Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Just sold an Ardore to my boss... More like pursuaded him into ordering. It'll be a great addition to his egg and Blackstone... Also thanks to me
    This situation is quite the brain twister. You are a butt kisser for clueing him in on the lifestyle upgrades all the while lightening his wallet. 

Well done!
    Ha! It's a very unique company. More like a couple of frat boys .... He makes me buy bourbon, I make him buy cooking stuff.
    Lots of winning scenarios being played out. Enjoy!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Was really lazy so I got out the SV for pork chops. I just don’t like SV proteins. Wife wasn’t impressed either. We done it several times each with pork, chicken, and steaks. None of it comes close to what you can do with the egg. Chocolate pots are the SV saving grace. 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    Planning on watching Rocket Lab make their first launch with a commercial payload live from New Zealand in about an hour.

Live stream is here if anyone else likes to watch rockets - http://www.rocketlabusa.com/live-stream

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,616
    Options
    Did they have to name the blaze in Northern California the camp fire?
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Legume said:
    Did they have to name the blaze in Northern California the camp fire?
    My friends parents last name is Woolsey. Their house burnt down earlier this year. How ironic....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Had about what I feel is a perfect Saturday.

Ran to Jungle Jim's for beer and snacks.
    Then to Costco for steaks and weekly provisions.
    Got car washed.
    Home to watch Michigan game and relax.
    Dinner with wife at new Mexican restaurant.
    After dinner spur of the moment decision to go to see a movie with wife.  Completely relaxing and fun. 

Much needed and hope to keep going.

Nice.   Covfefe
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Burgers on a stick ala @bgebrent err Nichole 

• pgprescott
    Options
    Eating some diet food lunch. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @pgprescott money shot for the win. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited November 2018
    Options

My grocery store knows how to sell chickens - smells so good.  I thought smoking the chickens directly in front of a no smoking sign was kinda humorous.

Phoenix 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    I did some wings and pork belly pieces last night. The wings with hot sauce from a bottle, the pork with quince and chilli jam plus S & P. The pork would have been better in bigger chunks and I got it a bit hot so the jam burned, but they were still OK. Wings were good.

Tonight's pork loin - just seasoned and some spice added then grilled direct.

• NorthPilot06
    Options
    Found something fun to cook at Central Market...they get me every time
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Found something fun to cook at Central Market...they get me every time
    Do tell. 
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    A variation on the ABT, just cream cheese stuffed jalepenos wrapped in bacon. Just one left, sorry for the poor pic
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    There’s always something different at CM that I end up putting in the cart - SWMBO always finds out when we get home 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    A variation on the ABT, just cream cheese stuffed jalepenos wrapped in bacon. Just one left, sorry for the poor pic
    Ah. Didn’t recognize them on the skewer. Enjoy!
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited November 2018
    Options

Aaaand I’m done. Wet leaves and live tree limbs are the worst. Time for a shower and a cold beverage before the week starts all over. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Had about what I feel is a perfect Saturday.

Ran to Jungle Jim's for beer and snacks.
    Then to Costco for steaks and weekly provisions.
    Got car washed.
    Home to watch Michigan game and relax.
    Dinner with wife at new Mexican restaurant.
    After dinner spur of the moment decision to go to see a movie with wife.  Completely relaxing and fun. 

Much needed and hope to keep going.

Came down to Jungle Jims last weekend, left with $160 grocery bill and nothing you could make a meal with, love that place =)  I exercised self control and did not walk through the hot sauce aisle, you sir are lucky to be close by
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Nice looking steak Pete @pgprescott
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Pot pie
    That looks great! 
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    Over a month ago I smoked butts for a party.  I just opened the egg to see the drip pan still in place.  Damn, I have been too busy .
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Nice looking steak Pete @pgprescott
    Thank you sir. It’s just a little lean organic grass Fed sirloin. I’m eating lean protein and lots of veggies and some fruit.  No sugar, bread, processed foods etc.  not bad though for my “diet food”  I’ll suffer though another week then moderate my strict behavior. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options

Aaaand I’m done. Wet leaves and live tree limbs are the worst. Time for a shower and a cold beverage before the week starts all over. 
    City picks up leaves like that? They would have to be bagged or in a can at least here. 
    Jacksonville FL