Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Returning an Item to Costco....

Options

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018 From what I gather, the norm is to buy a copy of today's paper and hold it in front of the non-working tree.  Oh wait, that was a Chimnea

I still want to know who Flyover is.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    wow I just read the 120 unread post and my head hurts. But my original comment still stands. How dare you buy a fake xmas tree. Daddy needs a new pair of shoes

I'm not paying for your dang pizza oven MLC.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    TEXASBGE2018 damn you, how about my vacuum sealer through me a bone

Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    TEXASBGE2018 damn you, how about my vacuum sealer through me a bone

As long as its from Costco.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Good grief. Go post a cook for a change. 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    So after all this, and his statement to the contrary, I bet he actually does go ahead and return it and just doesn't tell us.

Please let me know how I can prove to a complete stranger that I'm not an azzhat. =)

First you will need to get some aluminum foil, KY jelly, and 4 jalepeno peppers.
    NOLA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I opened this thread, skipped to the end, because it seems boring and banal to me.  No opinions, don't care.  Bye.  Carry on if you must.
    Good grief. Go post a cook for a change. 

Ya, It's been about a month since my last cook post. I better get on that. I'll post my Kabob cook tomorrow night if it will make you feel better.

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    HeavyG said:
    So after all this, and his statement to the contrary, I bet he actually does go ahead and return it and just doesn't tell us.

Please let me know how I can prove to a complete stranger that I'm not an azzhat. =)

First you will need to get some aluminum foil, KY jelly, and 4 jalepeno peppers.

I don't like cooking ABT's...

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    I opened this thread, skipped to the end, because it seems boring and banal to me.  No opinions, don't care.  Bye.  Carry on if you must.

@nolaegghead  If you're reading this, I was able to get you to come back to this thread.

Phoenix 
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    I can be the authority on this question. I happen to work at Costco, part time, as a refund clerk.

Yeah, they'll take it back. They'll look up your purchase in the AS400 and they'll know exactly when you bought it, down to the store, the time and which cash register you went through.

Oldest thing I've seen returned was a "Price Club" shirt. Price Club is the original name of Costco on the West Coast. Must have been from the early '90s

Do them a favor and don't **** them, don't underestimate how long ago it was, and don't try to excuse your reason for return. It stopped working and you're not satisfied and that is all that is necessary for a full return.

IF you've paid your membership dues for the last 5 years, you've paid for this return. 

Yes, they'll roll their eyes when you're not looking, they'll talk amongst themselves after you leave and say "Did he buy a lifetime warranty or what?"

None of that matters. Costco made almost no profit on the sale, so they take no losses on the return. They make money in Membership, not markup. From the return desk it goes to "RTV" (Return to Vendor). The Vendor will reimburse Costco approximately 50% of the value. 

Return it. It's OK. I should know.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• FlyOverCountry
    Options
    I wonder if they would take back the coffin mother is in out back.  She’s worm food after all this time but I bet the coffin has held up ok.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Isn't saying "don't care" offering an opinion?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Isn't saying "don't care" offering an opinion?
    Don't care. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Woodchunk
    Options
    I wonder if they would take back the coffin mother is in out back.  She’s worm food after all this time but I bet the coffin has held up ok.
    Costco.com will only accept a return of a casket due to freight or cosmetic damage from shipping. Please call 1-800-955-2292 for a return authorization. Caskets cannot be returned to Costco warehouses.
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    I bought one of those expensive $100 electronic automatic opening garbage cans. Sat in the box for a year. Then when I finally opened it, only got three months out of it before it died.  Lady at Costco was pretty judgemental when I returned it. She probably assumed I got a year of use out of it.  Same store also gave me attitude when I returned romaine lettuce during the E Coli scare.   Got my money back on both but they make sure to make you feel like a piece of sh!t when you do it
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I didn’t read all this I didn’t read all this but a lot of times the fuses are in the plug. There will be a little cover to pop off. Also pretty much every year after I set up our tree I have to go light by light to find the one that has come loose to get the tree to light up. I would prefer a really nice non lit tree and buy the lights and hang them myself. 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    odie91 said:
    I bought one of those expensive $100 electronic automatic opening garbage cans. Sat in the box for a year. Then when I finally opened it, only got three months out of it before it died.  Lady at Costco was pretty judgemental when I returned it. She probably assumed I got a year of use out of it.  Same store also gave me attitude when I returned romaine lettuce during the E Coli scare.   Got my money back on both but they make sure to make you feel like a piece of sh!t when you do it
    I have one of those garbage cans, and changing the batteries got to be a PITA, so now it's just a regular garbage can.
    NOLA
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    odie91 said:
    I have one of those garbage cans, and changing the batteries got to be a PITA, so now it's just a regular garbage can.
    Yup same thing here. But I trashed it believe it or not.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    odie91 said:
    I believe I speak for the masses here, but uh, I don’t really believe anything you say at this point. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    buzd504 said:
    odie91 said:
    I believe I speak for the masses here, but uh, I don’t really believe anything you say at this point. 
    Haha, okay then....FYI that is one of the most returned items to Costco according to my brother who had to return 4 of them for the same reason mentioned above. I guess he’s an azzhole too right?

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I'm a Costco member, I have occasionally returned things that I bought and decided that I didn't actually want the item. Never something I had used or opened and partially consumed.
    As far as returning a Christmas tree that I had used for many years, I don't think I could do it....I would feel lower than a snake's belly.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018 There is a fundamental reason you served this up on the forum... You are the only one who knows the outcome you were seeking. 
    Sleep well. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    If it is any consolation I like you @TEXASBGE2018 you seem to post whatever your thinking and don’t let anyone get under your skin. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Skipped over all the recent post. Why the F()ck did you waste internet space and time for this bunch of BS.   Are you one of those people that needs constant confirmation that what your doin is politically correct or just someone that is not stable in your decisions?  

#nonthinkerssuck

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Skipped over all the recent post. Why the F()ck did you waste internet space and time for this bunch of BS.   Are you one of those people that needs constant confirmation that what your doin is politically correct or just someone that is not stable in your decisions?  

#nonthinkerssuck
    Because it clearly got under the skin of people like you is why I did it. Chill out Francis. There is plenty of worse crap on here than this. I thought this was pretty tame compared to a Friday post. I don’t need confirmation from anyone about anything. I don’t give a rip about political correctness. It was all in good fun and you getting your panties in a twist over it is pretty sad. Lighten up, go have a drink or 3 and sleep it off. Everyone on this forum is top notch you included. As someone said earlier relax. I am...

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Just return the dang tree...

... so this thread can live FOREVER!!!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options

#nonthinkerssuck I don’t need confirmation from anyone about anything. I don’t give a rip about political correctness. It was all in good fun and you getting your panties in a twist 

#nonthinkerssuck
    Because it clearly got under the skin of people like you is why I did it. Chill out Francis. There is plenty of worse crap on here than this. I thought this was pretty tame compared to a Friday post. I don’t need confirmation from anyone about anything. I don’t give a rip about political correctness. It was all in good fun and you getting your panties in a twist over it is pretty sad. Lighten up, go have a drink or 3 and sleep it off. Everyone on this forum is top notch you included. As someone said earlier relax. I am...
    Sorry Francis but you wouldn’t have been asking such a stupid ass question if you weren’t looking for an “”Ok Joe” take your tree back to justify your guilt for even considering it.  

I think it was your panties that got ruffled by the response to your post.  Peace out Christmas Tree bandit    

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Mattman3969 said:

what your doin

#nonthinkerssuck
    heh
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave