Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hurricane Florence: OT

Comments

• Basically not even a rain event in Greensboro. We watered the grass seed today. 

Our thoughts are with those not as lucky. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    DMW said:
    Fight!
    That's not gonna happen, he's taller than me.
    Just makes it easier for you to punch him in the nuts.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    DMW  We need an informed engaged electorate.
    And monkeys might fly out of my butt. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Lost power overnight and the winds haven’t even hit 20 mph yet. Got a small generator, plenty of gas, manual well pump, 2 big green eggs and plenty of lump to stick it out though.  Hoping our NC and northern SC brethren are making it through alright. 
  • Dyal_SC said:
    Lost power overnight and the winds haven’t even hit 20 mph yet. Got a small generator, plenty of gas, manual well pump, 2 big green eggs and plenty of lump to stick it out though.  Hoping our NC and northern SC brethren are making it through alright. 

I texted ya yesterday wondering how youins were doing, good to hear your doing good. We currently have clouds and a light breeze, stay safe brother.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC said:

I texted ya yesterday wondering how youins were doing, good to hear your doing good. We currently have clouds and a light breeze, stay safe brother.
    Texted you back but know cell phone reception is shotty in y’all’s area. Lemme know if you need anything and y’all stay safe too. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Dyal_SC said:
    Have power here. Welcome to drive over. Have food and beds.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC said:
    Have power here. Welcome to drive over. Have food and beds.
    Thx buddy. Power just came back on. Winds and rain still haven’t gotten too bad yet. 
  • DMW said:
    Fight!
    That's not gonna happen, he's taller than me.
    And I have bigger hands.  Much bigger.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • RDU area has largely missed the worst of this storm.  We have been very lucky.  Got some decent wind and rain yesterday, and there are a couple of downed trees and branches throughout.  But nothing serious.  

Our thoughts and prayers are with those of you in the southern part of the state and the coast, which appears to have gotten the worst of this.  The word on the street is that Duke Power is expecting that some people down there will be without power for up to ten days.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Still looking good in Lenoir, NC.. no rain yet but very cloudy, no wind just a slight breeze, temp is warm feels very nice outside. However, I have a feeling we are gonna get a ton of rain later today and tomorrow.

Lenoir, N.C.
  • piney said:
    Still looking good in Lenoir, NC.. no rain yet but very cloudy, no wind just a slight breeze, temp is warm feels very nice outside. However, I have a feeling we are gonna get a ton of rain later today and tomorrow.

Good to hear from ya! J&K

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900

Anyone happen to know of any gas stations in the Wilmington NC area with diesel?

There's a group running rescue boats there and they need to move the rescue boats to another area but the diesel trucks are low on fuel. They have people who can get the fuel and run it in. They just can't find any available at gas stations nearby.

These are the same guys who did boats rescues (Cajun Navy) last year in South Texas after the hurricane. The boats have fuel, the diesel trucks do not. The Cajun Navy was supposed to have fuel available but they failed to set it up.

Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• HeavyG said:
    Congress is corrupt, incompetent, and lazy they say. Yet, incumbents win about 90% of the time.

Clearly corporations (which have zero votes) are to blame.
    Everyone hates pork, but my guy brings pork to my district. That is why the percentage for incumbents are so high. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Toxarch said:

Anyone happen to know of any gas stations in the Wilmington NC area with diesel?

There's a group running rescue boats there and they need to move the rescue boats to another area but the diesel trucks are low on fuel. They have people who can get the fuel and run it in. They just can't find any available at gas stations nearby.

These are the same guys who did boats rescues (Cajun Navy) last year in South Texas after the hurricane. The boats have fuel, the diesel trucks do not. The Cajun Navy was supposed to have fuel available but they failed to set it up.

diesel fuel Wilmington nc

or, #2 fuel oil (same thing) #2 fuel oil wilmington nc

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Could we get back to the Hurricane in SC/NC and dump the one in DC!

Currently here in West Jefferson NC we have light rain and winds between 0 and 18 MPH, Ray's Weather is telling us things will be different tomorrow through Monday.

We are ready car full of gas, fridge temp down low, Motor Home in Walmart parking lot with fridge on LP. Our biggest fear is downed trees and loss of power. Oh and we have two full bags of Royal Oak lump and 4 BGE's Life is good...……….

