Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: anybody here have a WEH 2000 :OT

Comments

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    SGH said:
    This might help find ethanol free in your area. 

https://www.pure-gas.org/
    There are still some around. But the list is getting smaller every year and the price is getting higher. 
    I work with gas stations on a daily basis, with where we live, ethanol free is all the rage, everywhere is upgrading to add it in.  All the off road machines (dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, side by sides, boats etc) make it a huge customer driver for these businesses.  In the last year I’ve seen like about 30% of my retail partners add it, I don’t think it’s getting more scarse as it might just be lowered demand in other areas. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    SGH said:
    This might help find ethanol free in your area. 

https://www.pure-gas.org/
    There are still some around. But the list is getting smaller every year and the price is getting higher. 
    Little known fact. Any of our late mode MBl diesels will move off the line faster than the fastest gas car in the line up. One of MB`s fastest prototype racing engines is a diesel.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    RRP said:
    SGH said:
    RRP said:
    I hear you, Scottie. Even though I live in the center of IL with an SMSA of 300k there are only two stations that carry non-ethanol fuel. Naturally that only comes in premium grade. One of my cars would ping like a pinball machine if I didn't use premium. My last fill up rang up $66 at the pump and I about gagged!
    I feel your pain here Ron. I bought that Ford F-250 diesel a few months ago. It’s a 130 bucks to fill it up when it’s dead empty. 
    Why is this a travesty? Diesel is one of the first fuels to come off of a distillation column/tower and requires very little farther processing. This makes it one of the cheapest fuels to produce. However, with the imposed low sulpher requirement, diesel is now higher than gas. And again, the reason is refineries had to build sulpher and desulfurization units and passed the costs on to us. The government is bankrupting us by trying to save the planet. 
    I've shared that gripe for years about the rip off with diesel fuel. Both of my last two MB have been diesels with turbochargers and they run like a striped-*ss monkey. My experience with the diesels have been very little maintenance  other than oil changes. VIVA diesel motors!

Ment to quote you in my post above. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Screw people in Iowa.  Corn should be eaten, not burned.  That ethanol legislation is a giant special interest gift to farmers, and a giant corn-filled turd to consumers and the environment.
    Here's an oddity I discovered when looking at the IL chart that @DoubleEgger posted. The one chain station appearing many times over is HyVee. That is an "in your face" great chain from Iowa which carries most any product produced in IA. At least they have the marketing smarts to still offer up ethanol free gas though!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    RRP said:
    Here's an oddity I discovered when looking at the IL chart that @DoubleEgger posted. The one chain station appearing many times over is HyVee. That is an "in your face" great chain from Iowa which carries most any product produced in IA. At least they have the marketing smarts to still offer up ethanol free gas though!
    Ron I have got to ask, do they carry the Muhle R41? 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited July 2018
    SGH said:
    RRP said:
    I hear you, Scottie. Even though I live in the center of IL with an SMSA of 300k there are only two stations that carry non-ethanol fuel. Naturally that only comes in premium grade. One of my cars would ping like a pinball machine if I didn't use premium. My last fill up rang up $66 at the pump and I about gagged!
    I feel your pain here Ron. I bought that Ford F-250 diesel a few months ago. It’s a 130 bucks to fill it up when it’s dead empty. 
    Why is this a travesty? Diesel is one of the first fuels to come off of a distillation column/tower and requires very little farther processing. This makes it one of the cheapest fuels to produce. However, with the imposed low sulpher requirement, diesel is now higher than gas. And again, the reason is refineries had to build sulpher and desulfurization units and passed the costs on to us. The government is bankrupting us by trying to save the planet. 
    Scotty, this is so it doesn't literally rain sulfuric acid on ourselves.  If you like trees because they make wood, which you burn with charcoal, having trees kind of a prerequisite for that.
    Scotty, this is so it doesn't literally rain sulfuric acid 
    That’s what umbrellas and windshield wipers are for =)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    I get that is fun to whine about it though.
    I get that is fun to whine about it though.
    It really is ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    @SGH I have a beard so just use a nice Panasonic electric the missus bought me a few years ago to clean up my neck etc. in the mornings but wouldn’t mind a closer shave on occasion.  What should I be looking for to focus on my beard edges/neck? 
  • SGH
    Cornholio said:
    @SGH I have a beard so just use a nice Panasonic electric the missus bought me a few years ago to clean up my neck etc. in the mornings but wouldn’t mind a closer shave on occasion.  What should I be looking for to focus on my beard edges/neck? 
    For “edge” work, nothing beats a shavette due to the shortness, thinness and sharpness of the blade. 

This is the one area where a shavette beats a straight razor. The cutting edge is much shorter so it’s much easier to manipulate for finesse work. However, if you are new to straights or especially shavettes, be warned, the shavette has a serious bite and is extremely aggressive. However once you get accustomed to it, a shavette is miles ahead of the pack for finesse work. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited July 2018
    And I also forgot to say above, it’s much trickier to learn to buff shave with a shavette. But once you learn the buff routine with it, you will never go back. You can literally float dry hair off your face when you get your buffing technique down with a shavette. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    If you go with a shavette and are new to them, I urge you not to come out the gate trying to use a Feather blade. They are simply to sharp and aggressive. Start off with something milder like a Shark or Astra and work your way up to a Feather in due time. 
    I give you my word if you are not an experienced straight or shavette shaver, if you load a Feather into the shavette out of the gate, it will end in a blood bath. Trust me on this one. 

Status- Standing by.

• RRP
    I'm trying to come up with a term that will describe what Scottie (@SGH) has taken to doing to my posts while he is stateside. When someone pops in the background of a selfie that  is called "photo bombing". So when Scottie takes over my threads is that a "shaver bomb" or a "lather bomb" or a "beard bomb? Or what do you suggest? Please...this is a good natured question! 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Screw people in Iowa. 
    https://youtu.be/qLZZ6JD0g9Y
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • SGH
    RRP said:
    I'm trying to come up with a term that will describe what Scottie (@SGH) has taken to doing to my posts while he is stateside. When someone pops in the background of a selfie that  is called "photo bombing". So when Scottie takes over my threads is that a "shaver bomb" or a "lather bomb" or a "beard bomb? Or what do you suggest? Please...this is a good natured question! 
    Shave Bomb ;)

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Hans61 said:
    Screw people in Iowa. 
    I was born in Davenport, and my father's family had lived there for generations, and I lived there the first 7 years of my life.  F Iowa people sucking the ethanol teat, perpetuating corporate welfare.  F them all. </drop_mike>
    SGH said:
    RRP said:
    Shave Bomb ;)

That sounds too close to "udder balm" if you know what that is! LOL
  • SGH
    RRP said:
    That sounds too close to "udder balm" if you know what that is! LOL
    I certainly do know what that is my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited July 2018
    @RRP
    Ron, I may of finally found that vintage, mint Clauss that I have been looking for. Waiting on a reply from the seller and then I’m pulling the trigger. 

It’s a Clauss 5406. Exactly what I have been looking for. 
    For the record, it’s not “new”. It’s vintage mint. 

Status- Standing by.

• RRP
    $200 dollars? Holy SH*T !!!
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Hans61 said:
    Screw people in Iowa. 
    I was born in Davenport, and my father's family had lived there for generations, and I lived there the first 7 years of my life.  F Iowa people sucking the ethanol teat, perpetuating corporate welfare.  F them all. </drop_mike>
    Well I don’t use ethanol either :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • SGH
    RRP said:
    It’s a real vintage Clauss before the merger with Henkel. It’s worth every penny my friend. There has never been a smoother beard buster made than the ole 5406. From the balance to the grind, the Clauss 5406 is almost perfect in every way.  

Status- Standing by.

• RRP
    SGH said:
    RRP said:
    It’s a real vintage Clauss before the merger with Henkel. It’s worth every penny my friend. There has never been a smoother beard buster made than the ole 5406. From the balance to the grind, the Clauss 5406 is almost perfect in every way.  
    Then I guess I understand! But other than ripping off people why can't a legit company 
    replicate the steel and not the handle in this day and age?
  • SGH
    RRP said:
    Then I guess I understand! But other than ripping off people why can't a legit company 
    There are still some great German and Japanese straights out there. With that said, the American made Clauss sold for about 5 bucks new back then. The equivalent German and Japanese blades are several hundred up to a couple of thousand bucks. 

Status- Standing by.

• RRP
    SGH said:
    RRP said:
    There are still some great German and Japanese straights out there. With that said, the American made Clauss sold for about 5 bucks new back then. The equivalent German and Japanese blades are several hundred up to a couple of thousand bucks. 
    WOW! Then that Clauss I didn't tell you about that I have used to open oil cans and  paint cans is of more value!. I just assume you wouldn't want one with so many years of paint splatters! I always wondered why that blade never chipped opening 12 year old paint cans...
  • SGH
    RRP said:
    SGH said:
    RRP said:
    WOW! Then that Clauss I didn't tell you about that I have used to open oil cans and  paint cans is of more value!. I just assume you wouldn't want one with so many years of paint splatters! I always wondered why that blade never chipped opening 12 year old paint cans...
    Want to sell it?

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Got a pic of it?

Status- Standing by.

• RRP
    SGH said:
    Got a pic of it?
    Scottie, I was just kidding! Besides if I really had one you know I would have just sent it to you for FREE! 
  • SGH
    RRP said:
    SGH said:
    Got a pic of it?
    Scottie, I was just kidding! Besides if I really had one you know I would have just sent it to you for FREE! 
    You are a good man Ron. 

Status- Standing by.