Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2018 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Winner, winner chicken (or pork) dinner. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,749
    I bailed from work and ran home anyways because I couldn't wait to see what arrived. 

I don't even know where to begin or what to say. This AMAZING!!!! I may have said a bad word (HOLY F***) in front of my 4 year old when I opened the box. 

Huge thanks to Nick @HoustonEgger! I am astonished and taken aback at the generosity and the thought you put into this box! 

I was stationed in Florida for a few years so that whataburger ketchup is gonna fill a hole i have had in my life! 

All of the spicy products are greatly appreciated, I love a good burn (and occasionally one that causes great pain) so these sauces and rubs will be put to good use! 

Hot olives! I had recently resorted to stuffing my own olives with chopped up habaneros, I am a sucker for good olives! 

And all that meat! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! Sausages are up there right under whole pork cuts to grill and smoke so I am gonna tear some of them bad boys up this weekend! 

Nick, thank you SO MUCH for the obvious research you did into my postings and the thought you put in to match up local favorites with things you knew my family and I would enjoy. I am deeply touched by your gesture and am truly thankful.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FVCK!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843

wow I am looking fwd to mine.  idk who has me but if you have shipped let me know somehow if possible I am out of town for work then vacation right after so if I need to task a neighbor with retrieving it or if its USPS it will be held at the post office until our return.  if you haven't sent it don't get in a rush please we wont be home for over a week.  thanks in advance.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Just got my tracking info! Woo-hoo! 
    Edina, MN

• gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    @Ima_good_egg Long weekend for me as well and annual all of next week. We must have the same off day! Enjoy your box. Looks fantastic!
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • Ima_good_egg
    Ima_good_egg Posts: 590
    @gonepostal, we must have the same off days. And, btw, I like your forum name. Enjoy your time off!
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    RRog17 said:
    Got home today to find this box from @steel_egg on the steps. Helluva haul here! Great varieties of rubs, sauces, salsas, pickles, oils, etc. I tried nothing in the box, so super excited to get started. This exchange is awesome! Thanks to everyone who put it on and participated!!! Thanks, again, @steel_egg !!!!
    Very happy it all arrived intact. I love this forum and exchange. Pretty cool I was able to get you this year after you sent me your Carolina package last year. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,895
    You all are killing it with these boxes. Definitely going to get involved next year. @Possomtrot enjoy that Lanes Signature rub. I love that stuff, got this 3 weeks ago and use it a bunch.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Possumtrot
    Possumtrot Posts: 245
    Thank goodness I have @The_Stache  and @Killit_and_Grillit  to help with some of the testing. 
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• nolenut19
    nolenut19 Posts: 76
    blind99 said:
    @nolenut19 Re Texas - I’m just hoping repeat participants didn’t draw the same people as in the past. Next year we’ll let people tell us who they’ve drawn before, or who they’ve gotten packages from, if they want, and try to work that into the setup.  Logistics!
    I'm game for Texas every year, then again I had some stuff from Washington that was good too. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,331
    edited June 2018
    Seeing everyone post their packages is right up there with putting together my own in terms of enjoyment.

Great stuff! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,745
    edited June 2018
    Package from @Budgeezer arrived last Friday, but i am a little late to post, can’t wait to start cooking this weekend.
    Big fan of Dot's Pretzels. Rest of it looks pretty good, too.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    Package from @Budgeezer arrived last Friday, but i am a little late to post, can’t wait to start cooking this weekend.
    I got the Dipstix rub last year and it s a favorite around our house. I put that Sh*t on everything. I have ordered 3 bottles since the last exchange. Enjoy!
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    @Budgeezer sent me Dipstix a few years ago and it was definitely one of our favorites.  That Wee Willie's sauce is great too!  The other favorite from the year was the Pig Lotion lol
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Great job guys!! Love seeing all the generosity!  Y'all are definitely bringing it! 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Package from @Royal Coachmen weighed 24 lbs - had to wait till I had help before bringing it in - being old and all.  Wow, most of these are new to me - gonna have to get with my guys to try each and see what we like them with - or instead of.  Sort of speechless right now - so many and great ones, too.  Nice note that you have ties to this area and also GA because that's where my mother was from.  I'm a sucker for the jellies and know we'll use them well. Just WOW is all I can still say.  I have a daughter who is a graphic designer professionally and i haven't been able to get a possum design from her yet - this is going to be stolen. This really set off the expectations before I opened the package - just wanted to admire the creativity.  @mlc2013 I think this is what you mentioned about the artwork.

Anyway, just thank you for the items and the thought that went into the selections.

Henry

yes henry the was the art work I was referring to. That is a great box you got there and I already thanked @Royal Coachmen for confirming my suspicions. 

Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    @BulletGrillHouse I'm glad it all made it safely.  Hope you enjoy a little taste of the Midwest!
    Edina, MN

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    nolenut19 said:
    nolenut19 said:

@nolenut19 did I forget to put a note in the box?  I was having a Monday for a Friday when I sent that. Did the franklins sauce make it?  I didn’t realize I did more rubs than sauce.  We don’t use that much sauce out here. Hope you enjoy!
    No there was a note a bit difficult to read. The one salt lick sauce was the only that survived  I am more of a rub man myself. I loved the package. I need to move to Texas. 
    That Uncle Chris Steak Seasoning is legit!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    SamIAm2 said:
    You all are killing it with these boxes. Definitely going to get involved next year. @Possomtrot enjoy that Lanes Signature rub. I love that stuff, got this 3 weeks ago and use it a bunch.
    Lane's is AWESOME!!  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • mlc2013
    SciAggie great score great job @jabam I can honestly say there is not 1 thing i know of in that mix just amazing

Long Island NY    
  • mlc2013
    @Possumtrot
    Did my representatives make it to you yet, I haven't heard anything from them so im assuming you killed them already.
    Long Island NY    
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,749
    SciAggie said:
    The generosity of folks on this forum is amazing! @jabam Thanks for all the goodness! I will put the frog sauce to work this weekend. It is a real hoot to get items from different parts of the country. 

that Spade L Ranch is some good stuff!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    SciAggie said:
    The generosity of folks on this forum is amazing! @jabam Thanks for all the goodness! I will put the frog sauce to work this weekend. It is a real hoot to get items from different parts of the country. 

@SciAggie I'm glad everything made it in one piece! I worry about that every year.

Enjoy!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"