Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Who has plans for the freakin' weekin'

Options
billt01
billt01 Posts: 1,530
edited June 2018 in Off Topic
My plans involve this and beers until Sunday afternoon....

Have:
 XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
Had:
LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
Ola, Ga

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • billt01
    Options
    No harem of concubines..

Just a wife, and 2 daughters, and two friends...

Knee boards, wake boards, ski's, and pull behinds..

I believe they would rather be chased by a pack of wild dogs than be put on the float again...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01
    Options
    And I will beat someone to the punch before they have the chance..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    edited June 2018
    Options
    You headed to Jackson or Sinclair/Oconee? 

I’m usually off of the lake by 11am on the weekends. It’s too crazy. I read this a few minutes ago on another forum.  This is Lanier on the weekends. Still cracking up. 

“...Lil Jimmy behind the X-star with 10,000 pounds of ballast and 200,000 watts of Justin Bieber blaring trying to surf the 5 foot swell that's getting belched out the back of Pops mid life crisis...” 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • billt01
    Options
    You headed to Jackson or Sinclair/Oconee? 

I’m usually off of the lake by 11am on the weekends. It’s too crazy. I read this a few minutes ago on another forum.  This is Lanier on the weekends. Still cracking up. 

“...Lil Jimmy behind the X-star with 10,000 pounds of ballast and 200,000 watts of Justin Bieber blaring trying to surf the 5 foot swell that's getting belched out the back of Pops mid life crisis...” 
    That is so funny and true, you left out "getting 2 MPG"

Too many people die on Lanier...no, they really do...

I'm on Sinclair, we have a cove we usually go to and "bob" with the occasional "I want to ....." by the kids every few hours...
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I'll be watching 14U softball all day Saturday.  Maybe lake on Sunday (depending on how we do in the tournament).

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • billt01
    Options
    I'll be watching 14U softball all day Saturday.  Maybe lake on Sunday (depending on how we do in the tournament).
    we are done until Nationals in July....She may pickup before then, but if not...we will be at Sinclair
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• GATraveller
    Options
    We play tomorrow then Nationals in July (Murfreesboro, TN).

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • billt01
    Options
    We play tomorrow then Nationals in July (Murfreesboro, TN).
    Good luck to her and the team...stay hydrated, its gonna be hot as the devil's plum sack
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    Options
    We are actually headed out to the NC shore tomorrow.   Will be out there the entire week at a house right on the beach.  My MiniMax and RB will both be in tow.  Life is good.
    We just got back from North Myrtle Beach.. Was nice to get away for a few days. Weather was hot and humid which lead to an increased consumption of adult beverages.

XL BGE
    MD
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    edited June 2018
    Options
    boats in, washed it last fall =) weekend of salmon fishing and feasting on eye round steaks. dropping a butt on around midnight tonight
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    My buddy who is a chef trained in a culinary school wants to do a brisket "cook off" competition.   He has some weird ideas on how to smoke a brisket.  I told him any time, any where.
    Options
    Virginia Beach, VA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Couple old college buddies are coming into town.  They didn't care what, but they wanted some smoked.  Got some beef plate ribs lined up and some pork belly burnt ends.  Lots of food and booze for the weekend.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My buddy who is a chef trained in a culinary school wants to do a brisket "cook off" competition.   He has some weird ideas on how to smoke a brisket.  I told him any time, any where.
    Is he aware that you’ve run entire camps on this topic?  Do his “weird ideas” involve engine cranes and goats?

I think you gots this, bro.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • billt01
    Options
    Is he aware that you’ve run entire camps on this topic?  Do his “weird ideas” involve engine cranes and goats?

I think you gots this, bro.
    whats the over/under before @nolaegghead states..

"WTF R U Doin?!!"

I got <10min
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    make sure he reads the travis brisket post for some ideas =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Just hanging with all these hunnies......

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    How do y’all get the videos to show up when you link to them? It used to do it, but now all I get is the actual link to show up. It’s not nearly as fun that way. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • billt01
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    How do y’all get the videos to show up when you link to them? It used to do it, but now all I get is the actual link to show up. It’s not nearly as fun that way. 
    magic..

no, but really...I just copy and paste the URL link and it populates the video...
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    billt01 said:
    jeffwit said:
    magic..

no, but really...I just copy and paste the URL link and it populates the video...
    iPhone?
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    I'm in Philadelphia working - all day and night planned for me...

Good people and good work - but not as good as egging at home with friends and family.

Or boating/skiing.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• billt01
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    billt01 said:
    jeffwit said:
    magic..

iPhone?
    Windows

Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• billt01
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I'm in Philadelphia working - all day and night planned for me...

Good people and good work - but not as good as egging at home with friends and family.

Or boating/skiing.
    well, someones gotta do it...might as well be someone who knows how to do it...
    Have:
    Had:

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Jurassic Park Picture Show with the boys tonight.

KBQ is off road for its first trip.  3 racks of backs and wings, wild cherry wood, Oakridge, Plowboys, and Blues Hog per birthday boy's request.  Should be fun-filled, even a little Donkey Kong Tropical Breeze and Rocket League if it rains possibly Sunday.  The Switch comes in handy.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."