Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

AKA usernames

Whats the point??  If you think it , type it, then own it.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    dmchicago said:
    Shouldn't this be marked OT?
    This is part of the forum, what is OT about it?  

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    dmchicago said:
    This is part of the forum, what is OT about it?  
    I guess you could file this under Beef?
    You sir may be correct. 

analyze adapt overcome

• What did I miss?

Little Rock, AR

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    I often troll as @SGH.  sorry.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    What?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • They of all things should at lest be original .... 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    I have been using this username for all forums since 2002. It describes my location and gender perfectly. A valid email address is posted with my name. I have met many eggheads in person and told them both my handle and actual name , participated in two gift exchanges for instance. Because I testified in court frequently I didn’t leave an internet trail including no Facebook. I have no secondary user name on any site. 
  • I have been using this username for all forums since 2002. It describes my location and gender perfectly. A valid email address is posted with my name. I have met many eggheads in person and told them both my handle and actual name , participated in two gift exchanges for instance. Because I testified in court frequently I didn’t leave an internet trail including no Facebook. I have no secondary user name on any site. 
    #fakenews

kidding lol, same story 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Was this not about the troll accounts that have popped up on the forum?
    If not, my bad for hopping up on my soapbox. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    this is the first forum i have ever joined, and my user name is the beginning of one of my emails. No one has met me, so I may not exists although I have entered an exchange (which i highly recommend everyone try at least once). Besides putting a couple clowns on one of @sgh threads (anything other then shaving) I never troll. Im always looking for new and cool cooks and ideas and toys, and have spent more money then I care to admit from suggestions on here. If the time comes that I have something to say that most people won't like ill either say and not hide or do what my parents always said to do and thats if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything. With that said I love reading some of the Friday threads and some of the rants that Im guessing some of the trolls out there start or create and im assuming with AKA usernames, but have yet to get involved in one. (mainly because im lazy and there is to manny pages to read to get caught up). All in all not sure why you would want to hide behind a AKA if your the confrontational type why hide and if you think your views or discussion are something to be ashamed of hence the AKA then why state them. Stand proud and back up your statements and views and have an open mind hell you might find that some of your views change with more info. Im sure im stirring the pot more then I would normally with this statement but felt like I should say it. I think no less of someone who has different beliefs then me and who is to say who is right or wrong. Anyway glad to be a part of this AKA's and all

Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    dmchicago said:
    Jesus. 3 disagrees? It was a farking joke.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Mattman3969
    mlc2013 said:
    this is the first forum i have ever joined, and my user name is the beginning of one of my emails. No one has met me, so I may not exists although I have entered an exchange (which i highly recommend everyone try at least once). Besides putting a couple clowns on one of @sgh threads (anything other then shaving) I never troll. Im always looking for new and cool cooks and ideas and toys, and have spent more money then I care to admit from suggestions on here. If the time comes that I have something to say that most people won't like ill either say and not hide or do what my parents always said to do and thats if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything. With that said I love reading some of the Friday threads and some of the rants that Im guessing some of the trolls out there start or create and im assuming with AKA usernames, but have yet to get involved in one. (mainly because im lazy and there is to manny pages to read to get caught up). All in all not sure why you would want to hide behind a AKA if your the confrontational type why hide and if you think your views or discussion are something to be ashamed of hence the AKA then why state them. Stand proud and back up your statements and views and have an open mind hell you might find that some of your views change with more info. Im sure im stirring the pot more then I would normally with this statement but felt like I should say it. I think no less of someone who has different beliefs then me and who is to say who is right or wrong. Anyway glad to be a part of this AKA's and all

And the honesty that you show is what it’s supposed to be like here 

analyze adapt overcome

• Well I don’t hide behind anything. Ive talked to NOLA on the phone and been to scottie’s house. Ive posted pics of myself and family lots of times. I guess I did come up with a cheesy name when I signed up but didnt know anybody then. I could have just signed up as Shane Greene but I didnt. Certainly not hiding behind an alias. 

Little Rock, AR

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I think most people here are upfront and honest. But there are some that are not.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    My real name is Stanley Paul Eisen. Now you know.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Mine is the same on all the forum communities I am part of.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • DMW
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    The shaving with a Muhle R41 was real though. Everything thing else I have ever said was made up. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited July 2018
    In real life I’m a vegan. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DMW
    Ok, see, this is where I'm not gonna have it. This is patently untrue. Are you a Russian bot? And what have you done with Adam?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    In real life I’m a vegan. easy now this could get out of control.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    DMW said:
    Ok, see, this is where I'm not gonna have it. This is patently untrue. Are you a Russian bot? And what have you done with Adam?
    Adam's out cleaning his cab for the 5th time.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Mattman3969
    Do you talk **** under a different Username to protect your veganess ?

analyze adapt overcome