Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Neo-Weather Underground

Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
edited June 2018 in Off Topic
Party of love, compassion, understanding, and acceptance?

http://mobile.wnd.com/2018/06/up-next-1970s-style-bombings-warns-progressive/
A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    Don't worry, I'm sure there are very fine people on both sides.
    Stillwater, MN
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324

I'm sure you also have a hot take on Milo's statement yesterday:

“I can’t wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight,”

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    HeavyG said:

I'm sure you also have a hot take on Milo's statement yesterday:

“I can’t wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight,”

Yeah, then there is that.  Lets not focus on the alt-right though.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
     Xactly what we need.  pump up the ignorant to nuclear levels of partisan hatred and create violence.   whip out the pitchforks and torches and repeat Salam history.  (call it a witchhunt).  except witches don't exist.
    edited June 2018
    It will be interesting to see how many of those that were so vocal that we shouldn’t have political statements on a bbq site a few days ago show up to castigate the OP this time. I’m sure in their mind they will have an easy distinction. 
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    GrillSgt said:
    It will be interesting to see how many of those that were so vocal that we shouldn’t have political statements on a bbq site a few days ago show up to castigate the OP this time. I’m sure in their mind they will have an easy distinction. 

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
     Xactly what we need.  pump up the ignorant to nuclear levels of partisan hatred and create violence.   whip out the pitchforks and torches and repeat Salam history.  (call it a witchhunt).  except witches don't exist.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    Violence is never the answer to anything, but the main person who seems to be calling for that is a fairly obscure writer, not some party official.

In any case, some of these Trump administration officials dining choices are ... interesting, for lack of a better term.  Carry yourself with the confidence of someone enforcing the nation's current immigration policy who has zero fear about the kitchen's preparation of their Mexican dinner.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    GrillSgt said:
    Signal to noise ratio
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    maxine for president

Image result for maxine waters scary face

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • billt01
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01
    GrillSgt said:
     Image result for triggered meme

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Violence is never the answer to anything

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    In my mind there is a difference in journalism and opinions expressed by a blogger, desperately posting for click bait.

It seems, the OP has forgotten about the planned parenthood facilities that were bombed, and the people which were killed, as both a political and religious statement of the fundamentalist right. 

There are so many other examples as well.

There is crazy violence on both sides, and to think it is only one sided, is lunacy.

Any violence is senseless, and anyone supporting such vile actions, are unstable, at best.

It is true we have idiots in DC, but it is our fault they are there, or remain there.

However, giving any thought or attention to an obscure post as this, only keeps idiots that blog like this guy hanging around.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    Legume said:

OK well maybe sometimes it is the answer.  Still not sure about that roundhouse though.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume said:

OK well maybe sometimes it is the answer.  Still not sure about that roundhouse though.
    They should’ve re-shot that scene, it really brings down the whole movie.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Legume said:

Roundhouse was definitely required.  Otherwise you see the girly scratches on the big dudes throat when he falls backwards.  Dalton cannot rip a throat out. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Legume said:

Reverse crescent kick, and yes, normally to slow to be practical.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286

YukonRon said:
    In my mind there is a difference in journalism and opinions expressed by a blogger, desperately posting for click bait.

It seems, the OP has forgotten about the planned parenthood facilities that were bombed, and the people which were killed, as both a political and religious statement of the fundamentalist right. 

There are so many other examples as well.

There is crazy violence on both sides, and to think it is only one sided, is lunacy.

Any violence is senseless, and anyone supporting such vile actions, are unstable, at best.

It is true we have idiots in DC, but it is our fault they are there, or remain there.

However, giving any thought or attention to an obscure post as this, only keeps idiots that blog like this guy hanging around.

Citations on Trump backed violence with actual injuries. Reuters is acceptable Huffand Puff isn't.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited June 2018

Rasmussen today shows that 31% of Americans think another Civil War is likely soon. Pretty crazy to think about.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/june_2018/31_think_u_s_civil_war_likely_soon

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    No one side is going to fight the federal government in anything other token violence. Our Armed Forces are not going to fight each other. A large portion of this country believes in a lot of crazy things. 
  • Legume
    GrillSgt said:
    No one side is going to fight the federal government in anything other token violence. Our Armed Forces are not going to fight each other. A large portion of this country believes in a lot of crazy things. 
    Why do you continue to post political comments?  This is a cooking thread.
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Legume said:
    GrillSgt said:
    Why do you continue to post political comments?  This is a cooking thread.
    Haven’t you noticed all those on the right b!tching out the OP. All’s good. 
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Speak for yourself. It was a movie, but I could do faster and higher than that. My buddy and main sparring partner was faster still. And the guy that taught me was a blur. We called it a reverse spin kick, BTW.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831

gdenby said:
    Speak for yourself. It was a movie, but I could do faster and higher than that. My buddy and main sparring partner was faster still. And the guy that taught me was a blur. We called it a reverse spin kick, BTW.
    Honest question, Have you ever witnessed or personally applied martial arts practically in a real fight? Not an MMA match but a real street fight. I mean specifically spin kicks and the like. Not grappling techniques or punches. I can't think of many scenario's where something like a round house to the back would work effectively. Most fights last 30 seconds or so probably. I guess better to be trained and not use it than not trained.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    YukonRon said:

I agree with this statement Ron, but it seems that true journalism has all but disappeared. 

When was the last time you watched a hard news shows, when you had no idea what the anchor's opinion was?   The oldtime anchors are spinning in their graves.

Phoenix 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited June 2018

gdenby said:
    Honest question, Have you ever witnessed or personally applied martial arts practically in a real fight? Not an MMA match but a real street fight. I mean specifically spin kicks and the like. Not grappling techniques or punches. I can't think of many scenario's where something like a round house to the back would work effectively. Most fights last 30 seconds or so probably. I guess better to be trained and not use it than not trained.

Have you ever torn out a man's esophagus with your bare hands?  If not then you have no frame of reference and need to step off.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA