Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fed up with the Fed?

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    It's not a political article.  Snowfukinflakes.
    It has great legs though.  You have Sarge, HeavyNoPictrues_G, Fish, You, and John are here.  Should be a blast really soon.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    It has great legs though.  You have Sarge, HeavyNoPictrues_G, Fish, You, and John are here.  Should be a blast really soon.  
    Should be a great time watching folks try to flex their brain muscles to see who's smarter than who.  

I'm on the edge of me seat frankly.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,128
    HeavyG said:
    More like Fed Up with the constant political garbage on this forum. 
    I'm with you Mike! 

Sarge loves to try and stir things up, not so much in the kitchen though.  If he put the effort of stirring the pot into a cooking post, he'd be legit.  

I'll repeat, @The_Buffalo sink this! 
    Given the number of folks that agreed with my statement, you’re not the only one that feels this way. 
    Serious question - what is is that bothers you so much about a political thread but not a Peloton thread, or a Netflix thread, or a Chik Fil A thread, or a "which smart calendar should I use" thread or any of the dozens of other off topic threads that have zero to do with using a BGE?
    Because most of that other stuff doesn’t end up in a pissing match between the forum members. I can’t even remember the last lump argument around here. Most people are tired of the constant political BS that has forced its way into everyday life. Most people come to this forum to escape the constant barrage of politics and talk about grilling and everyday things such as calendar, exercise equipment, and what is going on in their lives. That’s what gives this forum some character and keeps the regulars coming back. 

My question to you and other politcal pot stirrers like Sarge and Scottie, why do you feel the need to come express your political views on a BGE forum? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? 
  • tarheelmatt
    @The_Buffalo , I repeat, sink this.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • BRING BACK THE LUMP AND COOLER FIGHTS!!!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • tarheelmatt
    BRING BACK THE LUMP AND COOLER FIGHTS!!!
    Aww... Aren't you cute.  You can raise your voice.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
    Just trying to lighten the mood a little bit.  

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    edited December 2018
    i made the list....finally after 23,896 posts
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Opened and used, returning to costco
  • It's not a political article.  Snowfukinflakes.
    i made the list....finally after 23,896 posts
    It's not your post count man =) , it's your =) 58,789 smiley =) faces =)
  • Ooh, a new troll account! 
    Yep. 

"Ima_Troll" would be a more obvious handle, but only slightly.
    Gittin' there...
  • More like Fed Up with the constant political garbage on this forum. 
    I'm with you Mike! 

Sarge loves to try and stir things up, not so much in the kitchen though.  If he put the effort of stirring the pot into a cooking post, he'd be legit.  

Given the number of folks that agreed with my statement, you’re not the only one that feels this way. 
    Ya it's some of the same forum members who liked @SGH's poem.  Maybe it's only a certain type of politics that people don't like.
    sound it out yaidjit

That is probably another one of your posts that sounded really funny to you when you wrote it but in truth is as boring as you are. 
    sound it out yaidjit
  • It's not a political article.  Snowfukinflakes.
    Should be a great time watching folks try to flex their brain muscles to see who's smarter than who.  

Way to throw fish under the bus as your token conservative.  You're practically fair and balanced. 

Any match of wits here was settled long ago. I don't know who won but it definitely wasn't you. 

sound it out yaidjit
  • Question, does anyone have any input on Rockwood versus FOGO?? 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• tarheelmatt
    Question, does anyone have any input on Rockwood versus FOGO?? 
    Both are great in my opinion. 

I like the service and personal touch from Rockwood though.  That's big in my book. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt

Way to throw fish under the bus as your token conservative.  You're practically fair and balanced. 

Any match of wits here was settled long ago. I don't know who won but it definitely wasn't you. 

You obviously have me confused with someone who gives a rip.  No one in this thread really impresses me with their brain.  I also don't come off as "look at me, I'm smart" either. 

