Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You could always get one of these attachments for your, uh, back.

Image result for panasonic vibrator penis attachment

Options
    Just bought and had installed the LG OLED 65 TV....FWIW, it is not worth the extra coin VS a regular LCD or QLED unless you are into Gaming ---Oh Well
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

I guess that's like a finger massager? 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Looks like you're real happy about those boots @SGH!

I hope I'm not the only one who got that... 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited November 2018
    Options
    SonVolt said:

No I did also. Which really concerns me...

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Just bought and had installed the LG OLED 65 TV....FWIW, it is not worth the extra coin VS a regular LCD or QLED unless you are into Gaming ---Oh Well
    I got the 65" LG UHD on Saturday and love it. I think it is the base model, but there is always a strip of sunlight where I have it hung and it absorbs it so well that there isn't any glare. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    SonVolt said:

I guess that's like a finger massager? 

Why would he want a Salt Shaker on the end of a massag....Oh, I get it now....

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• milesvdustin
    Options
    It's for when you sprain your finger, duh 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I got the 65" LG UHD on Saturday and love it. I think it is the base model, but there is always a strip of sunlight where I have it hung and it absorbs it so well that there isn't any glare. 
    I was suckered in by the Home Theatre guy that installed it,I would have rather paid $800.00 and not 3k, my fault for sure ...heck I don't really even watch TV
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Was Caitlyn Jenner on the tee-vee again?  Scottie..... (sigh)

Options
    Third trip to Home Depot today for freaking light bulbs. I hate buying light bulbs. It used to be easier in the pre LED days. I know what you’re thinking. I’m not an idiot. First trip the bulbs didn’t put out the same color light. Second trip has blown internals and doesn’t work. No telling what Round 3 is going to bring. 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Third trip to Home Depot today for freaking light bulbs. I hate buying light bulbs. It used to be easier in the pre LED days. I know what you’re thinking. I’m not an idiot. First trip the bulbs didn’t put out the same color light. Second trip has blown internals and doesn’t work. No telling what Round 3 is going to bring. 
    Did that a few weeks ago, kitchen has 9 spots one burnt out and could not fine one that matched the rest. The second trip I bought one of each kind and none match. The solution was to replace all 9, and buying spares.  :angry:

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    I always buy “daylight” ones. Those are the closest match I can find to the old incandescent bulbs.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    You were LED to buy the wrong thing?

Har, I slay myself.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    Botch said:
    You were LED to buy the wrong thing?

Har, I slay myself.  
    I'll bet you're a regular headliner at the comedy clubs in Ogden.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Did that a few weeks ago, kitchen has 9 spots one burnt out and could not fine one that matched the rest. The second trip I bought one of each kind and none match. The solution was to replace all 9, and buying spares.  :angry:
    The four new bulbs in the package didn’t match each other. Terrible quality control. It’s not the first time that’s happened to me. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited November 2018
    Options
    You are not right. You are an idiot.  ;) Also, how was their return policy?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I've had good luck with Amazon Basics generic LED lights.  Make sure you know what temperature you're going with so you can buy the same color lights.  My shop is 5000K.  The house is warmer.
    Options
    You are not right. You are an idiot.  ;) Also, how was their return policy?
    Yeah, should have kept them for 7 years then returned. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    for the price and the longevity promised on these new light bulbs...i would have zero problems with returning them.  2 out of 3 spots in the bathroom are out right now, i just put the bathroom in a few years ago and have already changed out every bulb. 3 over the vanity, 3 spots, and 2 more spots now.  thats 14 bulbs in 5 or 6 years
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    for the price and the longevity promised on these new light bulbs...i would have zero problems with returning them.  2 out of 3 spots in the bathroom are out right now, i just put the bathroom in a few years ago and have already changed out every bulb. 3 over the vanity, 3 spots, and 2 more spots now.  thats 14 bulbs in 5 or 6 years
    I bought 7 LED floods for our kitchen when the bulbs were $25 each. 5 burned out within a year. The promised cost savings is totally bogus as they do not calculate the high rate of failure into the equation. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I bought 7 LED floods for our kitchen when the bulbs were $25 each. 5 burned out within a year. The promised cost savings is totally bogus as they do not calculate the high rate of failure into the equation. 
    Theoretically, the LEDs don't "burn out" like a filament does, the failure is with the voltage/current regulating circuit, which gets hotter than the LEDs and is a design challenge.  They're getting better, this is new.
    Options
    See my earlier post in this thread....you know I’m just bustin on you right?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Theoretically, the LEDs don't "burn out" like a filament does, the failure is with the voltage/current regulating circuit, which gets hotter than the LEDs and is a design challenge.  They're getting better, this is new.
    I know this. I was trying to make a basic statement that the bulbs did not work rather than a more complex one talking about the inner workings of a LED bulb. 
  • nolaegghead
    edited November 2018
    Options
    See my earlier post in this thread....you know I’m just bustin on you right?
    He wanted me to tell you not to bust on his face, he has a client meeting today.  Thanks for the consideration, he says.
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I know a guy who is an engineer for Sylvania. He told me that the LEDs are as cheap or cheaper in certain cases to produce than a traditional light bulb. The pricing is solely to protect the companies long standing profit margins. LEDs cannibalize future sales so thet are getting their money up front now. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    the light in the shower is old school halogen, that works fine and is under the worst conditions
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    On another LED note, I bought two dozen 100w LED bulbs from Amazon when we bought our new place last August (Feit). Probably 2/3rds of them have failed. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    the light in the shower is old school halogen, that works fine and is under the worst conditions
    Freaking amazing the halogen gas in the hermetically sealed glass hasn't succumbed to the horrendous conditions in your shower.  There must be a god!

Options
    Well, it has to watch him shower.  There’s that.