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• THE DITCH IS FULL!!!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Good ol’ CNN

Yeah, it's stuff like that, and the Weather Channel bit yesterday, and the NYT guffaw re: Nikki Haley yesterday that provides ammo to the anti-MSM crowd. It's stupid and I don't know why they do it. Actually on the weather stuff, it's pretty obvious, ratings. On the NYT flub up, I think it was just sloppy editorial practices that allowed a junior journalist to get out over their skis after getting a FOIA response. They corrected it in less than two hours, but damage was done.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW said:
    Good ol’ CNN

Yeah, it's stuff like that, and the Weather Channel bit yesterday, and the NYT guffaw re: Nikki Haley yesterday that provides ammo to the anti-MSM crowd. It's stupid and I don't know why they do it. Actually on the weather stuff, it's pretty obvious, ratings. On the NYT flub up, I think it was just sloppy editorial practices that allowed a junior journalist to get out over their skis after getting a FOIA response. They corrected it in less than two hours, but damage was done.
    Naaaaw, they're corrupt.

In their defense I would estimate that there MAY be 50% of MSM stuff that is not self-interest driven, but good luck determining which is which, who, what, where, when.

Is that the Vanderbilt trust fund kid wading in the pig poo water?

Gittin' there...
  • HeavyG
    DMW said:
    Good ol’ CNN

Naaaaw, they're corrupt.

In their defense I would estimate that there MAY be 50% of MSM stuff that is not self-interest driven, but good luck determining which is which, who, what, where, when.

That picture of Cooper is ten years old and taken after Hurricane Ike in Texas. I have no idea if Texas raises as many pigs as North Carolina but I guess there could be pig poo in that water.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG said:
    DMW said:
    Good ol’ CNN

Naaaaw, they're corrupt.

That picture of Cooper is ten years old and taken after Hurricane Ike in Texas. I have no idea if Texas raises as many pigs as North Carolina but I guess there could be pig poo in that water.
    So Anderson Copper is legit now? Got it.
  • "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG said:
    DMW said:
    Good ol’ CNN

Naaaaw, they're corrupt.

So Anderson Copper is legit now? Got it.
    That you could come to that conclusion from what I said is telling.

• Carolina guys how we doing??? Looks pretty serious in a lot of areas, 20-30 inches of rain and the rivers aren't scheduled to crest for another day or two. Just checking in @Dyal_SC @northGAcock @NC_Egghead @Jupiter Jim @piney
    LBGE
    AL
  • @TideEggHead, thanks for asking. The report from our beach neighbors is we faired well. The power company was there yesterday afternoon and the power was back on. Some of the images/video we saw was incredible. Main roads were totally breached and impassable. Our friends from Raleigh have a house they think may have been flooded, but with all the road closures, it’s almost impossible to get there. We got about 11” of rain over the past couple of days in Charlotte. It rained hard from last night through this afternoon and I wandered out a couple of times this am to clear a clogged gutter and downspout pipe to keep the water away from my house (and Egg) as best I could. There is a lot of flooding in Union county which is just south of us. Hoping everyone else is staying as dry and safe as possible. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • Raining about an inch an hour in Greensboro - basement is flooded. Hoping power stays On. Nothing like some cities and what some people are going through..... our hearts are with them. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Very good here. For us inland here in Columbia, it was a wet and windy event. Checking my rain gauge this morning, we had 2 3/4 inches of rain. This was spread out over about 40 hours of rainfall so minor in the big scheme of things. We had power and a lot of forced relaxation. That was not a bad thing. We were under flash flood warnings but honestly don’t believe I am aware of any issues in the area. My biggest inconvience was my Gamecocks did not play on Saturday which was the right call by those decision makers. So really we are fortunate. 

The northern most part of the S.C. coast and on into North Carolina is a mess. I stand with our Carolina neighbors wishing the best for our residents upon their return. Realistically it will not be good. I am in the fortunate camp here....prayers and thoughts go out to those who expierenced major losses. Some of the deaths are truly heart breaking. Flooding as you noted, will be the big concern for the week as the tributaries from the heavy rain areas flow down into our state.

Let me say that the job the governor and the state authorities did was fantastic. The citizens of the Carolinas were well informed and prepared......as for those who did not listen....I don’t get it. For those who could listen but do nothing about it, I am saddened. Looking forward to getting back outside for some egging. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Report from my good friends in Litchfield Beach, 30 minutes south of Myrtle Beach: They were forced to evacuate on Tues.  Returned home yesterday.  Power is on and no damage other than tree limbs.  They're only 2 blocks from the ocean.  They got real lucky. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius.