Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @DMW the gorilla in his natural habitat would have been an HR issue? @Jeremiah clearly has a blue penis on his head! That’s screams gender inequality. :rofl:

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Nothing runs like a Deere ....

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • NC_Egghead
    Options
    Rotten tree removal.  Scary because it was so rotten it was loose and about to crash into a neighbor's kitchen.  Drilled some holes in the side of my shop's slab and put some anchors in to hold it up while removing sections from the top down. 
    @nolaegghead, anything salvageable in that pile of lumber for future projects? Looks like an old tree...
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    You'll be alright 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Rotten tree removal.  Scary because it was so rotten it was loose and about to crash into a neighbor's kitchen.  Drilled some holes in the side of my shop's slab and put some anchors in to hold it up while removing sections from the top down. 
    @nolaegghead, anything salvageable in that pile of lumber for future projects? Looks like an old tree...
    It was 70% rotten, but the intact wood was pretty with spalting, worm holes....I should have kept some for the lathe.  There is more out there, we are not done, so I'll look.  Most was trucked off this evening. 
    Options
    @Killit_and_Grillit

That Brie looks great.  Are you cooking that in a CI skillet?  Professional pics too.
    Phoenix 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    My oldest just made his first @DMW late night run to the convenience store. Came home with three bags of chips.  Poundswimkid
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    My oldest just made his first @DMW late night run to the convenience store. Came home with three bags of chips.  Poundswimkid
    I could use some Waffle House takeout right now. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Our Sheetz is closing tomorrow night for renovations and won't open until January sometime. I don't know how I'll survive. I should probably hoof it on over to get some fried pickles.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @DoubleEgger I said the same about 30 min ago.  Could tear up some hash browns right about now. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    DMW said:
    Our Sheetz is closing tomorrow night for renovations and won't open until January sometime. I don't know how I'll survive. I should probably hoof it on over to get some fried pickles.
    Uber?
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    DMW said:
    Uber?
    I could. But that would mean I'd have to drag my lazy $ss off this bar stool and watch the game on my phone. I'll go without tonight. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    DMW said:
    Frozen. Hot. Pockets.

Lava in your mouth.
    Options
    JFC!  I just opened this paint can with a bottle of hydrofluoric acid in it and it was under pressure.  The top hit the ceiling and it scared the bejesus out of me. 

Late night shop cleaning. 

Options
    DMW said:
    Frozen. Hot. Pockets.

Lava in your mouth.
    https://youtu.be/N-i9GXbptog

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    blasting said:
    @Killit_and_Grillit

That Brie looks great.  Are you cooking that in a CI skillet?  Professional pics too.
    @blasting I just put it on a small baking sheet. You could probably do it in a cast iron but the bottom might get a little toasty. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Just finished cleaning the slime out of our washing machines as one wasn't draining properly. Low temp washes and liquid detergents play hell with the plumbing.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Just finished cleaning the slime out of our washing machines as one wasn't draining properly. Low temp washes and liquid detergents play hell with the plumbing.
    Might want to try cutting down on the amount of detergent used. I believe that was our issue. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Eoin said:
    My plumber told me to quit using powdered detergent and go to the liquids, haven't had a clog since.  ???

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    I left a couple of bottles of run the @YukonRon gifted us at wing ding.  @Jeremiah mailed it to me with some other nice gifts and encouraging messages.   :) 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    I left a couple of bottles of run the @YukonRon gifted us at wing ding.  @Jeremiah mailed it to me with some other nice gifts and encouraging messages.   :) 
    That’s sweet. You have a pen pal. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    #Bitterman
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    #10 Gris doing some work this morning. 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Going to tailgate the Gamecock/Tennessee game with @northGAcock and found these in his car. Not judging but really?
    Hopefully that portends a Vol (ictory) tonight, but not counting on it.  Hopefully @northGAcock made his patented boiled peanuts for you guys.  They would be a good consolation prize for me - along with his Bloody Marys's.

Just got back from the Scenic City Eggfest in Cleveland Tn and had a remarkable good time.  Many cooks, good food, a really nice venue, nicely stocked store area and reasonably close by (2hrs).  May have to work this one in next year.

You guys have a good time.  I'll have to watch on the old OLED TV and drink.

Henry
    Making note that while my team is not very good this year....we sucked less last night. In two weeks we will be going for the Tennessee sweep as UT Chat comes a calling. Cheers!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    2 different roasts together today.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Gun Powder is excellent, and the po chos is just as good. I hope you enjoy them both. We have.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    The Publix cook had some pretty awesome tasting pork chili samples in the slow cooker.  So we got the stuff and made it. Already had most of it anyways. Got me hook, line and sinker.