Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2018 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    GATravellerlkapigian,  I do not ship from my store Pasta Time in Bethpage Long Island New York. When ever you want some just sent me a message and ill get some out to you. I make a new batch every 30-35 days or so the ones I sent you were just over 35 days old. I use no preservatives so if your going to hold them for a while just let them sit in an oil bath so they don't turn or get rock hard.

My god did you hear that? ..........

Oh no Ive said to much already and my grandfather is turning in his grave.

Gotta go!!!!
    @mlc2013 , one of the guys I work with was from Bethpage, did not know that until today, his dad still goes there a couple times a year
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    mlc2013 said:
    booksw said:
    @lkapigian that's some great looking skirt steak- makes me hungry!
    That’s not his cook it was HendersonTRKing
    Yup! but thanks!
    It was a feast, starring the AlbuKerky Green Chile Rub @Gulfcoastguy sent me.  The Prince made the sauce -- something with mayo, sour cream and a bunch of roasted hatch chiles my nephew (from Albuquerque) roasted a few weeks ago.  We added sweet hot jalepenos, pepper jack cheese and a grilled club roll.  Perfect steak sammy for Sunday Funday dinner.  Wishing I brought one in to work today! 
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Might have to send a second box after seeing what’s been sent so far. 

Definitely not.  People send what they want, and we're grateful to get new stuff to try.  

After @mlc2013's fun, next year we may add a stealth elf with bonus points for correctly identifying them.  

I'm super psyched to see completely new members making a strong showing in the Noob exchange. (@jwc6160 I already used one of the rubs and sauces on wings last night, my kids destroyed them!)
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    Options
    oops my bad it still looks good @HendersonTRKing
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • jwc6160
    jwc6160 Posts: 218
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Might have to send a second box after seeing what’s been sent so far. 

Definitely not.  People send what they want, and we're grateful to get new stuff to try.  

After @mlc2013's fun, next year we may add a stealth elf with bonus points for correctly identifying them.  

I'm super psyched to see completely new members making a strong showing in the Noob exchange. (@jwc6160 I already used one of the rubs and sauces on wings last night, my kids destroyed them!)
    That’s great. I’m glad they liked it. 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I think the Usps flat rate is pretty reasonable. 
    There was no way I was getting this box done with flat rate

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Ima_good_egg
    Ima_good_egg Posts: 590
    Options
    Then I do understand your wanting cheaper shipping.
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    I think the Usps flat rate is pretty reasonable. 
    There was no way I was getting this box done with flat rate

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    I have a box sitting at my back door. Pulled up a livestream from the garage cam so that I can stare at it all day ;)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Great looking boxes so far. Can't believe @Gulfcoastguy got all that to fit in one box.
    I am a Mississippi State University Civil Engineer. Our hobbies are building bridges out toothpicks and canoes out of concrete. It was just a matter of placing the plastic rub bottles so that they protected the glass sauce bottles and nothing had room to move. In fact I added the bottle of hot sauce to fill in a vertical hole. Beats packing peanuts.
    Do you build concrete and cardboard canoes too?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    Great looking boxes so far. Can't believe @Gulfcoastguy got all that to fit in one box.
    I am a Mississippi State University Civil Engineer. Our hobbies are building bridges out toothpicks and canoes out of concrete. It was just a matter of placing the plastic rub bottles so that they protected the glass sauce bottles and nothing had room to move. In fact I added the bottle of hot sauce to fill in a vertical hole. Beats packing peanuts.
    Do you build concrete and cardboard canoes too?
    A bit of a joke, the school chapter of the national association participates in a contest to build canoes out of concrete , usually reinforced by some variety of mesh. They also sponsor contest with public schools to build model bridges that are judged by how much weight they can hold. I've been out of school , well over 30 years. I just help with Math Counts contests now. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Blown fhe F away by @Gulfcoastguy. Amazing box of local Mississippi rubs and sauces. And he figured out that I’ve got a serious Louisiana thing and packed in some regional treats as well. Mississippi goodies with a Cajun influence — all things we can’t get in The 302, so I’m completely payched. 

Amazing stuff here:

I used the AlbuKirky Green Chile Rub tonight on some skirt steak. That stuff rocks. Never had it before and appreciate the share from out of his own region. 

And, the letter with the descriptions of all the goodness was a treat to read. Lots of thought put into this box. A tribute to @Gulfcoastguy and what’s best about the forum. 
    Nice score there. Way to wade right into them also.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    ive sent a few of my representative to @Possumtrot house to straighten things out. Im sure they will be there by thursday be warned.

Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    My elf sent me a message that he got it, so that end is okay. Now for mine?
    Tracking info to me says

Status

Status Not Available

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    mlc2013 said:
    ive sent a few of my representative to @Possumtrot house to straighten things out. Im sure they will be there by thursday be warned.

Ha....they go at their own risk in those Tennessee parts. Hope they return.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options
    The package I sent was delivered to the front porch of my guy on Friday as well.  Haven't heard back from him yet.  Hopefully someone grabbed the package for him and got it out of the Texas heat over the weekend!
    Edina, MN

• mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    mlc2013 said:

Ha....they go at their own risk in those Tennessee parts. Hope they return.
    They will gladly give their life for me. But not before my message is delivered
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 Posts: 1,353
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Budgeezer said:
    The package I sent was delivered to the front porch of my guy on Friday as well.  Haven't heard back from him yet.  Hopefully someone grabbed the package for him and got it out of the Texas heat over the weekend!
    I better go check my mailbox then.  My lazy a** mailman hopefully brings it to my door.  We have a community mailbox on our cul de sac. It was only 107 and 108 Saturday and Sunday.  What could possibly spoil in those temps.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    Options
    Lots of nice boxes out there so far. The anticipation is killing me!  Finally got mine out the door. 
    Thanks to @cazzy and @blind99 for the tradition and work that goes in to this. I think there was another member who was helping out but I can’t seem to remember who that was. Thanks to that anonymous member as well. The effort is appreciated!  

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Just checked. My package was delivered today.  Hope I sent it to the right person. lol 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • BuzzinBoca
    BuzzinBoca Posts: 13
    Options
    This is a lot of fun.  Thanks @blind99 and @cazzy for making it happen.  I'm stoked to show off my loot from @ENC_BBQ.  You sent a great assortment. 
    I would have an egg cooking something with one of your recommendations right now if mother nature was more cooperative.  Instead I sampled some sawse on yesterday's grilled chicken.  It's good for sure.   Thank you fellow noob.  I'm looking forward to trying it all.
  • blind99
    Options
    steel_egg said:
    Lots of nice boxes out there so far. The anticipation is killing me!  Finally got mine out the door. 
    Thanks to @cazzy and @blind99 for the tradition and work that goes in to this. I think there was another member who was helping out but I can’t seem to remember who that was. Thanks to that anonymous member as well. The effort is appreciated!  

It’s a lot of fun to get new stuff to try!

@northgacock is our partner in crime
  • steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    Options
    blind99 said:
    steel_egg said:

It’s a lot of fun to get new stuff to try!

@northgacock is our partner in crime
    @northGAcock. Thanks you as well!  Have to give credit where it’s due. 
  • ENC_BBQ
    ENC_BBQ Posts: 2
    Options
    This is a lot of fun.  Thanks @blind99 and @cazzy for making it happen.  I'm stoked to show off my loot from @ENC_BBQ.  You sent a great assortment. 
    I would have an egg cooking something with one of your recommendations right now if mother nature was more cooperative.  Instead I sampled some sawse on yesterday's grilled chicken.  It's good for sure.   Thank you fellow noob.  I'm looking forward to trying it all.
    Glad to see it made it in one piece, I was a little nervous. The weather also put a damper on me sampling the goods. I will let you know when I do.
  • booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    Options
    nlovold said:
    Many thanks to @booksw for the awesome package from Charleston SC.  This is very much appreciated, and the only thing I have tried is the SoyVay Teriyaki, and can say that we love that stuff.  My family has thoroughly enjoyed the "extras" you included from the farmers market.  Let me just say that the cheese zingers didn't last long- those things are crazy good- I could hurt myself on those!  Thank you very much for your generous and thoughtful surprise.
    Hooray!!  I am so glad you got it!  I know the soy vey isn’t local but I use it all the time I have to include it when I write about what I do.  HOnestly mostly I just use salt and pepper and maybe some olive (or lately avocado) oil.  Or my local Buster’s Rub- enjoy every bit of it!!
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • blind99
    Options
    Bourbon barrel aged Worcestershire? Good god man that sounds great! Very cool. 
  • YettiLuke
    YettiLuke Posts: 8
    Options
    @gonepostal I am glad everything made it intact! There were a few thing in there that I had not tried myself, but I am pretty exited to try them along with the things that you sent me.