Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Returning an Item to Costco....

Options

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    dmchicago said:
     So again to clear it up. I never intended to actually try and return this 7 year old used Christmas Tree. 
    Complete Bullsh!t.

Uh huh, you can read minds I guess...

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    This should go well from here on out.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    dmchicago said:
     So again to clear it up. I never intended to actually try and return this 7 year old used Christmas Tree. 
    Complete Bullsh!t.

Uh huh, you can read minds I guess...
    Nope. I can, however, read posts.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    I created this thread to get peoples opinions of whether returning something well past its prime would be morally acceptable if a companies return policy doesn't restrict it. The conversation has merit. Several of you just got butthurt because you felt like you knew what kind of person I am based on an internet conversation you have had with me. The point of the conversation should be focused on the original question, not your personal opinion of me.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    theres no candy canes on that tree,  is that how they do it in texas =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Since everyone already knows I'm a horrible person, every time my OXO Digital Scale dies I buy a new on Amazon, swap it out, then return it for a refund. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited November 2018
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Since everyone already knows I'm a horrible person, every time my OXO Digital Scale dies I buy a new on Amazon, swap it out, then return it for a refund.
    With this group you can’t win no matter who you are or what you do. Unless it’s agree with them.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    With this group you can’t win no matter who you are or what you do. Unless it’s agree with them.
    Which ones?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Which ones?
    You will find out real quick on here. 

• frazzdaddy
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Which ones?
    You will find out real quick on here. 
    Nah, just a bunch of bored goofballs have'n some fun man do what you need to do. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Nah, just a bunch of bored goofballs have'n some fun man do what you need to do. 

Just so you are clear about how people on here react. Had I been serious and returned it and provided photo evidence. The same people that are now butthurt that "I lied to them" would be posting meme's and b!tching that I am an azzhole for doing that to Costco.

So as I said before, it's a no win situation on here if you are "on the wrong side". I could have stated at the end of the 1st page of comments that I was only kidding and it would be the same reaction. What they are actually mad about is that I didn't in fact do it. They wanted me to be serious so they could confirm their opinion of me.

• tarheelmatt
    Options

Just so you are clear about how people on here react. Had I been serious and returned it and provided photo evidence. The same people that are now butthurt that "I lied to them" would be posting meme's and b!tching that I am an azzhole for doing that to Costco.

So as I said before, it's a no win situation on here if you are "on the wrong side". I could have stated at the end of the 1st page of comments that I was only kidding and it would be the same reaction. What they are actually mad about is that I didn't in fact do it. They wanted me to be serious so they could confirm their opinion of me.

Holidays can be stressful big guy.  Just take some deep breaths.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • TEXASBGE2018
    edited November 2018
    Options

Holidays can be stressful big guy.  Just take some deep breaths.  

I'm fine don't worry. I will make it through this, if not I did see some massage chairs at Costco over the weekend that I wouldn't mind using till after Christmas and then returning....

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

I think maybe... just maybe... you are seeing some things that are not actually there man.   
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options

I think maybe... just maybe... you are seeing some things that are not actually there man.   

Maybe....

• frazzdaddy
    Options

You kinda missed my very abstract point. You have allowed this by giving permission and then buying into the opinions. You let folks in your head and then are upset when they knock things over. You have given people you don't know governance over your feelings and then you complain about the outcome. I guess the question is why do you care how I feel about it and does it really matter???
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    edited November 2018
    Options

You kinda missed my very abstract point. You have allowed this by giving permission and then buying into the opinions. You let folks in your head and then are upset when they knock things over. You have given people you don't know governance over your feelings and then you complain about the outcome. I guess the question is why do you care how I feel about it and does it really matter???

haha, I really don't. No one is in my head. Trust me, I'm not letting the opinions of any of these jokesters make me lose sleep at night. No one is controlling my feelings but me and I am not mad or complaining about anything.

I laughed my butt off when I realized my sarcastic trolling posts apparently got this entire forum in a tizzy fit overnight. My original question was legit in asking what's the longest you have owned something that you have taken back to Costco under their "warranty" but it was never my intention from the beginning to actually do it.

Now some people are claiming I caved to the opinions of half the people on here. Not one person on here has an ounce of influence on my decisions. That's my wife's job.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    So after all this, and his statement to the contrary, I bet he actually does go ahead and return it and just doesn't tell us.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    blasting said:

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    So after all this, and his statement to the contrary, I bet he actually does go ahead and return it and just doesn't tell us.

haha, if it makes you feel better go ahead and believe that. Do I also need to scrapbook me plugging the tree in, showing you it doesn't work, then one where I am wrapping it in lights, then decorating it? Please let me know how I can prove to a complete stranger that I'm not an azzhat. =)

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    HeavyG said:

How dare you judge this man!
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    If I were you I'd buy that OXO Scale from Amazon and then return the Christmas tree in it. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018 From what I gather, the norm is to buy a copy of today's paper and hold it in front of the non-working tree.  Oh wait, that was a Chimnea
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    wow I just read the 120 unread post and my head hurts. But my original comment still stands. How dare you buy a fake xmas tree. Daddy needs a new pair of shoes

Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18