Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GATraveller
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I am ready for the weekend.....anyone else going, let's try and hook up.
    Some real heavy hitters in the lineup!!  Be safe and enjoy!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited September 2018
    Options
    mmmm sprouts

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    Reminding @DMW to book tix to NO
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Legume said:
    Reminding @DMW to book tix to NO
    And you?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Early morning flight to Chicago - back to back trips for the DOE this week. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    Had a 6a out to DC myself. Good times
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Early morning flight to Chicago - back to back trips for the DOE this week. 
    Good luck with it and safe travels.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    My first shot at pan pizza. Shout out to @Carolina Q for posting a link to Serious Eats pan pizza recipe in a previous pizza post. Thanks

A coworker brought in some jalapeños the other day at work. So I grabbed a handful at the end of the day. I needed to use them up somehow so I went with bbq chicken pizza.  I think it turned out descent. Going to make a couple adjustments my next cook with the crust, temp, and time. Nice change of pace from basic egg cooks here at the house. 

Would love to hear your planned adjustments as I plan on using the same recipe next week.  Thanks.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    My first flight to CLT was delayed and causing me to miss my connection. Problem solved...drove to CLT and made my connection. CLT asirport is good by my standards. It’s no Atlanta mind ya.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    My first shot at pan pizza. Shout out to @Carolina Q for posting a link to Serious Eats pan pizza recipe in a previous pizza post. Thanks

A coworker brought in some jalapeños the other day at work. So I grabbed a handful at the end of the day. I needed to use them up somehow so I went with bbq chicken pizza.  I think it turned out descent. Going to make a couple adjustments my next cook with the crust, temp, and time. Nice change of pace from basic egg cooks here at the house. 
    Would love to hear your planned adjustments as I plan on using the same recipe next week.  Thanks.
    It's mostly stuff on my end. The first issue I had was the recipe. I scaled everything out and came up short with the water. It was too dry when hand mixing. So I had to add additional water. The second issue I had was when I went to emulate the amount of olive oil in the picture they showed. I think it was too much. My crust wasn't as crispy as I was hoping for. I believe that recipe calls for 550 degrees for 12-15 minutes. I took the pie off around the 15 minute mark. The crust wasn't done. So I put the pizza back on for additional 6-8 minutes. I think this was from the excessive amount of olive oil coating the pan. (Just a guess) The mozzarella I bought came pre-sliced which I didn't realize. I would have cut thinner. More less issues on my end. I have an additional dough ball yet for tomorrow's pizza. So hopefully the small tweaks help with the crust. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GATraveller
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

It's mostly stuff on my end. The first issue I had was the recipe. I scaled everything out and came up short with the water. It was too dry when hand mixing. So I had to add additional water. The second issue I had was when I went to emulate the amount of olive oil in the picture they showed. I think it was too much. My crust wasn't as crispy as I was hoping for. I believe that recipe calls for 550 degrees for 12-15 minutes. I took the pie off around the 15 minute mark. The crust wasn't done. So I put the pizza back on for additional 6-8 minutes. I think this was from the excessive amount of olive oil coating the pan. (Just a guess) The mozzarella I bought came pre-sliced which I didn't realize. I would have cut thinner. More less issues on my end. I have an additional dough ball yet for tomorrow's pizza. So hopefully the small tweaks help with the crust. 
    Thanks.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Just got a new delivery. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    SGH said:
    Just got a new delivery. 

Whats the total count up to now? Just off the top of my head you should be able to shave until July 23, 3257

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SGH
    Options
    TEXASBGE2018 said:
    Whats the total count up to now? 
    I’m not 100% sure what the exact number is. I have some tucked away in drawers and shelves. I would say I probably have 50 different soaps though. That would be a pretty close estimate.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Working on a Delfield RIF

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    Listening to the late, great, Ottis Redding. 

Sing it brother.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Do any of y’all out there use external speakers with your phone? I bought a pair of these a while back (against my better judgment) but they turned out to be great. I absolutely love them. 

Status- Standing by.

• Legume
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I have a few UE speakers, some smaller ones that I pair with their app and the newer megaboom that I use by itself.  Love it, stays playing when I get a phone call, long playtime, waterproof, etc.

edit, I bought the Megablast, not megaboom.  
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    SGH said:
    Do any of y’all out there use external speakers with your phone? I bought a pair of these a while back (against my better judgment) but they turned out to be great. I absolutely love them. 

I bought this one and  absolutely love it.  You can even sink more than one together and have surround sound.  Plus they are waterproof.Image result for bose soundlink speaker
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • GATraveller
    Options
    SGH said:

Sing it brother.
    Another good 'ol Georgia boy.  This state has produced a helluva lot of musical talent.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Legume
    Options
    SGH said:

Sing it brother.
    Another good 'ol Georgia boy.  This state has produced a helluva lot of musical talent.
    Must be all of the pain and sadness.
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Legume said:
    SGH said:

Sing it brother.
    Must be all of the pain and sadness.
    We have had more than our share that's for sure.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    SGH said:

These are great. I've had one for about 2 years, also have a pair of their custom moulded in ear phones that I've used for 8 years now. Good quality gear.
  • SGH
    Options
    Legume said:
    I have a few UE speakers, some smaller ones that I pair with their app and the newer megaboom that I use by itself.  Love it, stays playing when I get a phone call, long playtime, waterproof, etc.

edit, I bought the Megablast, not megaboom.  
    These speakers are Apple but I use the Megaboom APP that play them. Got them for half price when I upgraded my iPhone. 

Status- Standing by.

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    My receptionist has been out for three weeks, I hate being a receptionist. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    My receptionist has been out for three weeks, I hate being a receptionist. 
    My office manager is out this week.......I feel your pain!

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SGH
    Options
    Making a meatloaf. 

Status- Standing by.