Go back under your rock boy.b
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited December 2018
    I think i will go buy another couple bags of Rockwood tomorrow. It really is funny how much better it is than say Royal Oak. I never used to think there was much difference. But it’s night and day. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• tarheelmatt
    I think i will go buy another couple bags of Rockwood tomorrow. It really is funny how much better it is than say Royal Oak. I never used to think there was much difference. But it’s night and day. 
    Couple that with the support that Jonathan gives, makes it sweeter. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,326
    HeavyG said:
    I'm with you Mike! 

Serious question - what is is that bothers you so much about a political thread but not a Peloton thread, or a Netflix thread, or a Chik Fil A thread, or a "which smart calendar should I use" thread or any of the dozens of other off topic threads that have zero to do with using a BGE?
    Because most of that other stuff doesn’t end up in a pissing match between the forum members. I can’t even remember the last lump argument around here. Most people are tired of the constant political BS that has forced its way into everyday life. Most people come to this forum to escape the constant barrage of politics and talk about grilling and everyday things such as calendar, exercise equipment, and what is going on in their lives. That’s what gives this forum some character and keeps the regulars coming back. 

My question to you and other politcal pot stirrers like Sarge and Scottie, why do you feel the need to come express your political views on a BGE forum? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? 
    It is unfortunate that some threads do devolve into childish personal attacks and I would agree that happens too often with threads of a political bent. Certainly not exclusive to those sort of threads tho.
    I've never felt my life was under a constant barrage of politics and for me and at least a few others talking about current events is not really any different than and just as enjoyable/therapeutic/informative/entertaining as talking about grilling and everyday things such as calendar, exercise equipment, and what is going on in their lives.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,128
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    I'm with you Mike! 

It is unfortunate that some threads do devolve into childish personal attacks and I would agree that happens too often with threads of a political bent. Certainly not exclusive to those sort of threads tho.
    I've never felt my life was under a constant barrage of politics and for me and at least a few others talking about current events is not really any different than and just as enjoyable/therapeutic/informative/entertaining as talking about grilling and everyday things such as calendar, exercise equipment, and what is going on in their lives.

I guess actually posting cooks didn’t make your cut. 
  • HeavyG
    edited December 2018
    That's "HeavyNoFOODPictures_G" mister.
    Certainly not any over-processed, Photoshop filtered pictures anyway.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

That is probably another one of your posts that sounded really funny to you when you wrote it but in truth is as boring as you are. 

• tarheelmatt
    HeavyG said:
    That's "HeavyNoFOODPictures_G" mister.
    Certainly not any over-processed, Photoshop filtered pictures anyway.
    Lol...  Ray Charles can't even imagine your stuff. 

Mosy time people that take crappy pictures blame Photoshop anyways...
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    I'm with you Mike! 

I guess actually posting cooks didn’t make your cut. 
    I'm about to pull one of these bad boys out of the oven in a few minutes. If it would really make you happy and your life seem more fulfilled I'll take a pix of it...

Kidding about taking the pix of course since I already ate it.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Isn’t the advice usually to just keep going, don’t open the thread?  Some of those complaining here have given that advice to others in the past.  It’s not like someone posted a prime rib cook and then said  “nailed it, it’s as fatty and red in the middle as our President”
  • Legume said:
    Isn’t the advice usually to just keep going, don’t open the thread?  Some of those complaining here have given that advice to others in the past.  It’s not like someone posted a prime rib cook and then said  “nailed it, it’s as fatty and red in the middle as our President”
    Some things are just too hard to ignore I guess.
  • What is the saying...?     "LIFE IS SHORT, SPEND YOUR TIME ARGUING POLITICS WITH STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET."   Just thinking there is more than a decent chance that no one on a smoker forum, or sports forum, or do-it-yourself forum, or outdoors forum, etc., has clicked on an OFF TOPIC political thread, read said thread, and changed one's political position and general outlook on life.   LOL..
    Egghead since November 2014, XL-BGE & ET-732
    Smobot
    Living near Indy
    36" Blackstone
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Guys...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume said:
    I guess now I know what I'm going to say when I cook my next prime rib.