Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

There goes the neighborhood

Options
Legume
Legume Posts: 14,627
edited November 2018 in EggHead Forum
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/valentinas-tex-mex-bbq-austin-texas/index.html

Happy for them, sad for me and the even longer lines that I’ll now have to suffer.

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    They've been popular for a long time. I dunno that a CNN article is going to turn them into the next Franklin with 5 hour long lines.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    My luck so far has been pretty good on lines there.  I am hoping to take my crew down there over Thanksgiving weekend for a RDH breakfast taco.

Also, while I am extraordinarily loathe to use the term "Fake News":
     "Like many Austin restaurants, Valentina's also serves breakfast burritos, which can include chorizo, refried beans and tomato serrano salsa, all "hecho con amor" (made with love)."

Burritos are what you get in SF.  Here, we have tacos.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    well $hit. Looks like breakfast at Valentinas tomorrow or Sunday before the hipster masses descend like locusts. 

Mickethwait it right behind them. They probably have better bbq but the Tex-Mex angle at Valentina's is unique.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    20stone said:
    My luck so far has been pretty good on lines there.  I am hoping to take my crew down there over Thanksgiving weekend for a RDH breakfast taco.

Also, while I am extraordinarily loathe to use the term "Fake News":
     "Like many Austin restaurants, Valentina's also serves breakfast burritos, which can include chorizo, refried beans and tomato serrano salsa, all "hecho con amor" (made with love)."

Burritos are what you get in SF.  Here, we have tacos.
    It’s still very easy, but it’s gotten progressively longer from the parking lot they used to occupy (which was actually closer in to town).

I think their capacity is limited by the serving trailer.  If they had two registers and more people prepping orders, then the seating would be the problem.  I’m actually not anxious for them to move into that building, I’m happy as they are now, and good for them.