Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Atlanta Grill Company no longer BGE?

Options

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,688
    Options
    Ya apparently it’s all stainless too. 
    No, not any more.  The new Pro Joe looks like a really big classic with stainless hardware.  I'll get a pic of it.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    No, not any more.  The new Pro Joe looks like a really big classic with stainless hardware.  I'll get a pic of it.
    Ohh, I didn't realize that one was old. I kept wondering why no one had them in stock when I tried to find them for sale.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    FWIW BGE gave them an ultimatum - “us or them.” AGC chose “them.” 
    And that’s fine. That’s business. Taking the low road with that billboard is another story. 
    Don't see that as the low road. Their hand was forced by pure pressure. They chose the freedom to sell what they wanted to sell in their store. I respect their freedom to choose. Just like the red white and blue you fly.
    It’s not about the choice that was made. It’s about how you carry yourself once you’ve made a choice. 
    I was basing my comment on a different billboard. I apologize.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Here are the billboards in question:

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,236
    Options

Nothing disparaging in the first pic. There’s a Dairy Queen in that pic. That billboard is a mile and half from AGC. 

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    I feel like the big green egg country one is valid since they are based in Atlanta, where is kamado based?

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• GATraveller
    Options

Nothing disparaging in the first pic. There’s a Dairy Queen in that pic. That billboard is a mile and half from AGC. 

Agreed.  If you just had your biggest retailer stop carrying your product then why would it be an issue to advertise where your product can be found in that market.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Kent8621 said:
    I feel like the big green egg country one is valid since they are based in Atlanta, where is kamado based?
    Also in the Atlanta area, just a few miles from BGE.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• DoubleEgger
    edited August 2018
    Options
    How did AGC become the top retailer after carrying Joe’s for a month or two? Seems like a bold statement. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Anyone whose ever dealt with the guys who work at AGS know this is on par with how they operate.  They're all a bunch of d!cks.
    I’ve dealt with them a lot and have never had any issues. Took a couple buddies in there not long ago right when they started carrying KJ and they still had eggs and they were showing them all the differences and options. Can’t wait till the new store opens. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,368
    Options
    Ohh, I didn't realize that one was old. I kept wondering why no one had them in stock when I tried to find them for sale.
    They quit making those years ago. According to the head of the company they only made about a dozen of them if I remember correctly.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    They quit making those years ago. According to the head of the company they only made about a dozen of them if I remember correctly.

ya my research into this matter was about 5 seconds of google searching and clicking on the 1st link I saw.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Matt Pittman has, I think jumped ship to Traggers. 
    This is true. Taking a class with him in a few weeks. Just wanted to see how he rolls. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Matt Pittman has, I think jumped ship to Traggers. 
    This is true. Taking a class with him in a few weeks. Just wanted to see how he rolls. 
    Can't wait to hear how it goes. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options

I don't see anything wrong with any of these billboards?
    Boom
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,795
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with any of these billboards?
    There is nothing wrong with the billboards. It’s just a marketing gimmick. Nothing more. You see it all of the time with other products. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,688
    Options
    "Tooshay" is the proper answer.  :)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,204
    Options
    The KJ billboard bothers me because the arrow is not pointing at the BGE sign.  It is pointing to the right.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Shame on Pepsi for taking the low road in its advertising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4gsLVjI9jY

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    The KJ billboard bothers me because the arrow is not pointing at the BGE sign.  It is pointing to the right.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Of course a shill for KJ doesn’t see an issue...
  • GATraveller
    Options
    The arrow is pointing at the actual headquarters building. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    Options
    Slow week in the ATL I guess.

It’s clever, snarky, something a younger company that’s trying to catch up would do.  Can’t imagine why anyone here would get their parties in a wad over it.  KJ taking their shot, whatever.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Legume said:

It’s clever, snarky, something a younger company that’s trying to catch up would do.  Can’t imagine why anyone here would get their parties in a wad over it.  KJ taking their shot, whatever.
    I can call out someone for taking the low road without my panties being in a wad. I think it’s a low class billboard. Others may disagree. That’s cool too. 
  • distanceman
    Options
    @DoubleEgger I agree with ya. Makes me want to just pull the trigger and get a Minimax to add to my XL. I once was a big KJ fan, but now personally think KJ is a bush league company, and has some major growing pains to work through. 
    Located Middle GA

Current: XL w/ Woo & 17" Half Moon Plates, SMOBOT

RIP: Weber 22" Kettle, Slow 'n Sear, Akorn Jr., Pit Barrel Cooker
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Legume said:

You could probably fit the number of people who really care on one bus. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Legume said:

You could probably fit the number of people who really care on one bus. 
    I bet you could fit the number of daily commuters who recognize that billboard as KJ advertising on that one bus. I doubt very serious anyone sees Kamado Joe written in tiny letters when they are zipping by on the interstate. It wasn’t meant to advertise in any way. It’s just a frat house retaliatory move. That sign is also 17 miles across metro Atlanta from AGC.  That’s a 25 min drive with no traffic and well over an hour with it. 
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    All the billboards here in So Cal are for lawyers (en español) or legal marijuana shops so I’d welcome some competitive humor.  Never been one to really pay attention to marketing but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night and saved 15% on my auto insurance after only a 15 minute call to Geico.  
  • HeavyG
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Of course a shill for KJ and Pepsi doesn’t see an issue...
    FTFY

I'm sure you're using "shill" as a compliment (high road) rather than as an insult (low road) of course. :)