Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2018 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• Possumtrot
    Possumtrot Posts: 245
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    @Possumtrot
    Did my representatives make it to you yet, I haven't heard anything from them so im assuming you killed them already.
    Oh, was that mystery package from you?  I told my wife to be on the lookout for some mysterious guys from New York so she called our people from out in the country and they took care of them.
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    Possumtrot glad you got it let me know what you think
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Sako1 sent me an outstanding box featuring Texas rubs that he grew up with, Massachusetts rubs from his present home, and some assorted favorites. After it cools down a bit I'll be trying the Sugar Maple Rub by John Henry's and then post pictures of the cook and the treasure trove. So long till after dark and thanks. PS, I don't want to open that two pound bag of rub until I clear out a little freezer space.
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    Damn, that is a great box of treats! Great job buddy!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    Options
    Today I got my package. Thank you @SciAggie for the awesome assortment!  All the sauces and glazes are right in my wheelhouse. I can’t wait to try that black currant hibiscus guajillo sauce. I have not tried anything in the box. I’m super excited about the dried peppers. They can be found up here but I’ve never taken the leap to cook with them. I’ll be soliciting ideas from all you folks in the Southwest. The mesquite is another one I’ve shied away from. As you said in your letter it’s a strong taste. Well this will push me out of my comfort zone to try some new stuff. Need to find a home for that BGE bottle opener as well.
  • steel_egg
    Options
    steel_egg said:
    Today I got my package. Thank you @SciAggie for the awesome assortment!  All the sauces and glazes are right in my wheelhouse. I can’t wait to try that black currant hibiscus guajillo sauce. I have not tried anything in the box. I’m super excited about the dried peppers. They can be found up here but I’ve never taken the leap to cook with them. I’ll be soliciting ideas from all you folks in the Southwest. The mesquite is another one I’ve shied away from. As you said in your letter it’s a strong taste. Well this will push me out of my comfort zone to try some new stuff. Need to find a home for that BGE bottle opener as well.
    Not sure why my pics didn’t post. 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    @Possumtrot
    Did my representatives make it to you yet, I haven't heard anything from them so im assuming you killed them already.
    Oh, was that mystery package from you?  I told my wife to be on the lookout for some mysterious guys from New York so she called our people from out in the country and they took care of them.

I was talking to a woman in Vermont, asking her why she had an orange bandanna on her dog.  She told me the story of the time a carload of guys from NYC pulled up on her road and got out all dressed in black leather and proceeded to aim at anything on 4 legs.  Over the years she said people had dogs and goats shot during hunting season.  So people took to putting orange bandannas on any pet or livestock they could!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Action_Hank
    Options
    @Ima_good_egg,  Awesome!  I'm so glad it all survived the trip and also really glad that your excited for the Goetta.  Please enjoy and happy BBQ Christmas!!!
    "It's not the beard on the outside that counts, its the beard on the INSIDE."

LBGE   -   Lexington, KY
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    blind99 said:
    mlc2013 said:
    @Possumtrot

I was talking to a woman in Vermont, asking her why she had an orange bandanna on her dog.  She told me the story of the time a carload of guys from NYC pulled up on her road and got out all dressed in black leather and proceeded to aim at anything on 4 legs.  Over the years she said people had dogs and goats shot during hunting season.  So people took to putting orange bandannas on any pet or livestock they could!
    That might be a true story my uncle use to tell me of the days he and some gumbas would head up to Vermont to go domesticated hunting
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @steel_egg Here is a good basic recipe for preparing a chili sauce from the dried chilis. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/red-chile-sauce-chile-colorado-104411/amp
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • steel_egg
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @steel_egg Here is a good basic recipe for preparing a chili sauce from the dried chilis. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/red-chile-sauce-chile-colorado-104411/amp
    I really appreciate your generosity and thought in to the box. Can’t wait to get in to these items. 
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    OOPS-forgot the BGE bottle opener, which is going to be mounted on my back deck and the key chain opener-hubby collects these so that will be used also. And the cozy-well I feel the need for a cold beverage now!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • Royal Coachmen
    Options
    USPS says package will be delivered tomorrow. It’s like Christmas Eve!!!
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Mine, too!
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Lots of good stuff going on in Eggland. Refreshing to see and good on y'all!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options
    Mine too! 
    Edina, MN

