Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Adam Perry Lang-PRE FRIDAY OT

Options

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    How is one considered a troll? Apparently to some people I’m a troll account. I’m not but whatever. Maybe I can pull a Bluegrass and just leave. Clearly several people get all butthurt when “newbies” join in the fun. Also when does one stop becoming a newbie? I’ve been here almost 5 months.
    you have to take first communion. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    How is one considered a troll? Apparently to some people I’m a troll account. I’m not but whatever. Maybe I can pull a Bluegrass and just leave. Clearly several people get all butthurt when “newbies” join in the fun. Also when does one stop becoming a newbie? I’ve been here almost 5 months.
    You're still new here. Show up to a few events and meet some peeps in person.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Listen to Tex JIC, he’s an expert in losing. 
    A little late to the party. Wouldn’t expect anything less.
    Everyone can dish it out, but few can take it. You can’t. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    @caliking definitely ceased to be a newbie at that very moment.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    GrillSgt said:
    Listen to Tex JIC, he’s an expert in losing. 
    A little late to the party. Wouldn’t expect anything less.
    Everyone can dish it out, but few can take it. You can’t. 
    Ouch you got me. I’m devastated. I take it back, I don’t give a rip about your giant pork butt.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I often think, that comment is so ignorant, it must be someone trolling.  Well, I apologize for thinking that.  I was wrong.
    Options
    Could you try to be a little more juvenile. Buck up bucko. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I often think, that comment is so ignorant, it must be someone trolling.  Well, I apologize for thinking that.  I was wrong.

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Could you try to be a little more juvenile. Buck up bucko. 
    I’m fine. Trust me. Really how did your pork butt turn out.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    DMW said:
    If there were any decent size events near dallas I might. They all seem to be in Georgia or The Carolinas.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    DMW said:
    If there were any decent size events near dallas I might. They all seem to be in Georgia or The Carolinas.
    The Texas Eggfest was in April.
  • DMW
    Options
    DMW said:
    Carolinas is an eight hour drive for me. New Orleans a flight, as was Salado. Ouch, my toe hurts... Man, get yourself a hanky... 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Carolinas is an eight hour drive for me. New Orleans a flight, as was Salado. Ouch, my toe hurts... Man, get yourself a hanky... 
    Salado. Is that where it’s held every year? Good to know, maybe I’ll make that one next year.

• DMW
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Salado. Is that where it’s held every year? Good to know, maybe I’ll make that one next year.
    No, Salado has been retired. Just sayin', don't let proximity stop you. Venture out. Travel a bit.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    No, Salado has been retired. Just sayin', don't let proximity stop you. Venture out. Travel a bit.
    Dunno if flying to South Carolina for a weekend would be in the cards to hang out with you schmucks. Maybe eventually. 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options

Little Rock, AR

• JohnInCarolina
    edited June 2018
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Dunno if flying to South Carolina for a weekend would be in the cards to hang out with you schmucks. Maybe eventually. 
    We can definitely put you up in a great place right outside of Columbia for the next Butt Blast if you want.  And I promise you there won’t be any of us shmucks there except for the locals.
  • DMW
    Options
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    DMW said:
    Don't go to South Carolina, we'll be in North Carolina. Dan Nicholas Park (https://goo.gl/maps/eEsyoCh9kk72) to be specific. And yes, we are schmucks. But, we are the best schmucks, none other the better.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    But don’t eat the Scrapple. 

Or try to stay in Cabin 2. I have it on retainer. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    DMW said:
    Butt Blast and Brisket Camp are both 10 plus each.  Buck up and suck it up.  Get there.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    Options
    But don’t eat the Scrapple. 

Or try to stay in Cabin 2. I have it on retainer. 
    For sure don't eat the scrapple, I want that for late at night when making eggs.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    1/2” steaks for everyone!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    1/2” steaks for everyone!

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    One stops becoming a newbie (nooB) when one stops worrying about being labeled a nooB. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @caliking definitely ceased to be a newbie at that very moment.
    1. I would say that’s the moment Adam graduated from being a newbie. 

2. I just noticed that I held onto my Yeti/RTIC cup every second of that. Thems whachya call skilz.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Well that de-escalated quickly. Bunch of quitters. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Overall, the forum has more Vivian Howard fanboys.  One has to work their way up to APL recipes....baby steps.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• zman51
    zman51 Posts: 133
    Options
    Dang. RIP Anthony Bourdain!
    Central Florida
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

Privileged white kid who wanted to live the pirate life, gets a mad drug addiction, squanders a God given natural talent for years, then writes a book blasting everyone in the industry...and manages to become the very creature that he berated in print?

Hate him? That dude is my spirit animal. Falling up in life has been lifelong dream.  =)=)

You got some bad voodoo man... 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

I've been here a week and my PM box is full of people asking me "who are you really?" 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave