Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Genius or Stupidity?

Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
Minor league baseball promotion ...

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• baychilla
    baychilla Posts: 387
    That's just so stupid it may just work.  Which would then make it genius.
    Near San Francisco in California
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    “selfie stations” lmao
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    hapster said:
    Should be a full house 
    Good to see you back on the forum Hap. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Thats freakin hilarious

Little Rock, AR

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited July 2018
    I'd like to reserve a napping area please.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Seems appropriate 
    Jacksonville FL
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    SGH said:
    hapster said:
    Should be a full house 
    Thanks Scotty... probably a short stay. It was the shaving gear pics that caught my eye LOL... as you can see I still have a passing interest in a good shave. 

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    That is phenomenal! Kudos to whichever intern or old fuddy-duddy came up with the idea.
    Stillwater, MN
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

If they can mock the millennial, and the millennial respond by handing over $ - that is marketing genius.
    Phoenix 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    hapster said:
    SGH said:
    hapster said:
    Should be a full house 
    Thanks Scotty... probably a short stay. It was the shaving gear pics that caught my eye LOL... as you can see I still have a passing interest in a good shave. 

Hap, I sure hope you hang around buddy. It just ain’t the same without you. And for the record, I have a huge shave post coming up soon. Stop in and check it out. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• If the minor league fans skew as old as the majors, my guess is it is an attempt to draw even more old folks. Seems they know they are not going to get the young crowd.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    Honest to god, if millennials can't have a little fun with this they look even worse than the stereotypes that got them into this predicament in the first place.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Honest to god, if millennials can't have a little fun with this they look even worse than the stereotypes that got them into this predicament in the first place.
     They are reacting with an amazing amount of rage.  They should have added "safe spaces".
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • hapster
    SGH said:
    hapster said:
    SGH said:
    hapster said:
    Should be a full house 

Hap, I sure hope you hang around buddy. It just ain’t the same without you. And for the record, I have a huge shave post coming up soon. Stop in and check it out. 
    Scotty I just may... one never knows. But I am seeing my barber in the morning for a touch up... 
  • Ozzie_Isaac

• hapster
    hapster said:

This forum is lacking a
    A laughing out loud button to press... 
  • DMW
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I worked on fixing the Y2K problem.  I think I should get an honorary millennial trophy.

I worked on fixing the Y2K problem.  I think I should get an honorary millennial trophy.

Thank you for your service. I worked on that issue as well. I went out to customer sites in advance and set the clock on their NetWare servers to the last minute of 99' and watched. Nothing happened. So then, I set the clock back to where it should be and went to the next site. When it was time, I had my pager on and waiting, but nothing happened. Now 2038, I think that's going to be a bigger problem.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    SGH said:

Just so I can plan my day tomorrow, Scottie - will you need for me to post some totally unrelated thread to get that going so you can "shave bomb" it?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nolaegghead
    DMW said:

Thank you for your service. I worked on that issue as well. I went out to customer sites in advance and set the clock on their NetWare servers to the last minute of 99' and watched. Nothing happened. So then, I set the clock back to where it should be and went to the next site. When it was time, I had my pager on and waiting, but nothing happened. Now 2038, I think that's going to be a bigger problem.
    Probably, but it's mostly an issue with embedded systems that are designed to last as long as the hardware does.  So you uncle's flip phone will probably screw the pooch, but generally it's rare for those devices to last longer than 6-10 years.  Avionics are periodically updated, I can see there will be a lot of scrambling in the years preceding 2038.
    RRP said:
    SGH said:

Just so I can plan my day tomorrow, Scottie - will you need for me to post some totally unrelated thread to get that going so you can "shave bomb" it?
    Absolutely brother. It just wouldn’t be the same otherwise =)

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    edited July 2018
    DMW said:

Probably, but it's mostly an issue with embedded systems that are designed to last as long as the hardware does.  So you uncle's flip phone will probably screw the pooch, but generally it's rare for those devices to last longer than 6-10 years.  Avionics are periodically updated, I can see there will be a lot of scrambling in the years preceding 2038.
    You know what I like about this forum? There is someone else that knows about the 2038 problem. You know, epochs and all.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    HeavyG said:
    The funniest thing is that the folks that laugh at/mock Millenials the most are the folks that raised them.
     The generation that sold out their kids future, and continues to bogart the wealth? I would expect no less.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Common now.  Mocking the next generation is a time honored tradition.  Next you're going to tell me I can't yell at kids on my lawn when I get to be an old man.

Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead