Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Focker said:
    Baking in the rain.  Thinned out refried bean, quesadilla rallado, chorizo, egg.

450 for 40 minutes

Thanks Smokeware, @Brisket_Fanatic, and @SSN686.
    Good grief!
    This may be in the rotation for next year's fest.  At least I can't forget the damn tortillas.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Focker said:
    Focker said:
    Baking in the rain.  Thinned out refried bean, quesadilla rallado, chorizo, egg.

450 for 40 minutes

Good grief!
    This may be in the rotation for next year's fest.  At least I can't forget the damn tortillas.  =)
    That’s a show stopper right there!

Ya know they make tortillas in our town, right? LOL!
  • Focker
    Focker said:

450 for 40 minutes

Great idea
    Thanks for the inspiration.  A local Mexican joint here has a big a$$ burrito called the Senor Burro.  I may add a little bit of Mexican rice, diced ernyin, and jalapeno.  This recipe is a HOFer no doubt.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    Focker said:

450 for 40 minutes

That's solid!! Well done. 
    Thank you
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Having dinner. More tuna, grilled scapes, and carrots. 

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Excited Mississippi State beat NC and moves on in the CWS!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Daaaaaang Dyal. Veggies are looking good. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Dyal_SC said:
    Enjoying the fruits and veggies from the yard. 

Okra flowers are purdy!

The deer are enjoying the peaches and pears too. 

That is living right there Craig. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    You could have meat and veggies right from your yard Craig!  Do it!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Just logged in to set up my new work email, password, etc for the new company.  It's getting real meow. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Insta pot fail.  Threw some potatoes in with chicken stock.  Turned it on and ran to the barn to grab my trailer.  Forgot to close the valve, doh! Boiled off all the liquid.  What a mess.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Insta pot fail.  Threw some potatoes in with chicken stock.  Turned it on and ran to the barn to grab my trailer.  Forgot to close the valve, doh! Boiled off all the liquid.  What a mess.
    What do you feel about the insta pot? Does it deserve all the hype it’s getting? I’ve been reading up on those. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Dang it, guys.
    It's taken me 25, 30 minutes to scroll thru this page, and the last page (1152).  It seem this forum software needs to reload every single picture, one at a time, over and over, every time someone "Quote"s it.  Its true I only have a 12 Mps internet connection, but I can stream HD movies okay and no other forum I'm on has this problem.  
    Is there some setting I need to change, to anyone's knowledge?  I love this place but its really starting to take up too much time to be worth it.  :(

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2018
    Dyal_SC said:
    What do you feel about the insta pot? Does it deserve all the hype it’s getting? I’ve been reading up on those. Haven’t pulled the trigger yet  
     It has its place.  Great pot roasts, veggies, potatoes, etc.  I would buy another one if it broke.  I like it better than SV.

It is not instant though.  15 minute cook time = 45 minutes real time.  Warm up, cook, cool and pressure relieve.
  • Focker
    Focker said:
    Focker said:

450 for 40 minutes

Good grief!
    That’s a show stopper right there!

Ya know they make tortillas in our town, right? LOL!
    Yes, they are fantastic!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Trying to prioritize the gear purchases for this upcoming September...duck season is only 3 months away ...and closing fast
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Watching the series Shooter on netflix.  Apparently Storm Troopers must be Russian.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Botch said:
    Dang it, guys.
    It's taken me 25, 30 minutes to scroll thru this page, and the last page (1152).  It seem this forum software needs to reload every single picture, one at a time, over and over, every time someone "Quote"s it.  Its true I only have a 12 Mps internet connection, but I can stream HD movies okay and no other forum I'm on has this problem.  
    Is there some setting I need to change, to anyone's knowledge?  I love this place but its really starting to take up too much time to be worth it.  :(
    When the pics are too many / large and slow to load I just skip to thd next page. It's not all pages. A picture size limit would help, too many multi megabyte pics on a page kill the loading time.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Found some early morning in services and getting caught up on forum talk.  0400 start time here meant I was asleep by 2100.  That’s when this place just starts getting good.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Leaving WV soon. Going to “swing by” DC on my way back to Charlotte. Meeting my oldest sister for lunch at Dukes Grocery. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Botch said:
    Dang it, guys.
    When browsing on my PC or phone I don't have issues, but when on my iPad using Chrome I have these issues sometimes.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Seriously considering a move to Texas!!   =)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Botch said:
    Dang it, guys.

See my first post :)  My iPad won't even load this thread once the pics get heavy. It throws in the towel halfway through. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • saluki2007
    Came home from work and decided today was the day to cook the baby backs that have been in the fridge since last Friday. First time going turboish. Going to let it settle in somewhere between 300 and 330.  Trying to use some rubs up too. 

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Looking forward to this spiral cut ham, even though it looks like someones butt.

Phoenix 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Tombstone is on AMC. You’re welcome. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Kicking some some chicken wing asz. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • saluki2007
    Had to move the egg in a little bit to finish up. 

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL