Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Hatch Valley Chile’s have been doing their thing...

northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 11,504
edited July 31 in Off Topic
....shipping starts this weekend. Get on board.  Hatch Valley is the Napa Valley of green chile.

Brought to you by some fool in SC who loves him some Chile’s 
Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.”

Comments

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 4,271
    They look great ! smoke them dehydrate them pickle them , I'd use them up
    Visalia, Ca
  • Cookbook_ChipCookbook_Chip Posts: 1,257
    I, amazingly, have never tried a Hatch chili.  What's it all about?  Are they hot?  Is it some special flavor?
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 3,737
    Yesssssss..........
    I love me some green chile ________________. (Doesn’t matter what you put in the blank).
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 11,504
    edited July 31
    I, amazingly, have never tried a Hatch chili.  What's it all about?  Are they hot?  Is it some special flavor?
    If you don't wan't to roast them yourself, grab you some from 505Chile.com 

I get the fire roasted ones and they add tremendous flavor. They may pack a little heat....but usually nothing overbearing. Just damn good flavor. You can also order mild, medium or hot.

• Cookbook_ChipCookbook_Chip Posts: 1,257
    Cool.  Thanks.
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • dmchicagodmchicago Posts: 1,405
    If you're in Dallas, Austin or Houston and near a Central Market, the annual Hatch Chili Festival begins August 9th.

The Hatch Chili Pimento Cheese Dip is a favorite.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
    dmchicago said:
    If you're in Dallas, Austin or Houston and near a Central Market, the annual Hatch Chili Festival begins August 9th.

The Hatch Chili Pimento Cheese Dip is a favorite.
    Never had it....but perhaps i might take a cut an making some myself. Appreciate the idea.

• JKellarJKellar Posts: 40
    ....shipping starts this weekend. Get on board.  Hatch Valley is the Napa Valley of green chile.

Where is the best place to order these? I received a jar once as a gift but haven't had any since.
  • Love this time of year. Our H-E-B roasts them out front. Smells heavenly.  We buy a ton and freeze them. It’s nice being so close to New Mexico. #wordspeopledontsaytoooften
    Midland, TX XLBGE
    JKellar said:

Where is the best place to order these? I received a jar once as a gift but haven't had any since.
    Go with Google. Here is the first one I pulled up....

https://www.hatch-green-chile.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwkYDbBRB6EiwAR0T_-shEOvjqZhnjC8Ey0kBA7i-i91V4bfcYmUytptdkdXa5zkNFXPoIKhoCv3YQAvD_BwE

• SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 3,737
    Love this time of year. Our H-E-B roasts them out front. Smells heavenly.  We buy a ton and freeze them. It’s nice being so close to New Mexico. #wordspeopledontsaytoooften
    I used to spend time in Raton, NM when chilis were in season. They would roast them at the grocery and you could smell them all over town. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • NCSmokyNCSmoky Posts: 268
    Heading to Santa Fe on Thursday, will be picking up some fresh ones
    Charlotte  NC - XL LG Med Mini MM 
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 2,091
    Went to Central Market today and they have started setting up their roasting barrels!

Southlake, TX, and Cowhouse Creek, Gatesville, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • JKellarJKellar Posts: 40
    JKellar said:

Go with Google. Here is the first one I pulled up....

https://www.hatch-green-chile.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwkYDbBRB6EiwAR0T_-shEOvjqZhnjC8Ey0kBA7i-i91V4bfcYmUytptdkdXa5zkNFXPoIKhoCv3YQAvD_BwE
    I found this site as well. Any experience with them? Pretty great that they do free shipping. 
  • "Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• stv8rstv8r Posts: 725
    Made the mistake of ordering all Lumbre'  Extra hot.  Too hot for most dishes.   I love spicy but too hot limited my dish selection
  • BotchBotch Posts: 7,019
    When I was a kid the "Back-to-School" sales at Target and Sears signified the end of summer, in a bad way.
    Since living in Albuturkey, the green chile roasts now signify the end of summer, in a GOOD way!  Ready and waiting for my annual bushel!    

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    Botch said:
    When I was a kid the "Back-to-School" sales at Target and Sears signified the end of summer, in a bad way.
    Since living in Albuturkey, the green chile roasts now signify the end of summer, in a GOOD way!  Ready and waiting for my annual bushel!    
    Go for greatness! 

• NCSmokyNCSmoky Posts: 268
    Chili’s are in

Charlotte  NC - XL LG Med Mini MM 
  • First box just got wheeled out by the manager at Sprouts. He said they should get a full shipment next week but Nashville is one of the last places to get them. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

First box just got wheeled out by the manager at Sprouts. He said they should get a full shipment next week but Nashville is one of the last places to get them. 
    Smart strategy (Nashville) if you ask me. ;)