Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Wangs with a chunk of cherry wood 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Loaded fries with beer cheese green onion bacon and creama.  Smash burger on  potato roll with egg, bacon and cheese. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Loaded fries with beer cheese green onion bacon and creama.  Smash burger on  potato roll with egg, bacon and cheese. 
    Liar. No pic. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Took the 16 yr old to learn to drive a manual transmission today.  Hilarity ensued. 
    Brave man!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    @SGH not only a lost art but a lost buy as well.  The number of auto manufacturers (across all price points) that target the US market have all but eliminated the stick (3 pedal) as an option.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Fresh Georgia Peaches getting some love.

When did you get that cast iron skillet?   I saw those at the Sunshine State Eggfest.   They look great. 

Note to the rest of the forum.  If you wanna spend some $$$, this is a great way t do it. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    SGH said:
    Took the 16 yr old to learn to drive a manual transmission today. 
    That’s a good thing brother yolk. At one time, almost everyone could drive a manual. It’s sadly becoming a lost skill as of late. 
    I’m 30 years old. Never driven a manual. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    We actually had a lot of fun.  We laughed a lot. He really sucked.  As we all did the first time around. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    He always amazed he actually had to use a hand crank to lower the window.  :open_mouth:
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    SGH said:
    That’s a good thing brother yolk. At one time, almost everyone could drive a manual. It’s sadly becoming a lost skill as of late. 
    When I learned to drive, 30 yrs ago, I learned on a stick.  It was mandatory in my family. 
    Me too. I was 14, and it was not only my first car, but my first race car. Dad had me start in third gear. Said if I could do it from third, first would be easy...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    johnnyp said:
    SGH said:
    When I learned to drive, 30 yrs ago, I learned on a stick.  It was mandatory in my family. 
    Me too. I was 14, and it was not only my first car, but my first race car. Dad had me start in third gear. Said if I could do it from third, first would be easy...
    There’s a thought.  He had a hard time(one of many) on flat ground and when I looked over he was in 2nd.  Didn’t stall.  That was a good one. 

The truck wa stalled more than it ran for a while.  =)
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Took the 16 yr old to learn to drive a manual transmission today.  Hilarity ensued. 
    I have taught several how to drive a stick...The first and formost rule is the brake still works the same! Cuddos to you for teaching him to drive a manual!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Evel Live - On History Channel right now!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    The teaching experiment cuts both ways:  I am a big believer in learning on a three pedal car but sometimes owning one and knowing the kiddos can't get it out of the garage is peace-of-mind itself.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I was working in a tire shop in high school 21 years ago when I encountered my first "3 on a tree" column shift. Just about drover that f'er through the building. 

Luckily, thanks to my 87 Toyota Hilux, I knew how to drive a stick and got her stopped in time . Lol
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Not to him...   :|

I guess I was lucky, learned to "shift" on a '43 Allis-Chalmers (orange, of course).  Dad then moved me up to the Ford F-100 at 13 (me, not the truck) and when I got my Babemobile Maverick at 15 I could pretty much take it from there (3-on-the-tree, RAWK!).  
    All four (EDIT:  three now) of my vehicles are manual transmission.  When my '01 Saab finally goes my next car (IF there is one) will have paddle-shifts, which makes me uneasy.... 

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @thetrim I've had the 12" Finex for 2 or so years.  I'm happy with the purchase. I use this skillet a lot.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    The first vehicle that I ever drove was a 1955 Studebaker 2 ton truck that my dad had put tractor tires on the back of for mud riding. And yes, it was a manual. I drove it round and round a 65 acre field
    as a kid for years.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Homemade country fried steak biscuits with sausage gravy tonight. 

Lod ave mercy!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow