Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hatch Valley Chile’s have been doing their thing...

Options
northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited July 2018 in Off Topic
....shipping starts this weekend. Get on board.  Hatch Valley is the Napa Valley of green chile.

Brought to you by some fool in SC who loves him some Chile’s 
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,758
    Options
    They look great ! smoke them dehydrate them pickle them , I'd use them up
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    I, amazingly, have never tried a Hatch chili.  What's it all about?  Are they hot?  Is it some special flavor?
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Yesssssss..........
    I love me some green chile ________________. (Doesn’t matter what you put in the blank).
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • northGAcock
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I, amazingly, have never tried a Hatch chili.  What's it all about?  Are they hot?  Is it some special flavor?
    If you don't wan't to roast them yourself, grab you some from 505Chile.com 

I get the fire roasted ones and they add tremendous flavor. They may pack a little heat....but usually nothing overbearing. Just damn good flavor. You can also order mild, medium or hot.

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    Cool.  Thanks.
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    If you're in Dallas, Austin or Houston and near a Central Market, the annual Hatch Chili Festival begins August 9th.

The Hatch Chili Pimento Cheese Dip is a favorite.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • northGAcock
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    If you're in Dallas, Austin or Houston and near a Central Market, the annual Hatch Chili Festival begins August 9th.

The Hatch Chili Pimento Cheese Dip is a favorite.
    Never had it....but perhaps i might take a cut an making some myself. Appreciate the idea.

• JKellar
    JKellar Posts: 91
    Options
    ....shipping starts this weekend. Get on board.  Hatch Valley is the Napa Valley of green chile.

Where is the best place to order these? I received a jar once as a gift but haven't had any since.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Love this time of year. Our H-E-B roasts them out front. Smells heavenly.  We buy a ton and freeze them. It’s nice being so close to New Mexico. #wordspeopledontsaytoooften
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • northGAcock
    Options
    JKellar said:

Where is the best place to order these? I received a jar once as a gift but haven't had any since.
    Go with Google. Here is the first one I pulled up....

https://www.hatch-green-chile.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwkYDbBRB6EiwAR0T_-shEOvjqZhnjC8Ey0kBA7i-i91V4bfcYmUytptdkdXa5zkNFXPoIKhoCv3YQAvD_BwE

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Love this time of year. Our H-E-B roasts them out front. Smells heavenly.  We buy a ton and freeze them. It’s nice being so close to New Mexico. #wordspeopledontsaytoooften
    I used to spend time in Raton, NM when chilis were in season. They would roast them at the grocery and you could smell them all over town. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Heading to Santa Fe on Thursday, will be picking up some fresh ones
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Went to Central Market today and they have started setting up their roasting barrels!

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • JKellar
    JKellar Posts: 91
    Options
    JKellar said:

Go with Google. Here is the first one I pulled up....

https://www.hatch-green-chile.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwkYDbBRB6EiwAR0T_-shEOvjqZhnjC8Ey0kBA7i-i91V4bfcYmUytptdkdXa5zkNFXPoIKhoCv3YQAvD_BwE
    I found this site as well. Any experience with them? Pretty great that they do free shipping. 
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Made the mistake of ordering all Lumbre'  Extra hot.  Too hot for most dishes.   I love spicy but too hot limited my dish selection
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    When I was a kid the "Back-to-School" sales at Target and Sears signified the end of summer, in a bad way.
    Since living in Albuturkey, the green chile roasts now signify the end of summer, in a GOOD way!  Ready and waiting for my annual bushel!    

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• northGAcock
    Options
    Botch said:
    When I was a kid the "Back-to-School" sales at Target and Sears signified the end of summer, in a bad way.
    Since living in Albuturkey, the green chile roasts now signify the end of summer, in a GOOD way!  Ready and waiting for my annual bushel!    
    Go for greatness! 

• NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Chili’s are in

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    First box just got wheeled out by the manager at Sprouts. He said they should get a full shipment next week but Nashville is one of the last places to get them. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• northGAcock
    Options
    First box just got wheeled out by the manager at Sprouts. He said they should get a full shipment next week but Nashville is one of the last places to get them. 
    Smart strategy (Nashville) if you ask me. ;)