Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options

Lawrenceville, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Took a drive up East Canyon this afternoon (from Morgan UT to SLC).  As I approached the summit I noticed the temp dropped to 26º, and the roads "looked" wet; had summer tires on so I took the hairpins very slowly, could open up again once I got on the west face.
    Will probably do that drive again tomorrow, and bring a damn camera this time...  (oof-dah!)  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    Pot pie
    Looks great!  Did you get any pics of the filling?
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Trying not to slip into a food coma.  So full....
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @DMW- party affiliation of the named Roosevelt??  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    Over a month ago I smoked butts for a party.  I just opened the egg to see the drip pan still in place.  Damn, I have been too busy .
    That's every time for me.  I'm not busy that I know of, just lazy and forgetful.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @DMW- party affiliation of the named Roosevelt??  =)
    Roosevelt Republicanism would be nice to see again.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Now that I’m finally feeling better (thank goodness) I’m writing some Christmas poetry to share with my forum friends over the holidays. May even write a new song or two as well. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    DMW said:
    All checked in at The Roosevelt Hotel in NYC.

I would love to have your money just for one day my friend. Oh the havoc I would reek :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,345
    Options
    SGH said:
    DMW said:

I would love to have your money just for one day my friend. Oh the havoc I would reek :D
    With all those fine shaving soaps and lotions I doubt that you reek. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    SGH said:
    DMW said:

Not my money, here for work, expense account.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Guy doing his own version of BBQ Relief for the victims of the "Camp Fire"
    https://www.eater.com/2017/10/17/16489736/guy-fieri-santa-rosa-wild-fires-barbecue

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    City picks up leaves like that? They would have to be bagged or in a can at least here. 
    @dobie yeah it’s freaking awesome. They have this massive vacuum that comes by and sucks them up. 

I went through 50 bags last year and set them out. Then I saw the neighbors do this...I felt like a schmuck out there un-bagging them for pickup. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I went through 50 bags last year and set them out. Then I saw the neighbors do this...I felt like a schmuck out there un-bagging them for pickup. 
    Wonder why you felt like a Schmuck. If it walks like a duck.....
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Wonder why you felt like a Schmuck. If it walks like a duck.....
    Oh I’m walking like a duck today I assure you :rofl: I’m sore as $hit! 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,648
    edited November 2018
    Options
    City picks up leaves like that? They would have to be bagged or in a can at least here. 
    @dobie yeah it’s freaking awesome. They have this massive vacuum that comes by and sucks them up. 

Don’t feel bad, I picked up a lawn care customer years ago, we spent a whole day dragging out years of leaves on tarps to the curb.  Probably 100 yards worth on a corner lot. 
     Came back two weeks later, they were still there, wet muddy, cars driving through them omg it was a disaster, turns out the house was just outside the city limits. 
     Winged a rock through his window with string trimmer also at some point. 

FYI if you have to move shvt loads of leaves, blow or rake them onto a tarp and drag them to the curb with your riding mower.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    Ordering Caputo 00 Blue bag. Gotta make some dough later this week! Ardore coming next week

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @alaskanassasin that's a rough year for that dude.

And yes, I spent most of my childhood using the blower to tarp to tractor technique.

Unfortunately I've got a push mower now...so I'm the mule dragging them all day!

South of Nashville, TN

• milesvdustin
    Options
    Getting ready to change the thermostat and trans fluid in the wife's car. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    Very cool.  Do you have a backside photo @SonVolt ?  (pumpkin backside, to be clear)
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    https://www.eater.com/2017/10/17/16489736/guy-fieri-santa-rosa-wild-fires-barbecue

Not being a smartass but you do realize that was last year right?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Legume said:
    Very cool.  Do you have a backside photo @SonVolt ?  (pumpkin backside, to be clear)

Legume said:

I don't think I took any of the back side, but it was basically a hole about the size of an apple.  I forgot the name of the caliber we were shooting but I think the closet factory round is 6.5 Creedmore.  
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

Not being a smartass but you do realize that was last year right?
    Ha! That's funny. Didn't even notice that. Apparently, he does it every time theres a situation like this.
    https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/local/guy-fieri-helps-cook-serve-dinner-for-camp-fire-first-responders/275-613645828

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    Pot pie
    Sorry, I didn't think to do that when we were prepping it last night.  It's a pretty simple filling, carrots, potatoes, chicken, and peas in a dressed up bechamel sauce.  But the pie crust is homemade - my MIL visited this weekend and made a batch to stick in the freezer.

That probably generates a whole topic of its own, but I'm curious as to what others think - Butter, Cristco, or Butter/Cristco combo for pie crusts?
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    Pot pie
    Sorry, I didn't think to do that when we were prepping it last night.  It's a pretty simple filling, carrots, potatoes, chicken, and peas in a dressed up bechamel sauce.  But the pie crust is homemade - my MIL visited this weekend and made a batch to stick in the freezer.

That probably generates a whole topic of its own, but I'm curious as to what others think - Butter, Cristco, or Butter/Cristco combo for pie crusts?
    My grandmother always used lard. I gave up years ago at trying to replicate that crust. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    Pot pie

Refrigerated Crisco. It has to be cold. 
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    buzzvol said:
    Pot pie

My grandmother always used lard. I gave up years ago at trying to replicate that crust. 
    Now that's an interesting idea...I'm sure there's loads of flavor in that crust.
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...