Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Going to Austin, TX for TransAm race on 11/4/18.

Options
I have a friend who sponsors a TransAm car, so we're going to go out for the day. Any other Eggers in here going?
Tampa Bay, Florida

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    You mean like this one?
    Image result for smokey and the bandit trans am

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• EggbertGreenII
    Options
    No, not like a Pontiac TransAm, but a TransAm. Like this:
    Tampa Bay, Florida
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    At the risk of crossing streams between car buddies and BBQ buddies, I will be out there, and will have my car (a 74 BMW 2002tii) out at the Hagerty Show and Shine on Saturday, and catching some of the vintage and TA racing as well. 

PM me your contact info and we can see if we can meet up. 

(now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • EggbertGreenII
    Options
    20stone said:
    At the risk of crossing streams between car buddies and BBQ buddies, I will be out there, and will have my car (a 74 BMW 2002tii) out at the Hagerty Show and Shine on Saturday, and catching some of the vintage and TA racing as well. 

We'll be in the garage area with the car till a little before race time, I want to find a spot so I can photograph the race, last year I found a pretty good spot, but I can't describe to you where it is, I'll send you a photo and maybe you can figure out where I was. I will PM you details on where we'll be, love to meet you.
    Tampa Bay, Florida
  • HoustonEgger
    Options
    We live about 20 miles from COTA
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • EggbertGreenII
    Options
    We live about 20 miles from COTA
    HE, you gonna be at the race? COTA is a really nice track, one of my favorites.
    Tampa Bay, Florida
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I may tag along with @20stone if there is room. Always down to meet forum peeps. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • EggbertGreenII
    Options
    I may tag along with @20stone if there is room. Always down to meet forum peeps. 
    I hope you can do it, I'd like to meet you.
    Tampa Bay, Florida
  • EggbertGreenII
    Options
    Here's a shot taken at COTA in 2016.
    Tampa Bay, Florida
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    That's a nice pic.
    NOLA
  • EggbertGreenII
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    That's a nice pic.
    Thanks, I've noticed that my images posted on here turn out quite a bit darker than I have them on my computer. This car is actually a bright red. I'd have to look, but I believe this was taken using a Nikon D800E and a Nikkor 200-400VR lens. COTA is one of the most photogenic courses that we visit.
    Tampa Bay, Florida
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    20stone said:

Am I the only person who finds it hard to believe that @20stone has more than one set of buddies?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    That's a nice pic.

EggbertGreenII said:
    It is a nice pic. however that car is in a static position.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• EggbertGreenII
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    That's a nice pic.

EggbertGreenII said:

I agree, that shot doesn't show much movement, there is some wheel blurring, but not enough. Here's one with some wheel and background movement, taken at Virginia International Raceway, near Danville, VA. Color is better on this one too.

Tampa Bay, Florida
  • EggbertGreenII
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    That's a nice pic.

EggbertGreenII said:

I agree, that shot doesn't show much movement, there is some wheel blurring, but not enough. Here's one with some wheel and background movement, taken at Virginia International Raceway, near Danville, VA. Color is better on this one too.

Another from Sebring:

Tampa Bay, Florida
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Nice!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Am I the only person who finds it hard to believe that @20stone has more than one set of buddies?
    No one is more shocked than me. Even stranger, I have two sets of car buddies, old car people and race car people. Strangest, I was actually Jonesed by a (race) car buddy, Rob, into building and endurance racing a car (something I have toyed with repeating since).  It was all fun and games until you are grinding sound deadening material off the floor of an 80s Alfa Romeo.

Like all successful Jonesings, it was way more work, money AND fun than advertised. 
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    About 40min south of COTA is the opening weekend of Wurstfest in New Braunfels, TX. Massive Octoberfest style party.
    Gittin' there...