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    evie1370 said:
    OOPS-forgot the BGE bottle opener, which is going to be mounted on my back deck and the key chain opener-hubby collects these so that will be used also. And the cozy-well I feel the need for a cold beverage now!
    Glad to see it all survived the trip!  Hope you enjoy everything!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Wow I don’t even know where to begin. @Biggreenpharmacist knocked his box out of the park. I can’t wait to try everything. Esp that peach lightening. Thanks for everything!  Going to be a great 4th of just with some of these goodies. Thank you so much and thank you to @blind99 for setting this up. 
    Man I hope you enjoy it. Theres several of those that I use all the time. I had a jar of blues hog in there. Guess when mrs pharm repacked it she left it out. I even took pics of it cuz I didnt want anybody to think I regifted a jar @ColtsFan sent me. The rocktown peach is good but I was gonna send muscadine or apple pie but they were out of both. 

Little Rock, AR

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Wow I don’t even know where to begin. @Biggreenpharmacist knocked his box out of the park. I can’t wait to try everything. Esp that peach lightening. Thanks for everything!  Going to be a great 4th of just with some of these goodies. Thank you so much and thank you to @blind99 for setting this up. 
    Man I hope you enjoy it. Theres several of those that I use all the time. I had a jar of blues hog in there. Guess when mrs pharm repacked it she left it out. I even took pics of it cuz I didnt want anybody to think I regifted a jar @ColtsFan sent me. The rocktown peach is good but I was gonna send muscadine or apple pie but they were out of both. 

I love me some Blues hog. I got it in last years box. Luckily enough our Ace Hardware sells it now. Can keep getting my fix. Thanks again. I might have to Venmo you some money for some more hooch. Thanks again for everything. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options

I love me some Blues hog. I got it in last years box. Luckily enough our Ace Hardware sells it now. Can keep getting my fix. Thanks again. I might have to Venmo you some money for some more hooch. Thanks again for everything. 
    If you like that drank I can send you more. Money isnt necessary. Hell maybe in a few months we can just do another swap between me and you if you find something you really like. 

Little Rock, AR

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options

I heard the UPS driver drive up and I was outside accepting the box before he reached my door.  Guess I was a little anxious to receive this!  Inside the box was a very generous assortment of sauces and rubs from Texas.  I asked for more sauce than rubs but wasn’t expecting so much.  Out of everything, I’ve only tried the Steak rub before so I’m excited to try out everything.  I’m thinking Snow’s BBQ sauce might be the first thing I try as eating there is on my bucket list.  Thanks so much Christie!! You didn’t mention your forum handle... perhaps @Navymom?
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Navymom
    Navymom Posts: 167
    Options
    R2Egg2Q said:

I heard the UPS driver drive up and I was outside accepting the box before he reached my door.  Guess I was a little anxious to receive this!  Inside the box was a very generous assortment of sauces and rubs from Texas.  I asked for more sauce than rubs but wasn’t expecting so much.  Out of everything, I’ve only tried the Steak rub before so I’m excited to try out everything.  I’m thinking Snow’s BBQ sauce might be the first thing I try as eating there is on my bucket list.  Thanks so much Christie!! You didn’t mention your forum handle... perhaps @Navymom?
    You are correct, forum name Navymom. I realized I didn't include that in my note yesterday. Hope you enjoy the sauces, I'll admit most are new to me, we don't use a lot of sauce.
    Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    R2Egg2Q said:

Really like the salt lick sauces. They are unique in their own way. Also the uncle Chris steak rub. Use it on everything. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE