Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Lambo posts and a thought-Ever bought a make of a car when that was first time you drove it?

lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,168
Sorry for the truncated question but the Buffalo has limits...
Wondering how many here have bought a car after the first drive in that make/model?  Been there and done that more than once.  Never have purchased a repeat make.   Others? 
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Yep.  First Porsche I drove was the one I bought.  Same with my first Saab, first Fiat, first Alpha....I can make a long list.

And not one of them are in my garage. Impulses purchases and wives are like precursors to superfund sites. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Brother Cap, I can’t say that I have. But on a similar note, I bought the Muhle R41 on first sight. Even my untrained and inexperienced eyes knows quality when I see it. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    how about bought and then determined if you like them???  Many, Many motorcycles .... 1961 MGA (Like still in stable), 1967 MGB (working on it), 1971 TR6 (like still in stable...)

Drive and bought.... 911 Porsche!!! STILL IN LOVE!!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @SGH- not even that Money Wagon??  No surprise with the muhle purchase!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited August 2018
    Yep, done it a few times.
    1998 S10 ZR2, brand new off the lot
    Chrysler Pacifca, used, can't remember the year offhand
    2009 Chevy Impala SS, new off the lot
    Most recent, 2014 Honda Civic, not new. Picked it up back in Feb and it's been a great daily driver, takes half the gas of my truck.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    edited August 2018
    Ok, Chrysler Pacifica takes it.  @DMW wins.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Yes here also - 1979 RX7 way back in the day.  My current 4Runner as well. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • SGH
    lousubcap said:
    True story here. I bought the Money Wagon without even seeing it. I owned it outright 8 days before I even laid eyes on it. I found it on the internet and had my local Ford dealer take delivery of it for me. I paid for it up front and when it arrived in MS it stayed at the Ford dealer for a few days while they added a few extras to the truck that they agreed to throw in if I paid cash for the truck. I’m 54 years old and that’s the first time that I have been able to do something like that in my life. The fact that I had been working for SHELL oil the previous 7 months was the only reason I could swing it. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• dopey
    dopey Posts: 201
    Every vehicle we've purchased was test driven to see if it was what we needed.  08 bought a Toyota Highlander when wifes Volvo S60 wasn't going to be a family vehicle.  Ten years later when kiddos are 9 & 7 we need more back room seating and I gotta spend more money on a third row with more room.

Toyota: make the third row bigger
    Honda: should have made your pilot not so ugly in your earlier model years and I might have bought one before 2018

But.. never thought of a lambo or anything close to that nature, I still try to drink $20 handles of liqqa
    What I do when I'm black out drunk is none of my business...

John Central CT
  • SGH
    Yep.  First Porsche I drove was the one I bought.  Same with my first Saab, first Fiat, first Alpha....I can make a long list.
    If had just half of your money I would do the very same thing. 

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    SGH said:
    lousubcap said:
    True story here. I bought the Money Wagon without even seeing it. I owned it outright 8 days before I even laid eyes on it. I found it on the internet and had my local Ford dealer take delivery of it for me. I paid for it up front and when it arrived in MS it stayed at the Ford dealer for a few days while they added a few extras to the truck that they agreed to throw in if I paid cash for the truck. I’m 54 years old and that’s the first time that I have been able to do something like that in my life. The fact that I had been working for SHELL oil the previous 7 months was the only reason I could swing it. 
    I have heard that there's no advantage to pay cash because they are definitely not going to make any money off the financing.
    Somebody's making money off the upcharges with financing.  But if you can score the "0" % rate then not.  But the $$ are with the service dept or so I have been led to believe.
    Perhaps some industry insiders will be along...
  • SGH
    I have heard that there's no advantage to pay cash because they are definitely not going to make any money off the financing.
    I don’t know how true that is or isn’t. I can only speak for the purchase and deal that I made. They were asking 55,000 for the Wagon. They agreed to take 51,500 and some cents if I bought it outright. They even threw in the running boards and 18” rims. 

Status- Standing by.

• @nolaegghead is cash and carry  =)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SGH
    @nolaegghead is cash and carry  =)
    He has problems, but money isn’t one of them.  

Status- Standing by.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    edited August 2018
    I worked at a Equipment dealership years ago and the finance plans were something like, if we sold a 0% loan we paid 1 or 2 points, if we sold a 6.75% loan the bank would kick us back a couple points. The customer was either approved for a loan or not so...
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DMW
    I sell hvac, we do “0%” financing. Yeah, its 0% after we mark it up 15% to cover our buydown cost to utilize that zero percent financing. In the end, you are still paying for it. 
    Preach
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    I sell hvac, we do “0%” financing. Yeah, its 0% after we mark it up 15% to cover our buydown cost to utilize that zero percent financing. In the end, you are still paying for it. 
    I agree. Everything is so marked up they could sell it for half price and still turn an obscene profit. 

Status- Standing by.

• Oooo let’s not get carried away most places I deal with only double their money 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I bought my Camaro without seeing it in person. Had it shipped in from Des Moines. 
  • DMW
    I bought my Camaro without seeing it in person. Had it shipped in from Des Moines. 
    Yeah, but that was a pretty sweet project car. You did it right.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Bought my current 4Runner 13 years ago after taking a 5min test drive. She’s been with me ever since.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    I'm still hating myself for letting my '67 Camaro convertible go when I was in college.  I had to pay the bills.
    edited August 2018
    My last 2 Tacomas  were bought over the phone with me only looking at them via internet pics.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Now that takes some balls. Especially an old classic car from the salt belt
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    DMW said:
    Yeah, but that was a pretty sweet project car. You did it right.
    I didn’t know it was going to be a project at the time... 
  • That’s a better thread... what was the car you regret letting go? 
     Mine was a 86 f250 302 $3k paint job dual exhaust. My first truck all the rest since I have never looked back but that one man o man
    South of Columbus, Ohio.