Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone familiar with this lump?

Options
Saw this for 9.99 for two #18 bags.  Never heard of it, but figured for the price I would try it.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    What’s with the extra stones under the casters?
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Distribute the weight across multiple pavers.  Limit the chance of a few pavers settling.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Lump?
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Distribute the weight across multiple pavers.  Limit the chance of a few pavers settling.
    Over engineered  
    Jacksonville FL
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    It’s good stuff for the Weber. Not lump. Darn good price though. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Briquettes are my favorite lump 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Dobie said:
    Over engineered  
    Secondary benefit is it moves my egg up to proper cooking level ;)
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Looks like a trip hazard

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Looks like a trip hazard
    No worries...he’s got a cactus to cushion his fall. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Careful - I’ve heard it’s sparky!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I use in my Mini all the time.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    It’s repackaged RW.  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Just making sure you use lighter fluid with the briquets. Works best when poured down the DFMT. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Uniform pieces, hardly and chips, very little dust. Almost no VOCs, smoke is clear in minutes. Above average ash. 
    Lots of heat for grilling/searing, works best with the dome off, for the price you can’t go wrong.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    It is at least better than Royal Oak Briquettes. Less of the real smelly smoke, catches faster, burns cleaner, easier to light.
    Bag is easier to open as well.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited June 2018
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    Looks like a trip hazard
    No worries...he’s got a cactus to cushion his fall. 
     Fun fact, those needles on Golden Barrel cacti are very flammable.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Y’all ever been stuck at a boring dinner and have to fight off the urge to look down at your phone to get a chuckle about lump?

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Y’all ever been stuck at a boring dinner and have to fight off the urge to look down at your phone to get a chuckle about lump?
    No
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I can't say I wasn't afraid to open this thread.....but how could I not??? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Put the whole bag and all in there. Helps light it quicker 
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    They make it with lighter fluid already infused into the lump. Makes it so much easier to light. I’ve used in in my eggs ever since Wes Johnson told me about it. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”