Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are the “forum regulars” cooking this weekend?

Options
Pizza tomorrow night for me and my family.  Doing the white ones with ricotta, brie, green apples, and truffle oil.
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    Thinking pizza tomorrow as well.  Sunday’s we usually do something low and slow as we watch football and it gives us some leftovers for lunches during the week.   Possibly a pork butt tie Sunday.  Although @bgebrent recent caveman post has me craving a steak.   
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Hoster05 said:
    Thinking pizza tomorrow as well.  Sunday’s we usually do something low and slow as we watch football and it gives us some leftovers for lunches during the week.   Possibly a pork butt tie Sunday.  Although @bgebrent recent caveman post has me craving a steak.   
    Thank you brother.  My sil is flying to town at the amazing Atlanta airport.  Babybacks for dinner tomorrow.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Eating out with friends tomorrow night. Pizza. Haven't decided about Sunday yet.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Pizza and wings on Sunday with a coconut cream pie for the wife’s birthday. Some Charcuterie too.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Have family visiting, taking them to see Statue of Liberty, Freedom Tower, Ground Zero, and whatever else we have time for tomorrow. Sunday morning planning some scrapple, eggs, pancakes on the Blackstone. Not sure what for the rest of the day yet. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    My liver, as usual. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Jeremiah said:
    My liver, as usual. 
    I’d recommend pickling liver vs cooking.
    @bgebrent you need a higher proof. #science

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrent
    Options
    DMW said:
    Have family visiting, taking them to see Statue of Liberty, Freedom Tower, Ground Zero, and whatever else we have time for tomorrow. Sunday morning planning some scrapple, eggs, pancakes on the Blackstone. Not sure what for the rest of the day yet. 
    Love NYC.  Y’all enjoy the town and the scrapple.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Tonight was Fat Head Pizza, non Egg.
    Tomorrow is French Onion Soup (Thomas Keller version), and Mussels. Non Egg.
    Sunday is ribs on the Egg. Texans v. Cowgirls Sunday night.

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @dmchicago did you put your Egg pizza stone in the oven? I did tonight and my kitchen smells smoky and funky. We did Keto pizza too. 

South of Nashville, TN

• dmchicago
    Options
    @dmchicago did you put your Egg pizza stone in the oven? I did tonight and my kitchen smells smoky and funky. We did Keto pizza too. 
    LOL...exactly what I did and I had the same smell!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    DMW said:
    If you can, plan a good 2-3 hours in the 911 Museum.  The planners and builders did a masterful job with the whole thing, from the pools to the museum itself. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Tomorrow's cook  6 racks of ribs, 15 pounds of chicken 10 tri tip 20 pounds beer brats boat load of poppers.....Celebration of Life for a friend that passed 
    My condolences. Life is too short. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    DMW said:
    If you can, plan a good 2-3 hours in the 911 Museum.  The planners and builders did a masterful job with the whole thing, from the pools to the museum itself. 
    Great advice Frank.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Back to your originally scheduled programming...likely nothing Sat but wangs for sure Sunday.  Will even produce a pic unless over-come with adult beverages. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Back to your originally scheduled programming...likely nothing Sat but wangs for sure Sunday.  Will even produce a pic unless over-come with adult beverages. 
    1 vote for the beverages.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    lkapigian said:
    Tomorrow's cook  6 racks of ribs, 15 pounds of chicken 10 tri tip 20 pounds beer brats boat load of poppers.....Celebration of Life for a friend that passed 
    Thanks and true @Jeremiah, this is the second in 3 weeks 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • dmchicago
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Good for you and sorry for your loss.

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    lkapigian said:
    So sorry brother.  Great homage.  Thoughts and best wishes to you and the family.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Well, Sir...tonight was my "make ahead" burnt ends of pork belly reheated for 90 min sous vide at 134. (I refuse to call great meals with delicious not eaten pieces "left overs")

Sat night will be prime rib on the BGE.

Sunday (NO - I don't hang my head in shame!) is a delicious chicken "casserole" which I already have an hour into prep. Yes, it will be baked in the oven. I've only been making this meal for maybe 40 years! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Pork butt, the best appetizer you'll ever eat and Buffalo chicken dip for tomorrow's tailgate. Love night games. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,344
    Options
    Ribs and SRF skirt steak. Thinking fajitas on the Blackstone 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    RRP said:
    Well, Sir...tonight was my "make ahead" burnt ends of pork belly reheated for 90 min sous vide at 134. (I refuse to call great meals with delicious not eaten pieces "left overs")

Sunday (NO - I don't hang my head in shame!) is a delicious chicken "casserole" which I already have an hour into prep. Yes, it will be baked in the oven. I've only been making this meal for maybe 40 years! 
    That all sounds pretty awesome Ron!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Ribs and SRF skirt steak. Thinking fajitas on the Blackstone 
    I like your thinking.  Gonna cook up some baby backs with Mac n cheese.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    RRP said:

Awesome, I SV mine but 10 hours 160 then press overnight with weights ...keeps the neat 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian