Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs

YukonRon
YukonRon Posts: 16,984
Last nights dinner party:
Local honey and preserves with some smoked cheeses and smoked salami to start the appetizersThen the ribs came off the XL, 3 racks of BBs
My game is back.....
"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
Louisville, Kentucky

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Your game was never gone.  Great feast for a great reason brother.  Nice work.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    Later that evening, we took it outside to the firepit for Cabernet and S'mores....it went very late into the night.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Helluva spread Ron, looks like a great time
  • YukonRon
    Just a shout out to @johnnyp......
    Beautiful package delivered to you my friend. Suzy and I are so very happy for you and Brook. Your world is much different today, it is so much better, and so much better for us all.
    Congrats to a wonderful Mother and Father.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    bgebrent said:
    Your game was never gone.  Great feast for a great reason brother.  Nice work.
    Thank you Brent. Means a lot. Hoping to see you and Nicole at Bourbon and Beyond in September.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    Epic!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    Helluva spread Ron, looks like a great time
    It was a great time. This lady was an inspiration to us all.
    Thank you for the kind words....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Epic!
    @JohnInCarolina - I am hoping your travel situation gets better. Man, what a hassle. Been there. Hate it.
    I am about an hour and a half away from Cincinnati, if there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Thanks for checking out the meal.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    That meal looks fantastic!!! You nailed it. That tomato pie- I need more information please.

I bet the SG cab went fantastic with those S’mores.
    Funny story about that vineyard.  The owner was on our honeymoon cruise. We did not know it then our waiter told us after we ordered a bottle of it. We asked if we could meet him. He came over during dessert and chatted a bit. So here we are floating somewhere at sea on the pacific side of Central America, he is living in CA and I in PA only to learn we grew up about 4 miles from each other. Crazy. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • YukonRon
    Sea2Ski said:
    That meal looks fantastic!!! You nailed it. That tomato pie- I need more information please.

I bet the SG cab went fantastic with those S’mores.
    Funny story about that vineyard.  The owner was on our honeymoon cruise. We did not know it then our waiter told us after we ordered a bottle of it. We asked if we could meet him. He came over during dessert and chatted a bit. So here we are floating somewhere at sea on the pacific side of Central America, he is living in CA and I in PA only to learn we grew up about 4 miles from each other. Crazy. 
    @Sea2Ski
    Coolest story of the week, thank you for sharing. 

The person that brought the wine to the party last night, was a Sonoma fire survivor. She and her partner, were in the Hotel, when someone was running down the hall pounding on the doors, yelling for people to get out and run for their lives.
    They got out just as the fire consumed the hotel they were staying in. They watched it burn to the ground.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @YukonRon - never a doubt about how the evening would go given the thought and effort you and Suzy put into ensuring a celebratory time.  The groceries look great.  Game never left.
    I'm sure the fellowship was inspirational.  Once again congratulations for making this happen.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    YukonRon said:
    Later that evening, we took it outside to the firepit for Cabernet and S'mores....it went very late into the night.
    I just finished a great BLT.....I am always one step behind you Ron. Beautiful evening.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    nice work Ron!  what was the rib method of choice this time?   
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Sounds like an excellent time was had by all :)

but that fire looks like it could do with a vat of oil thrown on it :whistle:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • YukonRon
    @lousubcap
    Thank you for the kind words, it was a great evening with great news. Celebration of her health and also a toast to the bundle of joy for Brooke and JohnnyP.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    @northGAcock
    It was a beautiful evening in July, which is a rare event, typically it is too hot and muggy. It worked out really well for us.
    I have another pound of bacon thawing as we speak. 
    BLTs are what Chuck Norris eats before he kicks asz.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    edited July 2018
    caliking said:
    Sounds like an excellent time was had by all :)

but that fire looks like it could do with a vat of oil thrown on it :whistle:

@caliking @ki@Killit_and_Grillit @nolaegghead
    And a couple other friends drinking and pouring Bourbon Slushies in the most awkward of ways...  

I laughed so hard when I read this.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    GoooDawgs said:
    nice work Ron!  what was the rib method of choice this time?   
    Nothing special, I used the last of my blended rub, a combination 2:1 of Bonesuckingsauce rub with Pig Dust, and topped that with some Tony's, placed all three racks on the CGS racks @225F for 5 hours, smoked with peach. No spray, no wrap, just let it ride.
    As Frank @lousubcap would say, "Toothpick for the win."
    Tender and juicy results. Easy.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    I was expecting something off topic. 

Congrats to your friend. 
  • YukonRon
    GrillSgt said:
    I was expecting something off topic. 

Congrats to your friend. 
    Thank you. She still has a lot to work through, but it was great news.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Man, that was some ELEGANT and wonderful spread!  Way, way cool!
  • YukonRon
    @Theophan
    Thank you for the kind words. My Beautiful Wife loves hosting dinner parties. I love to cook for others, so we blend together pretty well.
    Last night was fun. Very good friends and a couple of reasons to celebrate.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon said:
    I just finished a great BLT.....I am always one step behind you Ron. Beautiful evening.
    @northGAcock
    Behind me? I am last on everything, pass me and you start lapping the field.....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    My lord friend- that looks fantastic. You had me at the first pics of the appetizers. This post just continued to get better from there. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Ron my friend that spread is outstanding.. great food ... great friends... and a reason to celebrate... priceless!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • YukonRon
    @SciAggie
    Thanks for the kind words, means a lot my friend. It was a fun night, and it was good to see her relaxed, at ease and having some fun.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    @JohnnyTarheel
    Great night with friends, is always fun. Throw some ribs in the mix, makes it fun, very fun.
    They bought a Big Green Egg for their son as a wedding gift, because of the food they had here and what we cooked for them over the last 6 months.
    He will be coming over to get some ideas. Hope I can help.
    Thank you for the kind words. Means a lot.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Epic evening Ron. Well done on all accounts. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle