Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Folding canvas chairs are for passing out drunk in. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    After a month or so the Javelin Pro made its journey in the mail. Not a bad deal for $29.99 if you don't mind the wait with
    Massdrop. The backlit screen will be a nice upgrade from my original Thermapen. It's been over 8 years with my Thermapen. That thermometer doesn't owe me a dime.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Go Army, Beat Duke @JohnInCarolina

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Sitting here wishing I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard the word maverick over the past week. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    @Sea2Ski, @Killit_and_Grillit, here is a pic of one if the other mounts 

These guys decided to make their home in my companies courtyard. Now no one can go out there because these guys are apparently protected. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    This long weekend needs to get started
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,761
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    This long weekend needs to get started
    you just twisted my arm, im outa here B)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited August 2018
    Options
    The KJ Roadshow was at my local Costco today... you know I poo poo'd them at first, but I got a long hard look at the XL version and walked away impressed. I really like the band and hinge system and the gasket.  The band itself seems far more beefy and stable at quick glance. Don't like the plastic handle tho.  The deep red was far more aesthetically pleasing than the baby puke green on my BGE.  I don't regret my purchase, but if I was buying over again I would be a tougher choice. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    The KJ Roadshow was at my local Costco today... you know I poo poo'd them at first, but I got a long hard look at the XL version and walked away impressed. I really like the band and hinge system and the gasket.  The band itself seems far more beefy and stable at quick glance. Don't like the plastic handle tho.  The deep red was far more aesthetically pleasing than the baby puke green on my BGE.  I don't regret my purchase, but if I was buying over again I would be a tougher choice. 

Your egg is Booger Green? I think you got a knock off. Mine is a rich forest green like the mountains of Colorado or the rolling hills of Ireland. I think you need to ask for a refund.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I put my two weeks in at work this morning
    Congrats.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Good for you. I know you weren’t happy in your current gig. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Very nice, @milesvdustin Happy for you!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    Enjoy the transition to your new job.  Change is a good thing (until you get too old  =)  ).
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @TexasBGE from that angle those look just like hen mallards
  • SonVolt
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Your egg is Booger Green? I think you got a knock off. Mine is a rich forest green like the mountains of Colorado or the rolling hills of Ireland. I think you need to ask for a refund.

The red was just really nice looking comparatively, forrest green is kinda dull IMO. It certainly wasn't cheaper tho and came with all the adjustable crap I'd never use.  Just saying my opinion of KJ went up a notch after spending more time with them today. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Prepping for weekend pizza 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options

I thought it was a wing throw down?
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Legume said:
    I thought it was a wing throw down?
    We’ve got family coming in for the weekend. No Wing Ding for me this year. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    Acn said:
    That made the MSM this evening and I am most appreciative of that.  Good for the Brits to give us a little instruction in class these days.  I am not crossing the line in view of the level of this thread. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Got a new shirt. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options

That's gonna be some fine za brother.  Enjoy your family.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just got the brisket trimmed and rubbed and it's back in the fridge for another few hours.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Enjoy that bad boy Dwayne!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Lit said:
    Got a new shirt. 
    "Aubergine Selphie" WBAGNFARB!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SonVolt
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Drooling over the 2 Prime tomahawk Ribeyes I picked up at Costco today. And drinking an Old Fashioned w/Buffalo Trace from my new favorite book on cocktails -  Liquid Intelligence by Dave Arnold. This is the best book on cocktails I've ever read. This guys has the Kenji/FoodLab approach to liquor and it's fascinating.  He's also the same dude that invented the SearzAll.