, carry on... 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    the title of the article has trump bashing the feds,  i can see how thats nonpolitical in todays age ;)

Fed piles up $66 billion in paper losses as it faces Trump's wrath

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    the title of the article has trump bashing the feds,  i can see how thats nonpolitical in todays age ;)

Fed piles up $66 billion in paper losses as it faces Trump's wrath

It is an article that requires one to read more than just the headline, I know that can be tough.