Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Chicken tikka.  No pics, no left overs.  

Gutters cleaned, weeds sprayed, fed, nearly drunk.  Good Saturday. 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    In a play. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    I got all kinds of stuff going on over here. Stay tuned. 

Did I miss it? 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Jazz update:  SOGGY

Options

Turns out I’m closer to drunk than previously expected. 
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Watching my living space get invaded by boxes.  Note that I have a couple of bottles of Bourbon on the bar to keep me motivated. 

Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Laying in bed on day 4 of recovery.  Don’t know if I am going to make it a month.  Thank god for Apple TV and percocets.  Oh and a patient wife. She might kill me before this is all over. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options

Turns out I’m closer to drunk than previously expected. 
    We my friend are kindred spirits. Ha spirits. Lol
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    thetrim said:
    WeberWho said:
    Playing around with some ribs and drinking beer. 

What is going on @WeberWho?  Where in the world is WeberWho?

Just a small local rib comp. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    So there’s a dude on the Facebook egg group egging out of a storage unit.  That guy is awesome. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    So my wife’s POS Jeep ate a lifter and cam. Little brother fixed it, so we had him and his better half for steaks. She likes them ruined, he wants brown and my better wishes for no salt. Eff me. My steak at least was good as was the potatoes and boxed wine.  =)
    That the same Jeep that ate the PBC?
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    So my wife’s POS Jeep ate a lifter and cam. Little brother fixed it, so we had him and his better half for steaks. She likes them ruined, he wants brown and my better wishes for no salt. Eff me. My steak at least was good as was the potatoes and boxed wine.  =)
    That the same Jeep that ate the PBC?
    Yup. To boot I spent today rebuilding the POS fabricated rear bumper that ran over my PBC. Tire mount never did swing with the gate, was in a bind and failed on the way home Wednesday, on the interstate, from my brother’s shop. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @Jeremiah - am I interpreting between all the mechanical challenges here that someone somehow managed to run over your PBC?  Any plans for a replacement or is it salvageable?  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    Camping! Just read a rolling stone article about how China bought Smithfield foods, ships the pork to China and leaves the schit in NC. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Camping! Just read a rolling stone article about how China bought Smithfield foods, ships the pork to China and leaves the schit in NC. 
    Have fun camping, hope you have excellent weather.

I honestly am not read up enough to know the ins and outs of that deal, but at face value, it stinks worse than the manure the pigs produce.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Jazz update:  SOGGY

If he's soggy, I'll bet he's also pissed.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Swmbo`s birthday feast. Grilled oysters, bacon wrapped scallops and crabs. Pics should have been better but it took a lot of beer to prepare this meal. 
    Pics (and the feast) are fantastic!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Botch said:
    Swmbo`s birthday feast. Grilled oysters, bacon wrapped scallops and crabs. Pics should have been better but it took a lot of beer to prepare this meal. 
    Pics (and the feast) are fantastic!  
    Thank you sir. The recipe forum here is tha bomb.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Tonight’s dinner at Mateo:

Quite a feast! 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Tonight’s dinner at Mateo:

That egg yolk... amazing.  Not terribly close, but have you been to the Spanish joint Curate over in Ashville?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave