Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

@ColtsFan .  It does look a little top heavy.  Do they make a table nest for your red egg?  Can you cut the legs shorter?  

Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    SharePoint?
    Nope.  We don't use no stinkin' Microsoft products.
    Qlikview?
    Our technology stack at a high level is Oracle and Java on Linux.
    Options

Ok, not a steak broiler.  I thought there would have been an IR element in there.
    Options
    Image result for infrared broiler element
    Options
    blasting said:

@ColtsFan .  It does look a little top heavy.  Do they make a table nest for your red egg?  Can you cut the legs shorter?  

It is rather stable. The table height is 35" with the cooking grid on the Jr being right at 48".

I think I'll chop 4 inches off the legs and try that...may ultimately go 6" and grab some pot feet to sit it on. 

The jr come with a travel nest like the mini max, but that would add 8 more inches to the height 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options

Birthday today! 
    What is that thing and why do I suddenly need one?
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,656
    Options
    It’s a forge!  
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Going to try to make knifes or whatever else I can forge 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Nice forge @alaskanassasin. Can’t wait to see some blades. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    It’s a forge!  
    Cool! 
    Options
    I am currently headed for LEO (bourbon fueled) but I plan (shaky concept at best) to save escape velocity for Sat PM.  Have a great Friday post-up smack-down.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I am currently headed for LEO (bourbon fueled) but I plan (shaky concept at best) to save escape velocity for Sat PM.  Have a great Friday post-up smack-down.  
    Heck I'm already there after smoking a pork butt...My wife had to drive us 6 blocks to deliver dinner to our neice.  But Live PD comes on at 9. So there's that.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
     Thanks guys. I enjoy learning new stuff, this should be a adventure hopefully no one gets hurt =)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    It’s a forge!  
    Are you sure you can't put a steak in it?
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    edited July 2018
    Options
    nolaegghead said:
    ...begs the purchase of a midlife crisis mobile.  Life is to short to spend it waiting at the shop. =)
    Heh.  This 2001 Saab 9-3 was my midlife crisis mobile.  I'm checking out stair lifts and wheelchairs with beercan holders now.  Get off my lawn!  (and the shop has nice soft doughnuts and refrigerated water, free!)   =)

Its been a long, long time since I've looked at other cars to buy, and its cool what you can do at Kelly Blue Book (www.kbb.com) and others, like CarFax.  I specify age, convertible, price range, distance from my Zip Code, and Make.  Click on any of the Returns and there's usually a dozen or more photos of each vehicle, plus you can look at the repair history, and any national reviews/tests of that model/year.  Pretty convenient!  (I do this purely as an academic exercise).  

And why the heck do most convertibles have black interiors??  And why are most used BMWs in "Alpine White"???  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Congrats on the cook- my favorite as I just cranked out a couple of racks of "prime" chuck short ribs ( I give 'em a go every 7-8 months just to remind me) and that end game fat content ( 7+ hours in the smoke) was too much.  Those ribs look eggcellent and I know they beat their pork cousins every time.  A banquet waiting for a place to happen!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Botch said:
    nolaegghead said:
    ...begs the purchase of a midlife crisis mobile.  Life is to short to spend it waiting at the shop. =)
    Heh.  This 2001 Saab 9-3 was my midlife crisis mobile.  I'm checking out stair lifts and wheelchairs with beercan holders now.  Get off my lawn!  (and the shop has nice soft doughnuts and refrigerated water, free!)   =)

Its been a long, long time since I've looked at other cars to buy, and its cool what you can do at Kelly Blue Book (www.kbb.com) and others, like CarFax.  I specify age, convertible, price range, distance from my Zip Code, and Make.  Click on any of the Returns and there's usually a dozen or more photos of each vehicle, plus you can look at the repair history, and any national reviews/tests of that model/year.  Pretty convenient!  (I do this purely as an academic exercise).  

And why the heck do most convertibles have black interiors??  And why are most used BMWs in "Alpine White"???  
    New:  BMW M2
    Used: BMW M3

Start there and follow that rabbit hole.

Edit: F stair lifts
    Options

Birthday today! 
    I've been bird dogging one of those for a year. Love it! Happy Birfday

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    It’s a forge!  
    Are you sure you can't put a steak in it?
    With a fresh, hot, sharp steak-knife immediately following it?   B)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @Botch - Please allow me to introduce you to "old life" crisis.  Best defined as the total reality that anything of a quality build will be around long after you are history.  Now, for the "old life" crisis solution- get it while you can and totally enjoy.  If all works as planned you won't have to figure out the end game and you will definitely enjoy the acquisition.  This is directed at high $$ purchases where the buy is likely concluded on something that was outside anything you thought possible.  
    I recently went down that road ( car) and enjoy every road-trip, especially those that I conclude without a meeting with some law-enforcement official.
    Of course I have a good decade on you so please give the above some thought down the road.  FWIW-
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Trying to bring back the male landing strip. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Flavor saver

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Lit said:
    I tried that once. Then someone called me Magnum. Ain’t no way I can pull off the Tom Selleck. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Being pedantic.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Lit said:

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota