Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2018 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    Awesome ^^^^^
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Royal Coachmen
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Having trouble posting from my phone but will update the sweet package @jeffwit sent me as soon as I have time to sit down at my computer. Likely Monday! I cannot wait to crack into this over the 4th!
    @Royal Coachmen did everything make it intact?
    Indeed!
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options
    gmac said:
    I just got back late last night to find a box from the great state of Alabama waiting for me. @mwatts hooked me up with some great Southern specialties that I will likely never get to try otherwise. Great choices and great looking stuff. 
      I’m gonna give a couple of these a go Monday on some Canada Day steaks. Because I suck at taking photos here’s the closeups. 

Sauces
     Really excited to try the Alabama White Sauce. We’ve made it a few times off the internet recipes and my wife loves it on chicken but I have no idea if I’m making it properly as I’ve never had the original before. Can’t wait to try the Dreamland as well. There was a note included that said it’s a special treat so we will save that one for vacation at the cottage. 

Rubs 

And a “Double Dukes”.  (yeah I know it’s probably nothing special to you guys but we can’t get it here....)

Thanks for a great package. Can’t wait to try them all out. Take care. 
    Graham 
    That Hardin's is fantastic on chicken wings. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    Having trouble posting from my phone but will update the sweet package @jeffwit sent me as soon as I have time to sit down at my computer. Likely Monday! I cannot wait to crack into this over the 4th!
    @Royal Coachmen did everything make it intact?
    Indeed!
    Great! Glad you like the box. Forgot to tell you, but chow chow is a kind of garnish, typically eaten with vegetables. I like it with green beans, black-eyed peas, okra, etc. Although you may already know that. 
    Enjoy!
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Budgeezer said:
    Just received my box from @Killit_and_Grillit (Adam).  What a fantastic selection from the Tennessee area.  Adam even reviewed one of my threads about our trip to Nashville last summer and added some items based my thread (Hot Chicken).  We loved Hattie B's when we were there so the Hot Chicken rub and the ghost pepper salt will be put to good use!  Have seen quite a few folks singing the praises of the Loveless Cafe's offering, can't wait to give these a try.  I've never had a Moon Pie but it reminds of the scene from the Green Mile!  I love honey so I can't wait to try the barrel age honey.  He even included a rub that he has packaged to market in one of his friends shop (smells fantastic).  To top it off he included a bottle of Jack (the only item I have tried before).  Thanks again my friend it is greatly appreciated.
    Brings back memories.

Glad to hear the rub is taking off @Killit_and_Grillit  I got the ziplock baggie version last year and it was great. Used it on some fried wings and it was fantastic. That Loveless Peach Rub was also awesome. 

Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Bowne1
    Bowne1 Posts: 20
    Options
    Milesvdustin,I am totally blown away by your generosity and the thought you put into our gift. My bride and I opened it today and she is already planning  to cook the Italian Beef early next week.. We are originally both from Texas and I can tell you it can be difficult to find good rubs and sauces in this part of the country. I have not only heard of Mike, I have watched YouTube videos of his famous 17th St. Again, many thanks for the package and if you and your family are ever in our neck of the woods, feel free to message and we can get together. Bowne1. Aka,Sako1
    Large, Med and a Yoder YS480 . 1 Beautiful Wife, 2 Dogs and always looking for a MM 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @lkapigian, I just made BS chicken breasts with the Special $h!t rub you sent and used the Original flavor hot sauce on some hash brown casserole. Both were delicious, one of the best hot sauces I have had! Thanks again!
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    CPARKTX said:
    Check out my great box of goodies from @blind99 who really hooked me up! Great mix of products! Can’t wait to try them out. Thank you very much!!

That box was from me. I am really glad you like what was sent. Sorry about forgetting the letter. I will email it over to you tomorrow. I just got back in town.
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    @lkapigian, I just made BS chicken breasts with the Special $h!t rub you sent and used the Original flavor hot sauce on some hash brown casserole. Both were delicious, one of the best hot sauces I have had! Thanks again!
    Glad you liked it @jeffwit!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited July 2018
    Options
    A great group of boxes before the 4th.  I'm almost equally impressed at the care in transport the delivery companies are taking!  Nice work everyone!  That includes you UPS, FEDEX, and USPS!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @thetrim - surely FedEx doesn't merit recognition in the same post as the others  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Options
    Shout out to @gmac for the awesome package from the great white north! After some sleuthing, tracking & a neighbor, I was able to finally find the package and had a good chuckle on opening it up to find it's contents had landed from Canada to Texas on the 4th of July. 

Only one casualty was a bottle of Blackberry sauce & a koozie. My wife has already eaten one of the Coffee Crisps and declared it the best thing ever. We used some of the mustard yesterday and it was fantastic with some summer sausage. Going to dig into some of the rubs this weekend for sure. And never had the ketchup chips, those should be interesting! Thanks again @gmac! And @blind99 for helping coordinate the Elfster and help with tracking of the package. 
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • jwc6160
    jwc6160 Posts: 218
    Options
    @blind99 I did some chicken with the Frontera garlic and citrus marinade this weekend and I didn’t care much for the smell of it, but it made delicious chicken. The whole family loved it. I also broke out the beer mustard and it was terrific. Thanks again. 
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    HoustonEgger i guess its safe to assume you never made fun of Canada otherwise @gmac would not have been so generous
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @jwc6160 glad you enjoyed it!  i really like the frontera products.  if i had to pick a single beer to drink, it would dortmunder gold, so beer made with it has to be good!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    HoustonEgger i guess its safe to assume you never made fun of Canada otherwise @gmac would not have been so generous
    No sir - on of my best friends lives in Toronto so I have the privilege of visiting up there every few years. 
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Shout out to @gmac for the awesome package from the great white north! After some sleuthing, tracking & a neighbor, I was able to finally find the package and had a good chuckle on opening it up to find it's contents had landed from Canada to Texas on the 4th of July. 

Only one casualty was a bottle of Blackberry sauce & a koozie. My wife has already eaten one of the Coffee Crisps and declared it the best thing ever. We used some of the mustard yesterday and it was fantastic with some summer sausage. Going to dig into some of the rubs this weekend for sure. And never had the ketchup chips, those should be interesting! Thanks again @gmac! And @blind99 for helping coordinate the Elfster and help with tracking of the package. 
    That’s too bad about the sauce. I thought for sure the koozie would give it even more protection :)

Hope you like it and let me know what you don’t like. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    So do we still have packages out? Some very nice boxes delivered.
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Haven’t got mine, but tracking said it will be delivered Saturday!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Options
    I am still waiting for mine but my elf let me know that he was traveling and I should expect it in the next week or two. No big deal. Excited to try it. He also said he would include some items from his travels so it's like i'm there also.
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • mlc2013
    edited July 2018
    Options
    wow great box there well done!!!  I never even heard of seagrape wood
    Long Island NY    
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    wow great box there well done!!!  I never even heard of seagrape wood
    Me either, Richard sent me detailed article on the plant and it’s uses. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • mlc2013
    Options
    im going to research it now

Long Island NY