Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited October 2018
    Options
    As a native southenah, I scoffed at my then GF turned swmbo when she spoke of the fine dinning to be had in the north. (We argue about the relevance of the Mason/Dixon line.) She is a true Southern Belle (of dubious origins) There was just no way it could be true. Boy was I wrong. Gaithersburg for me. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Dealing with teenage Daughter drama.  She's going to take so many years off my life.
    Boys are so much easier.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Eoin said:
    YEMTrey said:
    Dealing with teenage Daughter drama.  She's going to take so many years off my life.
    Boys are so much easier.
    YEMTrey said:
    Been through two. wow, just wow. and bolded.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,432
    Options
    @Possumtrot - I can't speak to the girls deal but definite truth about boys and cars.  My two sons (now 27 and 31) each had their initial speeding tix and car wrecks within a couple of weeks of the same time frame after getting their licenses 4 years apart.  Of course, in my youth I was also a member of the speeding tix and car wreck club.  Fruit doesn't fall too far from the tree, I guess. ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Possumtrot
    Options
    Same for me - wreck and Tix.  However I wasn't too careful what I asked for in my younger days - all I wanted when I grew up was to be surrounded by women, thus the wife, 2 daughters, female dogs, etc.
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,206
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Possumtrot - I can't speak to the girls deal but definite truth about boys and cars.  My two sons (now 27 and 31) each had their initial speeding tix and car wrecks within a couple of weeks of the same time frame after getting their licenses 4 years apart.  Of course, in my youth I was also a member of the speeding tix and car wreck club.  Fruit doesn't fall too far from the tree, I guess. ;)
    Talking my way out of a 119 in a 55 zone ticket was a life highlight. I also got pulled twice for speeding in one day. I ended up with one seat belt violation. I couldn’t tell you how many times I talked my way out of tickets growing up. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @DoubleEgger - better to be lucky than good, for sure.  It was only extremely infrequent that I was able to talk my way out of a speeding tix.  Did manage to get one down from 88 in a 55 (back when the interstate limit was 55) to 75 so I didn't have to go to court as I was around 250 miles up the road in nowhere central CA (I-5).  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Talking my way out of a 119 in a 55 zone ticket was a life highlight. I also got pulled twice for speeding in one day. I ended up with one seat belt violation. I couldn’t tell you how many times I talked my way out of tickets growing up. 
    My scanner was my best friend, unfortunately my dad had one too. He was usually waiting for me when I got home.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I have only been pulled over a few times in my life. Show them my DL and my Conceal Carry License, that seems to do the trick. I say "thank you for your service and to stay safe" and usually get a "thanks for having our back out there" and drive off. Of course I've never driven 119mph in my life.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,164
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    My luck, get pulled over for seatbelt and talk my way into a speeding ticket.  I lack the charm in person that I display on here.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Should live in Massachusetts, they can’t pull you over for that.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,206
    Options
    Acn said:
    lousubcap said:
    At the time, they couldn’t pull you over for it but they could write you a ticket for it. It was $20. 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,868
    Options
    Eoin said:
    YEMTrey said:
    Boys are so much easier.
    Girls are like a migraine that you know is coming then gets intense and then goes away.  Boys are like a constant nagging minor back pain.   
    Trouble with boys is that you know what they are thinking, usually before they do.  With girls  they are thinking about 15 different things at the same time and you only know about three of them!  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,784
    Options
    Acn said:
    lousubcap said:
    actually was pulled over for that this summer in mass in a commercial truck. 1972 chevy ramp, no shoulder harness but had the belt on =) 

pulled over for 46 in a 45, written warning,  massachusetts

crossed the inside yellow line on the inside of a divided highway during a blizzard, written warning,  massachusetts

car registration expired by 6 hours, ticket, car towed and impounded,  massachusetts

expired safety sticker, ticket, considered a moving violation, 7 years against your insurance, massachusetts

expired safety sticker, hit the gas and took off, hot pursuit, got around a corner and pulled into a dirt parking lot with a wedding party going on, ducked, no ticket, new hampshire =)

as a kid in mass, i think all that would be called harassment nowadays
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:
      shoepeg corn.

Curious, what is "shoepeg" corn?  It all looks delicious!  
    (I'm not a southerner, even tho I grew up in South Dakota)
    @botch

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoepeg_corn
    Options
    Just ordered one of these for the XL 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Turkey fillet and some veg
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    No more delaying 
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    Acn said:
    lousubcap said:
    actually was pulled over for that this summer in mass in a commercial truck. 1972 chevy ramp, no shoulder harness but had the belt on =) 

pulled over for 46 in a 45, written warning,  massachusetts

crossed the inside yellow line on the inside of a divided highway during a blizzard, written warning,  massachusetts

car registration expired by 6 hours, ticket, car towed and impounded,  massachusetts

expired safety sticker, ticket, considered a moving violation, 7 years against your insurance, massachusetts

expired safety sticker, hit the gas and took off, hot pursuit, got around a corner and pulled into a dirt parking lot with a wedding party going on, ducked, no ticket, new hampshire =)

as a kid in mass, i think all that would be called harassment nowadays
    @fishlessman, dude, that’s really some ball bustin’ right there. Folks in Mass got something screwed on too tight back then. I hope it’s still not like that. 

I got pulled over in Quincy once, on my way from the airport to Hingham. Probably 15 yrs ago or more. You exit 93 and take that drive along the shore. Just before that, right after you exit the interstate, you come around this curve and, BAM, they’ve gotcha’! I think I just got a warning; think he saw my NC license and my rental. Just bustin’ balls...
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • lousubcap
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Giving out Halloween eve candy as the weather-guessers figured we were gonna get lots of rain Weds PM.  Thus the reschedule. 
    As is the usual case, the rain expectations are sliding into the later (past 10 PM (EDT) period Weds but the projections are at least 2+" of rain so I get the audible.
    I'm sure the double-dippers will be around tomorrow.  Never mind having to be somewhat ( a loose term) presentable two days in a row.  Only once (well twice) a year.  I will survive.  Bourbon supply is gonna take a hit.  FWIW-
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Never underestimate the power of SPAM....

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Took my staff out to dinner tonight.35+ Good times. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Never underestimate the power of SPAM....

On fresh white bread, mustard, and raw onion. That was a "snow day" lunch when I was a kid.

I do not care what others think - I love it.
    Enjoy!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Costco filets and some thrown together renamed spinach 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,496
    Options
    4 lbs cut. 

20 to go. 

If you made those even slices with a handheld knife, hat's off to you, Sir!!!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...