Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Norah Grace made 2 inch steaks

Options
Yeasterday was my wife’s birthday, but with if being Friday we couldn’t cook because of works schedules.   So today Norah Grace made mom’s birthday meal.   We purchased to grass fed  2 inch steaks weighing in at 3.7lbs.  Yikes they were gigantic.  She seasoned them up with a little dizzy pig mole and dizzy pig raising the steaks.   Reverse sear to a perfect medium rear......served with baked potatoes and grilled asparagus.  Here are a few photos of the finished product.  

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,357
    Options
    Awesome! Love the photo bomb too
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Look,ok I know I may be a little a little biased but she’s got skills.   I’m so very proud of her.....not only because she cooks so well but because she of her heart.  She worked so hard to to show her mom how much she is loves.  

• ryantt
    Options
    @ColtsFan I didn’t even realize the Dog was pulling off a photo bomb. 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Beautiful...a skill for life!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,505
    Options
    There is a consistency of top quality output that is beyond lucky.  As you note, "she's got skills" and she has got the drive and passion to continue to enhance her knowledge.  Would that I could deliver at her level every time.
    I don't envy your challenge to navigate the distractions that are on the horizon but keep nurturing this unique skill-set and see where it lands.  I only hope she continues to pursue this as she is gifted. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Grillinois
    Options
    Very nice!  I’d take that for a birthday meal every year. 
    Joliet, IL
    Large, Mini, Stoker, Smobot
  • ryantt
    Options
    @lousubcap she asked me if I would consider buying her a food trailer for Christmas!!!!! Oh, well you know that’s kind of a big ticket item, maybe not this year.    

She told her 4th grade teacher that she was planing on getting a job this summer, selling BBQ and other great food creations at the local market and downtown at first Fridays all summer long.   It’s always fun trying to explain to people that yes she really cooks it on her own and no she wasn’t forced to work in a family restaurant.  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,505
    Options
    @ryantt - and I thought her BGE posts were top-shelf.  You have a prodigy in your midst.   I don't envy the issues in front of you but on the flip-side, there is a whole lot of value in a single-minded focus. 
    Here's to successful management and navigation of the mine fields down-stream. May this journey always identify the successful road ahead and reinforce the drive to keep at it regardless of any short-term hic-cups. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    @ryantt
    For Norah Grace:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,364
    Options
    Nailed it!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ryantt
    Options
    @SGH I’ll show her this in the morning, she will be excited.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    ryantt said:
    @SGH I’ll show her this in the morning, she will be excited.
    She more than deserves it. Tell her great job👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    ryantt said: 

Now THAT is absolutely perfect! Very nice work!!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Markarm4119
    Options
    She has skills and passion and if it persist into adulthood, she will be able to do what she loves for a profession. You have an amazing daughter there !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.