Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Atlanta Grill Company no longer BGE?

Comments

• Possumtrot
    Possumtrot Posts: 245
    edited June 2018
    Same thing here  - large base cracked (only 16 yrs old) - continued to use it for a year or two, then decided to get a replacement.  Dealer said it might take a week or three - arrived in 10 days.  Don't like having to drive over 30 miles - but hassle free.  Good dealers are priceless.  OTH, have had warranty on KJ Jr. twice - same thing - no hassles and quick response. Just got XL in Hiawassee - hopefully will have same experiences.
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 578
    I use Chim Chinney in League city TX and they sitll provide great BGE service and have a good supply of new ones.  I asked about any intent to go KJ and they said not as long they get the type of service from BGE as at present.  They do carry some pellet smokers also.
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • FWIW BGE gave them an ultimatum - “us or them.” AGC chose “them.” 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,726
    FWIW BGE gave them an ultimatum - “us or them.” AGC chose “them.” 
    And that’s fine. That’s business. Taking the low road with that billboard is another story. 
  • Billboard simply states that they used to sell bge and now sell kJ 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    everything being in one place was nice to see but some of the prices could have been better, I stopped there once and that was enough for me. 

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    And that’s fine. That’s business. Taking the low road with that billboard is another story. 
    Someone mentioned on the faceblock group the the billboard was in response to one BGE put up above their store. I believe there’s more to this story than we know. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Kinda weird that in the Age of Trump™ a funny billboard is considered "taking the low road".

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DoubleEgger
    HeavyG said:
    Kinda weird that in the Age of Trump™ a funny billboard is considered "taking the low road".

Way to bring it home as usual.  :|
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    KJ owner just posted this to FB.

another gen.  Aside from the obvious dimensional changes, I wonder what else is new. 

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Sure you can go buy a Pelican with more features or a cheaper RTIC, but you don’t get the same street cred as hauling a Yeti around Panama City Beach in your jacked up F 250.  
    This is why I haul a Pelican, Yeti and RTIC at the same time in my jacked up F250. It doesn’t matter what crowd I pull up in, I’m still cool because I have one of each cooler =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• HeavyG
    johnnyp said:
    KJ owner just posted this to FB.

another gen.  Aside from the obvious dimensional changes, I wonder what else is new. 

Also appears that there will be a new design cart for it. Has room on the bottom for their new "swirly vortex diverter" thingy.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,705
    I just saw the new Pro Joe......pretty impressive.  It's the diameter of a Big Joe, but much taller.  So they have multiple levels of racking with no worries about the height.  Kind of like a cross between a drum and a kamado.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    I just saw the new Pro Joe......pretty impressive.  It's the diameter of a Big Joe, but much taller.  So they have multiple levels of racking with no worries about the height.  Kind of like a cross between a drum and a kamado.
    Sounds like a good idea to me. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Grillinois
    Grillinois Posts: 165
    #triggerd
    Joliet, IL
    Large, Mini, Stoker, Smobot
  • HeavyG
    A local dealer got one in his store in late July. Pretty nice.

Multiple levels seems to be a requirement these days. Even Komodo Kamado has been redesigning their domes in order to better handle more levels.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,187
    I bet you could use a 55 gallon drum to make a wicked smoker.  I wonder if anyone has tried?

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

I looked for more info on these two new grills - couldn't find anything.  I did stumple across the price for that multi piece fire box and fire ring $95.99 ( free shipping).  I just paid 138+ tax for a medium firebox.  With a fire ring and tax it would have been way more than double the kj.  

Maybe something about parts pricing should be on the next billboard.

Phoenix 
  • DoubleEgger
    I assume they are trying to increase the cooking area as a response to the overwhelmingly popular pellet droppers. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,212
    Kamado Joe get's taller and adds more grates for the consumer. Big Green Egg chops down the small and calls it innovative. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,118
    Don't see that as the low road. Their hand was forced by pure pressure. They chose the freedom to sell what they wanted to sell in their store. I respect their freedom to choose. Just like the red white and blue you fly.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • DoubleEgger
    edited August 2018
    Photo Egg said:
    Don't see that as the low road. Their hand was forced by pure pressure. They chose the freedom to sell what they wanted to sell in their store. I respect their freedom to choose. Just like the red white and blue you fly.
    It’s not about the choice that was made. It’s about how you carry yourself once you’ve made a choice. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Anyone whose ever dealt with the guys who work at AGS know this is on par with how they operate.  They're all a bunch of d!cks.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    Anyone whose ever dealt with the guys who work at AGS know this is on par with how they operate.  They're all a bunch of d!cks.
    It’s like a frat house in there. 
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,705

Which billboard are you guys all talking about?  Apparently there are two different ones.
  • DoubleEgger

Which billboard are you guys all talking about?  Apparently there are two different ones.
    The one I’m talking about is posted in the what are you doing now thread. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    That definitely sounds interesting...this is hearsay but I googled and found something on another Kamado forum that said the estimated price is $3699.  Ouch. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Ya apparently it’s all stainless too. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.